Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #41
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
My kids day home was shut down this year because the husband was charged with two counts of sexual touching. My oldest boy was a regular there for 6 years and younger 4 so we were pretty shocked. The police questioned my boys and they seemed confident nothing had ever happened to them as do we as there have never been any signs of anything like this happening to them. I still cross paths with him in the community (I notice they now have their house up for sale) from time to time and it's pretty awkward even if he hasn't been convicted of anything yet.
Stuff like that is especially weird because you will likely never be sure if something happened there or not.

Maybe someone had hysterical parents, maybe not. The court will decide what the evidence says, but it can't tell you the truth
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:36 PM   #42
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, that's pretty ####ed up. Awkward would be the baseline at the very least.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 01:41 PM   #43
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

#### man I wouldn't call that awkward. I would kick his ass. Even more so if my kids went there.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #44
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by northcrunk View Post
#### man I wouldn't call that awkward. I would kick his ass. Even more so if my kids went there.
I'm sure you would.

Hypothetically if you would actually kick his ass, you would do so even before he was convicted huh?
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 03:05 PM   #45
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

So alpha.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:13 PM   #46
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My kids day home was shut down this year because the husband was charged with two counts of sexual touching. My oldest boy was a regular there for 6 years and younger 4 so we were pretty shocked. The police questioned my boys and they seemed confident nothing had ever happened to them as do we as there have never been any signs of anything like this happening to them. I still cross paths with him in the community (I notice they now have their house up for sale) from time to time and it's pretty awkward even if he hasn't been convicted of anything yet.
I think that guy was charged in 2014 as well but the charges were dropped.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:21 PM   #47
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I think that guy was charged in 2014 as well but the charges were dropped.
Yeah there's too much smoke to this now to dismiss this. It's easy to say you would kick his ass but as far as we know he's never laid a hand on my boys so I'm certainly not going to seek out violence for something he may or may not have done to someone else child. If anything it hits home that this kind of stuff can happen to anyone and it's not as isolated as you may think. Don't trust anyone you really don't know.
Erick Estrada is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2017, 05:24 PM   #48
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Yeah there's too much smoke to this now to dismiss this. It's easy to say you would kick his ass but as far as we know he's never laid a hand on my boys so I'm certainly not going to seek out violence for something he may or may not have done to someone else child. If anything it hits home that this kind of stuff can happen to anyone and it's not as isolated as you may think. Don't trust anyone you really don't know.
Not to mention - Why disrupt your own life with your family due to a needless criminal charge when the guy's been charged and going through the legal process.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-15-2017, 10:43 AM   #49
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Not to mention - Why disrupt your own life with your family due to a needless criminal charge when the guy's been charged and going through the legal process.
Exactly as there's a price to be paid for vigilante justice. Also he was a nice guy in all our dealings and from what all I know good to my boys (took them skating at the outdoor ice a few blocks away, played catch with them during their football season to help them improve, etc) and I feel I at least owe him the benefit of the doubt while the legal proceedings are still ongoing even if I feel there's a possibility he's guilty.
Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 AM   #50
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

I had a friend who's wife had a day home operation in their house and twice within a year there were complaints about two different employees. Luckily they had cameras where the kids said the touch took place and the complaints were proven totally false. It surprised me how devious 4 year olds can be. The boy didn't like his snack that day and the girl was mad she had to put her own toys away and play with the toys provided. Scary business and not worth the risk. Super not worth it if you're a man.
OMG!WTF! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #51
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I had a friend who's wife had a day home operation in their house and twice within a year there were complaints about two different employees. Luckily they had cameras where the kids said the touch took place and the complaints were proven totally false. It surprised me how devious 4 year olds can be. The boy didn't like his snack that day and the girl was mad she had to put her own toys away and play with the toys provided. Scary business and not worth the risk. Super not worth it if you're a man.
Yep. Also happens in schools with teachers as my wife has told me a few stories that make you take anything children say with a grain of salt. Kids know they have the power to get teachers or adults in general in trouble out of spite. They will do things like hide in a locker and if a teacher tries to take them out or remove them from class they will say stuff like; "I will tell the police you touched me". It's why I try not to jump to conclusions on stuff like this.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:24 PM   #52
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Stupidity?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote