Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 10:15 AM   #541
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Kassian legitimately looks like a murderer. And he's had other murderous looks too, not just his current "The Wolverine".

The Cold Blooded
NSFW!

Psycho Killer
Spoiler!

The Jilted Lover
NSFW!

The Hobo
NSFW!

The 90s
NSFW!

The PTSD
NSFW!

And a personal favourite... Robyn Regher's Slow Cousin
NSFW!
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2017, 10:18 AM   #542
Gaskal
Franchise Player

Exp:

Not sure what he's trying to pull off with the sideburns - Irish boxer? Jack the Ripper?

NSFW!
Old 04-17-2017, 10:37 AM   #543
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Was at the game last night in the lower bowl and there were a lot of Oiler fans. Chants of "Let's go Oilers" were getting to be louder than the Sharks chants. Great game to be at. A pretty defensive minded game with not many powerplays at all (2 to 1).

That Talbot trade was an absolute steal. Can't wait till game 4. It's fun to watch this after the decade (minus a year or two), where there was no chance at playoffs. Kassian has been great all series.
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 04:20 AM   #544
Tsawwassen
Franchise Player

Exp:

1at 0 in regulation

Edmonton leads the series 2-1.
http://scores.nbcsports.com/nhl/recap.asp?g=2017041606&home=6&vis=18&final=true
http://sportsstats.cbc.ca/hockey/nhl-boxscores.aspx?page=/data/NHL/results/2016-2017/recap113725.html
http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/sharks-oilers-game-three-1.4072504

Last edited by Tsawwassen; 04-21-2017 at 04:59 AM.
Tsawwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tsawwassen For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 12:16 PM   #545
GordonBlue
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post

That Talbot trade was an absolute steal. Can't wait till game 4. It's fun to watch this after the decade (minus a year or two), where there was no chance at playoffs. Kassian has been great all series.
at the time you couldn't call it a steal.
you didn't know if Kassian could get the help he needed, stay on the wagon and keep getting help, and what kind of player he would be when sober.
I'd call it a calculated risk that seems to have paid off.

I still think he's completely nuts and one day he's going to snap.
craziest eyes I've seen on a hockey player outside the movie slapshot.
GordonBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 12:20 PM   #546
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sharks need to bounce back. The way the Oilers and Ducks are playing I can't see Anaheim stopping Edmonton if they meet in the next round
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:16 PM   #547
Five-hole
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
Sharks need to bounce back. The way the Oilers and Ducks are playing I can't see Anaheim stopping Edmonton if they meet in the next round
Not sure any of the playoff teams remaining are playing better hockey than the Oilers right now. Maybe the Preds. If the Oilers knock off the Sharks their chances to reach the final are not negligible. Our best hope might be the East, which is a scary thought.
Five-hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:20 PM   #548
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Five-hole View Post
Not sure any of the playoff teams remaining are playing better hockey than the Oilers right now. Maybe the Preds. If the Oilers knock off the Sharks their chances to reach the final are not negligible. Our best hope might be the East, which is a scary thought.
that is pretty tough to judge...the Sharks were pretty terrible down the stretch and its not like the Oilers are all over them

pretty terrible give away/goal was the difference last game
Old 04-18-2017, 01:23 PM   #549
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The stars definitely seem to be aligning for the Oilers to make a deeper than expected run, as much as I hate to admit it. Sharks don't seem to have much left in the tank right now, even with the addition of Thornton. Their atrocious PP could very possibly cost them the series.

If Edmonton does get out of round 1 and ends up facing the Ducks, I think they'd probably be able to push them to 6 or 7 games as long as Talbot stands on his head, but in the end I think the Ducks would still win that series. Oilers are playing well right now, I'll give them that. but the Ducks are just way too deep and experienced, and it appears that the hockey gods really want them to win this year with all the fortunate bounces and calls that have gone their way.

I think the west is ultimately gonna come down to the Blues and Ducks (hopefully). If the Oilers somehow end up in the western final, it would just be so unbelievably sickening and horrifying. Our worst nightmares coming to life. Ugh...gross.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:28 PM   #550
FurnaceFace
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought it was preordained, much like The Patriots winning the Superbowl, or Anaheim beating us, The Grease are at least conference finalists this year.

Hockey is just a game the way ice cream is just glucose, love is just
a feeling, and sex is just repetitive motion.

___________________________________- A Theory of Ice
FurnaceFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:35 PM   #551
FlamesFan?101
Lifetime Suspension

The Oilers are built to go far. They've been winning games while McDavid is yet to score any ES points.

Before anyone calls me a troll or an undercover Oilers fan, take a step back and look at things objectively for once.
FlamesFan?101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 01:56 PM   #552
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesFan?101 View Post
The Oilers are built to go far. They've been winning games while McDavid is yet to score any ES points.

Before anyone calls me a troll or an undercover Oilers fan, take a step back and look at things objectively for once.
Like the day couldn't get any worse...
Johnny Makarov is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Makarov For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 02:00 PM   #553
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:

They are barely beating the heavily underperforming Sharks, all thanks to Cam Talbot.

That's the objective truth. Not to say they can't improve, but if this is half of the best they can bring, and I believe it's more than that, then they are in deep trouble next round should they be lucky enough for the Sharks to roll over and die for them.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 02:04 PM   #554
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the name change.
Spoiler!

Last edited by Hockeyguy15; 04-18-2017 at 02:17 PM.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hockeyguy15 For This Useful Post:
V
Old 04-18-2017, 02:12 PM   #555
Caged Great
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think regardless of who comes out of the West, the East is going to win the cup. All of the teams in the west are not very good. Chicago was the only one that might have put up a fight and they are about to get swept.

The true Stanley Cup final will be the Eastern Conference finals. My money is on a Penguins repeat.
Fireside Chat - The #1 Flames Fan Podcast - FiresideChat.ca
Caged Great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:17 PM   #556
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caged Great View Post
I think regardless of who comes out of the West, the East is going to win the cup. All of the teams in the west are not very good. Chicago was the only one that might have put up a fight and they are about to get swept.

The true Stanley Cup final will be the Eastern Conference finals. My money is on a Penguins repeat.
I agree, the Penguins look like they're firing on all cylinders right now. They're gonna be scary.
direwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:18 PM   #557
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Given your posting history, I don't think you know what the word objectively means.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #558
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Nashville would pose the most trouble for the Oil of the remaining teams in the west. They have Edmontons number.

Anaheim has a ridiculous record dating back to the regular season but unless Fowler comes back Edmonton will beat them. Honestly Anaheim has played very poorly against the Flames but Elliott has sucked and the Honda Centre curse has Calgary against the ropes.

I do think if Calgary is able to come back and win they take the west
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Vinny01 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-18-2017, 02:22 PM   #559
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Quote:
I think Nashville would pose the most trouble for the Oil of the remaining teams in the west. They have Edmontons number.

Anaheim has a ridiculous record dating back to the regular season but unless Fowler comes back Edmonton will beat them. Honestly Anaheim has played very poorly against the Flames but Elliott has sucked and the Honda Centre curse has Calgary against the ropes.

I do think if Calgary is able to come back and win they take the west
If the Flames come back to beat Anaheim they're winning the Cup. Nothing will be able to stop this team.

As for the Oilers, I'm still waiting for Talbot to hit the wall we all thought he would.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:26 PM   #560
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
If the Flames come back to beat Anaheim they're winning the Cup. Nothing will be able to stop this team.

As for the Oilers, I'm still waiting for Talbot to hit the wall we all thought he would.
On the second part, I don't think the Sharks have really tested him a lot, even though they're spending a lot of time in the Oil end. There have been some difficult/tipped shots, but they're not getting in his face and screening/banging at rebounds. For the most part on Sharks opportunities he's just had to make the initial save. Sharks are playing offence like a team that doesn't want to get any more injured.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote