Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2016, 12:54 PM   #21
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
^^^

LOL, you guys have never been to music festivals before. Any major one looks like that at the end. They have budgets to clean up.

Basically, what happens is the garbage cans become overloaded day 1. Getting out of the festival is a gong show.

I always do my best to clean up, but obviously not everyone does.

I've spoken to the grounds staff about it. Apparently the amount of bottles is so large that the cleanup jobs are actually heavily sought after. They'll get a pretty measly wage, but collect hundreds to thousands of dollars in bottles.
Oh I know, but its still fun to make fun of them.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2016, 01:30 PM   #22
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like that they left chairs and tents behind. Like cans and whatnot, I can understand. But you forgot your chairs and tents?
Old 04-19-2016, 02:08 PM   #23
Ben_in_Canada
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tour a brewery with tastings?
http://whistlerbeer.com/brewery/book-a-tour/
Ben_in_Canada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ben_in_Canada For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2016, 03:13 PM   #24
TomLeeMC
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben_in_Canada View Post
Tour a brewery with tastings?
http://whistlerbeer.com/brewery/book-a-tour/
We will definitely be hitting up the Brewery!!!
Old 04-19-2016, 03:15 PM   #25
DownhillGoat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattyC View Post
I like that they left chairs and tents behind. Like cans and whatnot, I can understand. But you forgot your chairs and tents?
A lot of people just buy cheap gear to leave. Especially if they're flying out to it.
DownhillGoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 03:24 PM   #26
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomLeeMC View Post
We will definitely be hitting up the Brewery!!!
I know Kelowna/Penticton has a limousine service that drives you around from winery to winery on a wine tasting tour. But it doesn't look like Whistler has something similar. Vancouver does have a limo brewery tour though if the timing works out just before you go to Whistler or on the day you go back. Might be worth looking into.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DoubleF For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2016, 03:51 PM   #27
TomLeeMC
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
I know Kelowna/Penticton has a limousine service that drives you around from winery to winery on a wine tasting tour. But it doesn't look like Whistler has something similar. Vancouver does have a limo brewery tour though if the timing works out just before you go to Whistler or on the day you go back. Might be worth looking into.
We booked a limo for our transportation from Van to Whistler, so I will suggest we stop at a few breweries before we leave town or on our way back.

Thanks again for the suggestions everyone and keep em coming!
Old 04-19-2016, 04:06 PM   #28
Redliner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go to the bike park. It's mountain bike Disneyland. Just make sure the groom wears armor and takes it relatively easy though, because it's easy to get messed up on some of those trails. I've had more close calls on A-Line than I care to admit.

The typical Whistler bars are Longhorn and the GLC. Both are right at the base of the lifts and you can spend hours just hanging out on the patio watching people fly off the jumps at the bottom of the bike park. I've seen some gnarly wrecks.

Go to Alta lake. Best "scenery" in Whistler.

Go zip lining. The ones in the ski hill are pretty fun but there's one just outside of Whistler called Superfly that looks amazing....the line goes between two mountains and is over a mile long.

If you're looking for something a little slower-paced, ride the peak to peak gondola. Make sure you get one of the ones with a glass bottom.
"There will be a short outage tonight sometime between 11:00PM and 1:00AM as network upgrades are performed. Please do not panic and overthrow society. Thank you."
Redliner is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Redliner For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2016, 04:58 PM   #29
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

I'd try and catch an early evening at Longhorn's. Can get pretty fun when it's full.

As far as nightclubs go, there are a few options in the village itself. It's pretty hit and miss which ones will be busy. I suggest going around early and getting stamps for all before cover kicks in. Then going to the one that actually fills up.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2016, 05:03 PM   #30
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kunkstyle View Post
A lot of people just buy cheap gear to leave. Especially if they're flying out to it.
That and a lot of gear is in pretty bad shape by the end. Tents get left out in the day and blown over in the wind or stomped on. The kind of camping chairs in the picture can be bought for about $10 each and aren't made to last.

During the events, the area is pretty packed with cars. The wing blows a lot of that garbage underneath the cars too. While the effort to clean up around the cars is average at best. The effort to clean up underneath cars is abysmal.

That kind of a mess should be expected at any major event with people. I used to work at the Stampede, and things were just as disastrous once they started removing the rides. I also worked at the Warped Tour in Calgary and it was the same deal.

Basically, all people are gross. You put enough of them in an area and you should expect a lot of filth.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
babes , booze , buds , party , whistler