Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 PM   #201
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I believe EJ lists that for JC/BS are the 2 professions to get if you want to maximize your stats. Eng is at the bottom of every list, but there are a bunch of neat toys.

And they definitely upped the number of Titanium nodes - I got more last night than I have in the last week.

I was talking crafting professions from a gold stand point, stats wise EJ is probably right.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:51 PM   #202
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

With the latest patch (3.2.2) released yesterday they added the new Onyxia 10 and 25 raids with updated loot tables. The servers were pretty messed up last night but it is a really easy encounter. I didn't have a chance to do the level 60 version until I was level 70, but this new level 80 version is quite similar from what I hear. I believe in the 25-man she had about 22 million hp.

We got a tank ring, a warlock T2 skin helm, and some gloves I think (all 3 were ilvl 245 items), as well as a 22-slot bag, a bag of gems (was actually a bag of gem, only 1 King's Amber in it) and Onyxia's head with new quest items. Also she drops 3 Emblem of Triumph in 25-man.

Last edited by Komskies; 09-23-2009 at 01:55 PM.
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:53 PM   #203
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

sweet, I will have to give that a try.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:47 PM   #204
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting.

And yeah, the server was brutal last night.

101 more beerfest tokens and the World event meta achievement (and 310 mount) is mine.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:50 PM   #205
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

348 more for me, heh. Gonna be tight getting them all.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:56 PM   #206
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post

Well, I'm assuming the 2 hour buyback on the beerfest garb, similar to the summer festival. Otherwise it is 301.
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 09-23-2009, 03:15 PM   #207
maverickstruth
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resolute 14 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead
Well, I'm assuming the 2 hour buyback on the beerfest garb, similar to the summer festival. Otherwise it is 301.
Yep, you get a 2 hour buy-back so you don't need to worry about having quite so many tokens. Also remember that you can do the keg delivery once every 18 hours even though it does not show up as a repeatable/daily quest. Just talk to the dude and he'll send you on your merry way.

As for Ony, not only does she drop 3 Triumph on 25, but 3 Triumph on 10-man too. She's probably on par with Korolan in terms of difficulty, if only because she hits the tanks pretty good. The biggest pain is that the headpieces that drop are class-specific (like the VoA ones, and like the classic ones). We had the warlock and hunter helms drop last night, but no 'lock or hunter in the raid. They are, however, disenchantable.
maverickstruth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:21 PM   #208
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Good stuff. It is a waste that the Brewfest stuff can't be DE'ed. But it is such an easy fight maybe they didn't want to turn it into a mat farm.

And I haven't noticed if there is a limit on the repeatable run. I know a few places said 18 tokens, other said 24. I know I got 24 last night but it should be pretty easy to do a couple more unless there is no purpose.
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 09-23-2009, 09:51 PM   #209
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:
Icon47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
Good stuff. It is a waste that the Brewfest stuff can't be DE'ed. But it is such an easy fight maybe they didn't want to turn it into a mat farm.

Yeah, that'd suck if they made a regular leveled instance or fight that dropped epics like candy.

Oh wait.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 09-24-2009, 04:20 PM   #210
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I stand corrected, you can purchase the T1 (1850 rating) S7 PvP weapon with the 2's rating. So that guy could buy himself that weap, well done.
Old 09-25-2009, 09:59 AM   #211
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got the Violet Proto-Drake last night. Whew, glad that is over.

And Resolute, you can get 60+ tokens a day. 25 from the 2 dailies and the Ram Racing I got 36 last night. So you should be able to make that number of tokens in the remaining time.
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Old 12-23-2009, 09:08 AM   #212
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

What does everyone think of 3.3?

I like the new dungeon que system. Makes leveling a little less painful as well, being able to quest for 30mins, do an instance, repeat.

I have done ICC 10man once and it isn't bad. We only have one wing open on our server, not sure what the progress is like elsewhere, or if other wings are in later patches. Haven't done much reading.
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:12 AM   #213
Pastiche
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Can you fight Arthas yet?
Pastiche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 09:43 AM   #214
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

There are only 4 bosses available right now. The entire raid won't be available for like... 3 more months or something.
Old 12-30-2009, 07:23 PM   #215
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
There are only 4 bosses available right now. The entire raid won't be available for like... 3 more months or something.

In all likelyhood it will be even longer than that. Sunwellgating plus Trial of the Crusadergating is awesome.

I am interested to see how much fail the next wing brings. First boss of the wing requires 14 - 16 dps doing 7k dps, and that's if you have the tanks doing 3k. Last boss of the wing only allows 5 attempts each week. If you're not on a server with a deep skill pool, you're only going to see four or five guilds progressing at the average pace because of the attempt limits.

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Old 01-04-2010, 02:23 PM   #216
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

The next wing opens up tomorrow with 3 new bosses:

Plagueworks Wing
- Rotface
- Festergut
- Professor Putricide (has a similar voice and mannerisms (great news everybody!) as Professor Farnsworth from Futurama)
Old 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM   #217
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaster86 View Post
In all likelyhood it will be even longer than that. Sunwellgating plus Trial of the Crusadergating is awesome.

I am interested to see how much fail the next wing brings. First boss of the wing requires 14 - 16 dps doing 7k dps, and that's if you have the tanks doing 3k. Last boss of the wing only allows 5 attempts each week. If you're not on a server with a deep skill pool, you're only going to see four or five guilds progressing at the average pace because of the attempt limits.

That has been changed to 10 attempts per week
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:03 PM   #218
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

So glad I quit WOW. What a time-black-hole raiding was. pres 1through 4, use 10 min CD. Repeat. For 6 hours, 4 times a week.

Apparently, there is sunshine and fresh air outside.
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #219
Ren
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IliketoPuck View Post
So glad I quit WOW. What a time-black-hole raiding was. pres 1through 4, use 10 min CD. Repeat. For 6 hours, 4 times a week.

Apparently, there is sunshine and fresh air outside.
I quit WoW quite a while ago as well, but I certainly don't judge those who do enjoy raiding and other endgame content. Some people have the time for it and enjoy it so live and let live, I say. Lots of people think following pro sports is a waste of time as well.

With that said, I did find the game to be a real time monster and was never really comfortable with the whole raiding thing. To me it just seemed too much like a job... Except I wasn't getting paid for it save for a few pieces of game code with a shiny purple name attached. But hey, the game is still making truckloads of money every day so they must be doing something right.
Ren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #220
IliketoPuck
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm not judging anyone for playing WoW, I think it is a great game, and a very succesful franchise. My main gripe with it was that it seemed to be redundant.

Every 4-5 months, just as you got all the gear you could in arena/raiding, they come out with new content and a new tier of gear and the grind starts all over again. It was honestly a never ending circle. And the nature of the game is that you can't just pick it up and play a couple of matchmaking games, then go to bed.

You have to be able to sit down and clean your schedule for a good 4-5 hours if you want to get raiding/arena done. Even then, getting your gear is not gauranteed due to different loot methods, and the fact that you could spend 4 hours getting to the boss that drops your piece of gear, it doesn't drop, and now you have to come back next week for the same thing, then it drops next week and the guy who is infinitely worse than you at WoW wins the roll and continues doing 2 k dps. Fun.

I just couldn't rationalize paying money anymore for something that took up so much of my time. A gym membership where the only benefit was shiny purple lootz and the drawback was a PO'd fiance and less sexy time. Thats just my personal experience with wow
IliketoPuck is offline   Reply With Quote