Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Miscellaneous > Help/Suggestions
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2014, 07:38 PM   #61
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

I don't know what it is, but the lamest humor on CP seems to be the most repeated. Why is that?

There's actually some really funny posters here, guys like MrMastadonFarm, CrazyBaconLegs, fotze etc, that all have pretty funny posts in a wide variety of threads. and you would think everyone would be trying to replicate their humor (I know a lot of my posts end up sounding like MMF when someone says something stupid/pisses me off).

But for some reason it's "You can get to downtown from Airdire in 15 minutes!" and "They signed him for his truculence! hahahahaha" that end up getting repeated by the masses, and as a comedy lover, it's just kills me to read.

The remedial humor level of certain posters, (I won't name names) is just baffling. I always try to picture what these guys are like in real life. Then last week at work some guy talked about how the Flames need more truculence! and laughed out loud after he said it.

He also is very self-unaware about his humor and is constantly making Rob Ford jokes and has Charlie Sheen's voice saying "winning!" as his phone's ringtone. It was then that I realized CP probably just has a bunch of self -unaware, nerdy type posters who genuinely think it's funny to type and read hundreds of truculence jokes.

Remedial comedy sucks, but we're stuck with lots of it here. Oh well.

Last edited by jayswin; 07-11-2014 at 07:50 PM.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 08:58 PM   #62
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I don't think it's just a CP thing. There's a reason why shows like Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory are such massive hits even though the latter just boils to one joke being "Hey look, nerds! Get it?!"
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rubecube For This Useful Post:
Old 07-11-2014, 11:05 PM   #63
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I think a lot of it is thanks-whoring. It would be interesting to see how the tone would change around here with no "thanks". I probably wouldn't like it, but it'd be a neat test.

There's always one guy who wants to be the first to make a joke in a thread. The problem is that it's a joke that nine other people made last week and it's not funny anymore.

Of course, I do it too sometimes and I like thanks, so please thank this post. Thanks.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 07-12-2014, 01:05 AM   #64
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was worse before the "thanks" feature because you had a bunch of people who'd quote the same post and then say "LOL" or "HAHA" underneath. Really cluttered up threads.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2014, 11:40 AM   #65
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Is this the point where I quote your post and say "HAHA"?
The Following User Says Thank You to sun For This Useful Post:
Old 07-14-2014, 08:08 AM   #66
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
It was worse before the "thanks" feature because you had a bunch of people who'd quote the same post and then say "LOL" or "HAHA" underneath. Really cluttered up threads.
That's merely been replaced with posts like: ^^^This. 1000 X this.

We get it, you liked their post.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 12:15 PM   #67
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post
I don't know what it is, but the lamest humor on CP seems to be the most repeated. Why is that?

There's actually some really funny posters here, guys like MrMastadonFarm, CrazyBaconLegs, fotze etc, that all have pretty funny posts in a wide variety of threads. and you would think everyone would be trying to replicate their humor (I know a lot of my posts end up sounding like MMF when someone says something stupid/pisses me off).

But for some reason it's "You can get to downtown from Airdire in 15 minutes!" and "They signed him for his truculence! hahahahaha" that end up getting repeated by the masses, and as a comedy lover, it's just kills me to read.

The remedial humor level of certain posters, (I won't name names) is just baffling. I always try to picture what these guys are like in real life. Then last week at work some guy talked about how the Flames need more truculence! and laughed out loud after he said it.

He also is very self-unaware about his humor and is constantly making Rob Ford jokes and has Charlie Sheen's voice saying "winning!" as his phone's ringtone. It was then that I realized CP probably just has a bunch of self -unaware, nerdy type posters who genuinely think it's funny to type and read hundreds of truculence jokes.

The worst for me is "there's a joke in there somewhere"!!!

Well? What's the joke? If there's one in there, it can't be that hard to find and share with the rest of us. Unless all you're really doing is sharing the fact that you're really not that clever.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calf For This Useful Post:
V
Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM   #68
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flameswin View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I don't think it's just a CP thing. There's a reason why shows like Two and a Half Men and The Big Bang Theory are such massive hits even though the latter just boils to one joke being "Hey look, nerds! Get it?!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cleveland Steam Whistle View Post
I heard the store has lawn mowers.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2014, 10:40 AM   #69
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

T-word funny guys - look in horror at the company you keep:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Where ru Chris O'Sullivan View Post
It's a new age.

Everyone is a pro scout (because they watch upwards of 80 games yearly).
Advanced Stats are all that matters now (not potting 30 goals is no problem as long as they end in the offensive zone 65% of the time...)

GlenX is a sniper with good instincts around the net, he misses on more goals than most get chances at (I'm sure that is frowned on by the Advanced Stats regime). He's also an Alberta Farm Boy and although this is not important to the "new" flames fan base that is from the Maritimes and Sask. It's important to some.

He should be renewed, he's already taken a big discount as a home boy.

Trucelent = Yes!
That's gotta give some people pause. You are as cool and funny as this guy. Hard to imagine, but he loses even more points for "GlenX".
Old 07-19-2014, 02:46 AM   #70
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Truculence!
Old 08-03-2014, 12:52 PM   #71
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Haven't been able to keep the thread up to date these days, but all you t-word funny guys have the same sense of humour as this valuable poster:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERLAST View Post
Never ever since It was done have I ever seen a jersey shredded with such truculence.