Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2010, 04:53 PM   #241
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Yup you have to enter your password and your PIN (I assume both anyway, I've never used one, but that's the best way for these things to work).

If you lose it I would assume you'd have to go through a similar process as resetting your password with Blizzard or whomever and they'd send you a new one.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:19 PM   #242
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flames0910 View Post
what if you lose it!? (or spill beer on it)
Call Blizzard and have it removed.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:08 PM   #243
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
Call Blizzard and have it removed.
They make you send fax proof of identification to take those off or change them
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:09 PM   #244
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
They make you send fax proof of identification to take those off or change them

Not always. I've had mine removed without such things.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-01-2010, 10:00 AM   #245
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...rcraft/1403849

Quote:
Gillett does actually have an MBA (from San Francisco State, as it happens), but according to a report in Forbes, one expert credits Gillett's time as a guild leader in leading massively-multiplayer online game World of Warcraft for his "meteoric rise."
Freaking awesome. I 100% agree with him. I remember thinking when I was an officer in an EQ guild, dealing with egos, drama queens, lazy people, unreliable people, all the while leading 72 or more people on raids and thinking that all of this should be on my resume. It's seriously a valuable experience nobody else will have until much later in their career.

I recently re-subbed and it's fun just playing a lowbie with the new dungeon finder. Probably the best feature blizz has implemented in a long time.
Regorium is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM   #246
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Anybody get a Cataclysm beta invite? I never get closed beta invites. I think game companies hate Canadians.
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 01:42 PM   #247
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlayoffs06 View Post
Anybody get a Cataclysm beta invite? I never get closed beta invites. I think game companies hate Canadians.

Nope, but why would you apply? It's not like you're going to see a new game, just new content.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-02-2010, 03:28 PM   #248
PowerPlayoffs06
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Why not apply? It's just an opt-in thing you do from your Battle.net account. I opted-in to be considered for Starcraft, Warcraft and Diablo universe betas. I don't really care too much about Cataclysm beta, since it's not a new game or anything, just new content as you say. What I *really* want to beta is The Old Republic, but I don't feel any tremors in the Force to indicate that will ever happen. =P
PowerPlayoffs06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 03:51 PM   #249
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

I've been in all the beta's from the start of the game, I think this time around I'd be happy to not have it.

But if they send me one I'm sure I'll check it out lol.
Old 07-02-2010, 08:45 PM   #250
Sly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

God I hate this game. I have been playing WoW for around 3-4 years on and off, been sober for 5 months from this game.... however, I feel I might relapse again, for the tforth time. Something about this game that makes me want go back again and again and again and again.
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2010, 03:14 PM   #251
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Cliche is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cliche For This Useful Post:
Old 07-04-2010, 02:23 AM   #252
Kjesse
Retired

Exp:

http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/Good_New.../14211821.html

Poorly written. Reminds me of an Eric Francis article.
Kjesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:03 PM   #253
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:
Exclamation

"feign" death, not "fake" death. ****ing scrub kid.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 07-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #254
Jbo
NOT a cool kid

Exp:

Had old guild members contact me to come back, but I have been out of this game for 6 months now...and with SC2 coming out end of the month...

Guess I'm wondering how players feel about the game and xpac coming out...I was always a raider and feel the experience was really ruined with ToC and was gone before ICC
Jbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:10 PM   #255
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think Wrath was the worst thing to happen to WOW.

I remember how out of whack PVP was at the start, damage scale just way to high, then they try to nerf it.. it has just seemed like a huge mess and very un organized, the whole thing. The gear teradmill seemed to move even faster than they could allow. It is almost like they need two levels of gear progression; casual gamer set (where I can PVP without having to grind out a full suit every 6 months) and super virgin set where every three months new armor comes out..

I plan to level a new toon in Cataclysm to check out the new story arc, that should be pretty neat. I am wondering how this whole rated BG thing will work out as well.

Leaning towards an ele shaman right now. They are supposed to be getting better survivability in Cataclysm.
Old 07-04-2010, 07:56 PM   #256
Sly
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I think Wrath was the worst thing to happen to WOW.

I remember how out of whack PVP was at the start, damage scale just way to high, then they try to nerf it.. it has just seemed like a huge mess and very un organized, the whole thing. The gear teradmill seemed to move even faster than they could allow. It is almost like they need two levels of gear progression; casual gamer set (where I can PVP without having to grind out a full suit every 6 months) and super virgin set where every three months new armor comes out..

I plan to level a new toon in Cataclysm to check out the new story arc, that should be pretty neat. I am wondering how this whole rated BG thing will work out as well.

Leaning towards an ele shaman right now. They are supposed to be getting better survivability in Cataclysm.
OMG!! Rated BGs??!?!?! MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!! BG's were the most fun when playing with friends... except that you got crappy rewards. Does this mean if you BG enough you can get arena gear?
Sly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 02:12 PM   #257
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
OMG!! Rated BGs??!?!?! MY DREAM HAS COME TRUE!!!! BG's were the most fun when playing with friends... except that you got crappy rewards. Does this mean if you BG enough you can get arena gear?

Ya, you will be able to get all of the gear without having to Arena, and if I understand it correctly you can get all of the gear without having to BG?

I might be wrong about that second part... but I know for sure rated BGs are a big part of Cataclysm that many people (myself included) are looking forward to.

I really enjoy Arena, I just hate having to cordinate with 1-4 strangers about specific times to be on. People are so flakey in WOW.
Sly
Old 07-05-2010, 02:36 PM   #258
llama64
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

I really enjoy Arena, I just hate having to cordinate with 1-4 strangers about specific times to be on. People are so flakey in WOW.
Main reason I never bothered with Arena (aside from twitchyness of the experience in general).

Hopefully rated BG's mean there will be some leveling of the playing field. I'm terrible at PVP so I almost never bother with it. No matter what class I play with, I'm killed within 5 seconds by an enemy.

Heck, even in WG playing as horde (we tend to have 8-10 stacks of tenacity) I get CC'd into oblivion and destroyed within 5 seconds by 50 alliance. I can use a trinket to pop out of one, but it's ultimately futile. Not the best game design...
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:24 PM   #259
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Quote:
Ya, you will be able to get all of the gear without having to Arena, and if I understand it correctly you can get all of the gear without having to BG?

I might be wrong about that second part... but I know for sure rated BGs are a big part of Cataclysm that many people (myself included) are looking forward to.
You will still need to run BGs to get PvP "points" to buy gear, the only difference is that you can do rated BGs instead of Arena.

Also, they mentioned something about continent wide BGs, so you're not limited to your own Battlegroup for BGs. I know for some people, this is a nice change since some Battlegroups are terribly imbalanced in terms of skill levels between Horde and Alliance.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:42 PM   #260
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sly View Post
God I hate this game. I have been playing WoW for around 3-4 years on and off, been sober for 5 months from this game.... however, I feel I might relapse again, for the tforth time. Something about this game that makes me want go back again and again and again and again.
lol, I think you look at it the wrong way. Think of it as dedicating time to a 'new game' every so often.

My buddy plays 24x7x365, but I just can't handle it that much. I end up re-subbing once or twice a year for a month or two at a time. it usually takes me about 30-45 days to exhaust the "New Stuff" and become bored. Although I haven't played in months, I am fully expecting to spend a couple months playing this winter, once Cataclysm is released.

That said, the new Dungeon Finder was pretty solid and *easily* the best change Blizzard has introduced in ages.
WilsonFourTwo is offline   Reply With Quote