Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #21
mile
First Line Centre
 
mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Kevin's dad really was called "The Cheese." He's in prison for dealing cocaine.

http://archive.boston.com/news/local...ade_in_prison/

I liked how he immediately started taking off his clothes to cover up taking the 25K. Being a stay-at-home dad has to be a cover for being a secret mafia boss. He's an interesting one.

Sucks that someone had to go the first night but Cameron had his chances. Didn't have the social game to convince Paul or the house to save him. Didn't save himself in the competition either.

I thought Christmas made a mistake by choosing to vote too, but glad she's still in it.
__________________

mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #22
InCoGnEtO
First Line Centre
 
InCoGnEtO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Calgary - Transplanted Manitoban
Exp:
Default

Oh, Hey there Jessica.....
InCoGnEtO is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InCoGnEtO For This Useful Post:
Old 06-29-2017, 04:08 PM   #23
GoinAllTheWay
#1 Goaltender
 
GoinAllTheWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not sure
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mile View Post
Being a stay-at-home dad has to be a cover for being a secret mafia boss. He's an interesting one.
Yep. Dood has seen more than a few people die I'm sure.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 04:10 PM   #24
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Not sure why everyone thought Cameron was the bigger threat.
Oh I completely understand why, look at him... he's totally the Ian Terry/Steve Moses archetype. Those guys won the game.
__________________
Bet Terms fullfilled, let it never be said that I'm a welcher.
Parallex is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 05:23 PM   #25
Barnes
Franchise Player
 
Barnes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Violating Copyrights
Exp:
Default

Paul most likely wins. He’s leading the jokers poll with 27% so he will run away with the CBS voting. The question is does he take it? Should he take it?

Without having feeds and them being in the house for at least a week, it’s difficult to know what’s actually going on in the house and blindly giving this kind of power to someone who could possibly Neda it up may be a lot.
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:38 PM   #26
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Entertaining cast.

Cody is a stone cold #######, Paul is...well, Paul, Josh is insane and emotional, Jessica seems like a manipulative user, Kevin's got some game for the old guy.

Glad they got rid of the wallflower Cam right away. I don't often cheer for the people who play the quiet game or the super fan game.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 08:45 PM   #27
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnes View Post
Paul most likely wins. Heís leading the jokers poll with 27% so he will run away with the CBS voting. The question is does he take it? Should he take it?

Without having feeds and them being in the house for at least a week, itís difficult to know whatís actually going on in the house and blindly giving this kind of power to someone who could possibly Neda it up may be a lot.
Probably good Paul gets it. I feel like he'd have been a target otherwise. But there's consequences. I imagine it means he won't be HOH eligible or something for an equal amount of time.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 11:37 PM   #28
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player
 
VANFLAMESFAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: North Vancouver, BC
Exp:
Default

Cody is stone cold. Love it. "Megan, I've nominated you.....I just don't like you."
__________________


Special thanks to Dion for making my new sig.
VANFLAMESFAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:02 AM   #29
Kybosh
#1 Goaltender
 
Kybosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: An all-inclusive.
Exp:
Default

Christmas. Wow.
Kybosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:09 AM   #30
Calgary14
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

Christmas - wow. Jessica - wow.

Josh - either Megan really did say/do something they didn't show.....or he is an emotional wreck. Strategy for the first couple weeks is just to get along with everyone and blend in, and he's done neither.

Cody has an interesting strategy. He also seems to have no humour whatsoever. I get he doesn't like Paul but you could at least be polite about it.
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2017, 11:33 AM   #31
GoinAllTheWay
#1 Goaltender
 
GoinAllTheWay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Not sure
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary14 View Post
Josh - either Megan really did say/do something they didn't show.....or he is an emotional wreck. Strategy for the first couple weeks is just to get along with everyone and blend in, and he's done neither.
He's a wreck. That's unreal. Just a few hours in and he's having a good cry about missing his family. Decent of him to attempt an apology after but dude is really blowing up his "game"fast.

Also forgot to mention, REALLY impressed with the guy that broke his finger in the comp and soldiered through the pain. That could not have felt good. Sucks to have an injury like that so early. Better than an ankle injury I suppose.
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 08:44 PM   #32
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop
 
Cecil Terwilliger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Springfield Penitentiary
Exp:
Default

Megan ditching the game was rather unexpected.

Kevin is awesome. I still think Cody is a sociopath.

This Den thing isn't quite the most obvious example of producers meddling but it is close. All we can hope for now is that the players who win it are not part of the big groupthink alliance. That'll keep things interesting. If Cody and his minions win, things could get a bit boring.

It's hilarious how fast like 3 or 4 showmances began to form.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2017, 09:08 PM   #33
mile
First Line Centre
 
mile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I still think Cody is a sociopath.
He's awful.
NSFW!
__________________

mile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 08:01 PM   #34
Calgary14
Scoring Winger
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Exp:
Default

Cody's on a bit of a power trip right now, will be nice when he isn't HOH and hopefully someone puts him on the block
Calgary14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:43 PM   #35
Makarov
First Line Centre
 
Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Moscow
Exp:
Default

Thus far, nearly everyone in the house is absurdly unlikeable especially Cody and Jessica). A number of people were present when Jessica referred to Ales as "Pao Pao". It would therefore have been immediately clear where Megan's "Panda" misunderstanding came from. She simply misheard. No one (least of all Cody or Jessica) volunteered that information while most of the house was piling on Megan. Pretty ####ty.
__________________
"Life of Russian hockey veterans is very hard," said Soviet hockey star Sergei Makarov. "Most of them don't have enough to eat these days. These old players are Russian legends."
Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 01:55 PM   #36
Weitz
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Thus far, nearly everyone in the house is absurdly unlikeable especially Cody and Jessica). A number of people were present when Jessica referred to Ales as "Pao Pao". It would therefore have been immediately clear where Megan's "Panda" misunderstanding came from. She simply misheard. No one (least of all Cody or Jessica) volunteered that information while most of the house was piling on Megan. Pretty ####ty.
Unfortunately thats the way it goes. Big Brother has become a latch on with the big group and ride on as far as you can, maybe win an HOH to keep safe for the week.

There is never any surprises anymore. Which is why there is so much outside involvement this year. It's getting stale.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:15 PM   #37
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makarov View Post
Thus far, nearly everyone in the house is absurdly unlikeable especially Cody and Jessica). A number of people were present when Jessica referred to Ales as "Pao Pao". It would therefore have been immediately clear where Megan's "Panda" misunderstanding came from. She simply misheard. No one (least of all Cody or Jessica) volunteered that information while most of the house was piling on Megan. Pretty ####ty.
They clearly showed that Paul understood, or at least they fed him lines to narrate the incident, but I don't know if you can just assume that everyone would have been able to draw the same conclusion. Even Jessica didn't defend herself by saying it was misunderstanding with Pao Pao.

We had the luxury of hearing the conversations back-to-back, but it could have been a full day between the Pao Pao conversation and the blow up. At that time most people would not instantly recognize the misunderstanding, they may have forgot she called her Pao Pao at all, I mean it would have been a footnote in hours and hours of conversation they could have had. So not instantly recognizing the misunderstanding is perfectly reasonable. All they are thinking is whether Jessica called Alex a panda, and knowing she didn't.

I don't like Jessica, and I liked Megan, but that was on Megan and Megan alone. If you're going to call someone a racist, potentially ruining their career as we've seen before on this show, you better be damn sure. That goes far beyond the game at this point. If she wanted to, she could have asked for clarity or defended Alex at the time of the incident instead of trying to be sneaky and slimy about it. That way it would have been cleared up before any of this had happened.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:21 PM   #38
Weitz
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
They clearly showed that Paul understood, or at least they fed him lines to narrate the incident, but I don't know if you can just assume that everyone would have been able to draw the same conclusion. Even Jessica didn't defend herself by saying it was misunderstanding with Pao Pao.

We had the luxury of hearing the conversations back-to-back, but it could have been a full day between the Pao Pao conversation and the blow up. At that time most people would not instantly recognize the misunderstanding, they may have forgot she called her Pao Pao at all, I mean it would have been a footnote in hours and hours of conversation they could have had. So not instantly recognizing the misunderstanding is perfectly reasonable. All they are thinking is whether Jessica called Alex a panda, and knowing she didn't.

I don't like Jessica, and I liked Megan, but that was on Megan and Megan alone. If you're going to call someone a racist, potentially ruining their career as we've seen before on this show, you better be damn sure. That goes far beyond the game at this point. If she wanted to, she could have asked for clarity or defended Alex at the time of the incident instead of trying to be sneaky and slimy about it. That way it would have been cleared up before any of this had happened.
Interestingly enough "pao pao" called the comments by Jessica racist and she shouldn't be referring to Alex by that name.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:38 PM   #39
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
Interestingly enough "pao pao" called the comments by Jessica racist and she shouldn't be referring to Alex by that name.
Paolo has said they are calling Alex "Pao Pao" just because they are both of Asian descent, but that's not true. If that was the case, they would also be calling her Jun or Helen. They are calling her "Pao Pao" because she's pretty much Paolo 2.0 in both looks, and more importantly, personality. People have been compared to past Big Brother players all the time like this, taking issues this time because they are not white is racist itself. I mean the first guy out was voted out because they saw him as the next Ian or Steve...

I do think it's a bit malicious in how Jessica has been calling her Pao Pao, because she seems to be a catty person who doesn't like Alex because Cody does, and clearly intending to mock her by calling her a copycat or wannabe. But I think saying it's racist is a stretch.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 02:45 PM   #40
Makarov
First Line Centre
 
Makarov's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Moscow
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Paolo has said they are calling Alex "Pao Pao" just because they are both of Asian descent, but that's not true. If that was the case, they would also be calling her Jun or Helen. They are calling her "Pao Pao" because she's pretty much Paolo 2.0 in both looks, and more importantly, personality. People have been compared to past Big Brother players all the time like this, taking issues this time because they are not white is racist itself. I mean the first guy out was voted out because they saw him as the next Ian or Steve...

I do think it's a bit malicious in how Jessica has been calling her Pao Pao, because she seems to be a catty person who doesn't like Alex because Cody does, and clearly intending to mock her by calling her a copycat or wannabe. But I think saying it's racist is a stretch.
I agree with both this and your comments regarding Megan (if you're going to suggest that someone has made racist remarks on national television, you ought to be pretty damn sure you heard what you think you heard.) Kne thing that I wondered (while watching the episode) was whether Jessica and others were reluctant to point out the Pao Pao/Panda misunderstanding because they were worried that Pao Pao might also not be well-received. Seems at least plausible.
__________________
"Life of Russian hockey veterans is very hard," said Soviet hockey star Sergei Makarov. "Most of them don't have enough to eat these days. These old players are Russian legends."
Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:33 PM.

Calgary Flames
2016-17




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2016