Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #21
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

short derailment here, i'm in the process of planning a stag in just over a month. Are there any cigar bars in the city or are they illegal with the smoking ban and everything. It would be great if we could sit down and enjoy a cigar with a drink.
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:09 AM   #22
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

I agree that it is for the groom, but make sure your friends know exactly what you want.

We "dragged" a buddy "kicking and screaming" to Vegas for his stag, then "dragged" him once again to the Rhino; where we forced him to be entertained. Then the second night he was asking the cabbies what other gentlemen's clubs they would recommend.

So in the above case, we all knew our friend well enough to know that on the outside he was saying no, but in the inside he had his dollar bills all lined up and ready to go.

Take your best man aside, have a one to one discussion with him, and tell him what you want. I agree with what was said earlier- it should be a little embarassing for you. But that can be done by making you wear a dress while golfing, a bunny suit to wear for paintball, a shirt with suckers on them and a sign saying "hey ladies- $1 per suck!"
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:10 AM   #23
Swarly
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
Ya... about that... I already tried. It turned in to a serious chat about why we should have strippers, and is there any way I would possibly allow strippers to be there.

I basically said if they HAVE to be there, then:

1) I want to go TO the strippers, not have them come to me.
2) I don't want any personal, alone type attention (lapdance etc)
3) No touching me from the strippers. I don't care if I get tapped on the shoulder for a drink or that kind of thing, but if a boob touches my face or something I will fataing lose my sh**.
if you go to the strippers in calgary you wont have to worry about any touching, they dont even do lapdances here.

also if you are dragged there and having a bad time its pretty easy (and funny) to get kicked out
Swarly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swarly For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 10:11 AM   #24
BigFlamesFan
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Party is always about the groom. I just finished planning one not long ago for a buddy of mine. there was no strippers in at his request. His reasoning was that he had done tons of that when he was 18. He didnt need it anymore.
We all respected his wishes. We had a GREAT time!

Just be honest and tell your best man that typically the party is about you as the groom. Explain what you would like to do. If he actually deserves to be your best man he will understand and make it work for you.
BigFlamesFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:13 AM   #25
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Ya... about that... I already tried. It turned in to a serious chat about why we should have strippers, and is there any way I would possibly allow strippers to be there.

I basically said if they HAVE to be there, then:

1) I want to go TO the strippers, not have them come to me.
2) I don't want any personal, alone type attention (lapdance etc)
3) No touching me from the strippers. I don't care if I get tapped on the shoulder for a drink or that kind of thing, but if a boob touches my face or something I will fataing lose my sh**.
That pretty much sucks. Like, has the guy never experienced strippers before or what? He can go to the French Maid any day of the week if he's so amped up about it. Shouldn't have to impact what you want for your party.

As a Bride, I probably would've just gone a little Bride-zilla on everyone and just put my foot down. I really don't have much other advice as I'm not sure how these things are usually negotiated between guys.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:24 AM   #26
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac_gurl View Post
For my hubby's Stag, the guys booked a trip to Vegas for him, something he had no desire to do, and is NOT his thing.... He really didn't enjoy it that much....
At least that is what he told you!
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:57 AM   #27
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I really don't have much other advice as I'm not sure how these things are usually negotiated between guys.
It kinda goes like this:

Me: Guys, seriously, you don't seem to get that I would just have more fun without strippers.

Guys: *Blank stare

Me: I just want to have fu-

Guys: Wipe your vagina.

Me: Dude, it makes me uncomforta-

Guys: Oh come on man, it will be fine. It's your last chance to blah blah blah

Me: Dude, to me it's not a last chance, its something I DON'T CARE TO DO. It's like saying it's your last chance to eat poop. I don't want to eat poop.

Guys: Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan so gay, we just want to have fun blah blah blah

Me: I'm sick of talking about this.
alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 10:58 AM   #28
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

It's your last night of freedom. You are expected to have fun BUT also expect to be embarassed a bit. That's half the point.

If you don't want strippers fine, but the no getting hammered and puking? Seriously.... It's your batchelor party, not a friday out with people from work!!

However, any of my buddies who refuse strippers on the batchelor party are usually told to put away their vaginas!
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 11:05 AM   #29
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

Quote:
It kinda goes like this:

Me: Guys, seriously, you don't seem to get that I would just have more fun without strippers.
That is what I was saying before- talk to one person about it. Much easier for them to drop the macho routine when we aren't in the pack.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:14 AM   #30
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

I went to a couple stags in the last month or so (sweet Jesus I must be getting old), and both times it was what the groom wanted to do. And one was even in Vegas sans strippers. And "little people" much to the chagrin of one of the other groomsmen.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 11:32 AM   #31
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
It's your last night of freedom. You are expected to have fun BUT also expect to be embarassed a bit. That's half the point.

If you don't want strippers fine, but the no getting hammered and puking? Seriously.... It's your batchelor party, not a friday out with people from work!!

However, any of my buddies who refuse strippers on the batchelor party are usually told to put away their vaginas!

Hey... I said I would drink! Trust me, it will be a gong show. I don't really care about being told to wipe my vagina, because I'm getting freaking married. What pisses me off is that they use these dumb burns to deflect rather than address the fact that I just don't want them.
Old 06-15-2009, 11:56 AM   #32
Crazy Flamer
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm glad this thread came up as I was about to start one like it.

This weekend, I am throwing a bachelor party for one of my best friends who will be getting married in a few weeks. He is a quiet kind of guy and has never been one to get really wild and crazy. So there will only really be four of us, including him.

HE has asked that his dad and his father-in-law to be not be invited, as he is doing something separately with them. He has also asked for no strippers. Fine.

But besides that, the only things he wants to do is to go play a round of golf, then have the four of us come back to my place, play XBOX and get smashed. To me, that;s kind of lame. I want to come up with some fun things we can do, but am having troubles coming up with some ideas.

Anybody got any?
Old 06-15-2009, 12:03 PM   #33
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Exp:

The big thing about not getting the groom drunk, is not getting him passed out within the first 2 hours. I totally get that- a buddy missed most of his own bachelor party because he was puking.

Make sure a huge meal is planned a couple of hours before the rest of the guys show up.
The Following User Says Thank You to ken0042 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #34
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think one thing that gets overlooked is the bride. Believe it or not, some girls aren't exactly kosher with their husband-to-be's face smothered in dirty stripper taata's or worse. Some are fine, some aren't. I happen to have one that isn't cool with that. Not that I'd really want to do it anyways. So, for my bacehlor party at the end of this month, we're ripping up to Panorama to stay at a buddies cabin to golf, then to Golden for some white water rafting. they wont tell me more than that, but they'll respect the no stripper clause I have asked for.

To me, going out for a night on the town, getting black-out drunk and then going home to sleep it off for 6 days isnt exactly my idea of a good time anymore.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:13 PM   #35
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'd been to enough gong show bachelor parties that I told my best man I wasn't interested in anything too nuts. I set out what I wanted to do and that's what we did. If you want to go drink beer and golf, the guys should set that up for you. If they keep insisting on planning something you aren't interested in, I'd tell them I won't be showing up.

Ken, good call on the eating thing. I ate about 15 pounds of food before my party and it definitely made a big difference in how much booze I could handle.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:32 PM   #36
BlackEleven
Redundant Minister of Redundancy

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Flamer View Post
I'm glad this thread came up as I was about to start one like it.

This weekend, I am throwing a bachelor party for one of my best friends who will be getting married in a few weeks. He is a quiet kind of guy and has never been one to get really wild and crazy. So there will only really be four of us, including him.

HE has asked that his dad and his father-in-law to be not be invited, as he is doing something separately with them. He has also asked for no strippers. Fine.

But besides that, the only things he wants to do is to go play a round of golf, then have the four of us come back to my place, play XBOX and get smashed. To me, that;s kind of lame. I want to come up with some fun things we can do, but am having troubles coming up with some ideas.

Anybody got any?
Start with the golf and then getting smashed. Then come up with ideas.

Ideas thought up whilst drunk are the sort of thing that you should do on a bachelor party. Not only that, the drunk groom will much more willing to go along with said ideas.
BlackEleven is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BlackEleven For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #37
Phaneuf3
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post
Ideas thought up whilst drunk are the sort of thing that you should do on a bachelor party. Not only that, the drunk groom will much more willing to go along with said ideas.
This.

1000x This.
Phaneuf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 12:37 PM   #38
Clever_Iggy
Franchise Player

Exp:

ATR, it's about the strippers. It's their chance to cash in on younger guys blowing money for 3 minutes of in-close dancing without touching, rather than creepy old dudes that frequent perv-row. Plus, they get to talk to you about how they're finishing community college, how old their kid is and how they aren't "disrespecting themselves" because they take off their clothes "in a classy way" and "it's their body so who cares?"

Come on ATR, stop being so fataing selfish and save a stripper.
Clever_Iggy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Clever_Iggy For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 12:48 PM   #39
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I'm not loving your groomsmen in this situation. Any time I've been a groomsman the whole overarching idea is to do whatever the groom wants, and do it in the shortest amount of time. If I were in your position I would state that the party is to be stripper free or not happen at all. Then again I can be a bit of a wet blanket when in a situation such as yours. When I feel I'm being disrespected I turn into a bit of a bitch.
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Russic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #40
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I'm not loving your groomsmen in this situation. Any time I've been a groomsman the whole overarching idea is to do whatever the groom wants, and do it in the shortest amount of time. If I were in your position I would state that the party is to be stripper free or not happen at all. Then again I can be a bit of a wet blanket when in a situation such as yours. When I feel I'm being disrespected I turn into a bit of a bitch.
This is exactly how I feel.

I'm starting to think that they probably are just enjoying how much I am bothered by this whole thing, so they are going that much harder. Not only that, I think they always knew how I felt, so they started negotiations with the most outrageous stripper and booze plan, so I would meet them somewhere in the middle like I seem to be doing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
What's wrong with you? Paying a girl who has been molested by her father to do what she did to her father is the sh*T! When you look that chick in the eyes and you can see all the times she has cried and that she wouldn't be doing it if you weren't paying her.
This is a really vivid and disturbing scenario.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
and for your groomsmen, tell them that they need to say "YEAH" and "WOOOO" as she is dancing, because as we all know, the girls are listening and if you say "wooo" just right, she may sleep with him.
I wanted to thank this part... but that first part is just freaking brutal hahaha.

Tags
arshole friends , bachelor party , beer , strippers