Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #101
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I know the pizza thing is off topic but I don't care, in my opinion it's a far bigger issue than gluten sensitivity. I go to an annual Nexen family event at the EPCOR centre, it's a pizza party and theatrical production. every year for whatever reason they keep reducing the amount of pepperoni ordered, even though they get completely devoured as soon as they arrive.

the most recent event was the biggest disaster of all. hundreds of pizzas ordered, maybe 15% pepperoni based at best. at the end they were left with box after box full of unwanted veggie goat cheese taco bbq chicken destined for the garbage. that really says something when a large crowd of people would rather see pizza go to waste than tolerate the poor decisions of a female organizing committee. I honestly questioned my faith and attachment to this mortal coil that night. now that CNOOC is running things, if they continue to have this event I hope they just switch to Chinese food and put an end to the suffering.

oh and the gluten thing is annoying too.
Inglewood Jack is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2014, 12:57 PM   #102
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

When I make my homemade Hawaiian pizza I create a spicy pineapple tomato sauce. The sweet and spicy dance in your mouth. It's delicious!
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:03 PM   #103
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igster View Post
Can't stand it either. It seems it's always the women folk in the office that need to have it too and then eat one piece. Why the hell would anyone want pizza with fruit on it? Pineapple? Seriously? You want kiwi and strawberries on that too along with the ham?

Because if someone wants pineapple on a pizza, they must want all the fruits?

Ham you say?
How about bologne? Head cheese? Snails?

The real culprit here isn't the Hawaiian pizza, it's the monsters that created BBQ chicken pizza. BBQ sauce on a pizza? Go die.
strombad is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to strombad For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2014, 01:10 PM   #104
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yasa View Post
I find that it's because people lie or forget about their allergies. I'll ask them, they'll say no. My partner or a nurse will ask them and they'll spout off a list of ailments and allergies and I end up looking like an idiot. Plus some drug allergies are lethal.
I understand why you ask and why it's important but people with allergies usually like to make it a point of conversation anytime you are talking about food or medication so it's odd that they would forget or lie about it when a pharmacist or doctor asks them. I'm not saying I don't believe you that this happens but I don't understand what goes through peoples minds at times that they would do this.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:12 PM   #105
Cowboy89
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglewood Jack View Post
I know the pizza thing is off topic but I don't care, in my opinion it's a far bigger issue than gluten sensitivity. I go to an annual Nexen family event at the EPCOR centre, it's a pizza party and theatrical production. every year for whatever reason they keep reducing the amount of pepperoni ordered, even though they get completely devoured as soon as they arrive.

the most recent event was the biggest disaster of all. hundreds of pizzas ordered, maybe 15% pepperoni based at best. at the end they were left with box after box full of unwanted veggie goat cheese taco bbq chicken destined for the garbage. that really says something when a large crowd of people would rather see pizza go to waste than tolerate the poor decisions of a female organizing committee. I honestly questioned my faith and attachment to this mortal coil that night. now that CNOOC is running things, if they continue to have this event I hope they just switch to Chinese food and put an end to the suffering.

oh and the gluten thing is annoying too.
Corporate events people in this town go a little overboard these days. Every event I go to seems to have been planned by people who think that they're planning the Royal Wedding and that simply delivering what people want is too low brow for their event.

It's a pizza party, order crowd pleasing pizza in enough quantities to please the crowd, and stop trying to pretend that it's supposed to be some classy, cultural, or unique experience.
Cowboy89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:33 PM   #106
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The best pizza is my homemade butter chicken pizza.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:39 PM   #107
Galakanokis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I guess I'm having pizza for dinner tonight, extra pepperoni and gluten!
Galakanokis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Galakanokis For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2014, 01:47 PM   #108
Yasa
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I understand why you ask and why it's important but people with allergies usually like to make it a point of conversation anytime you are talking about food or medication so it's odd that they would forget or lie about it when a pharmacist or doctor asks them. I'm not saying I don't believe you that this happens but I don't understand what goes through peoples minds at times that they would do this.
I wish I knew what was going on in their minds. It makes me want to shake them. All it takes is one moron to not mention a lethal allergy, then get sick and it ruins it for everyone else.
Yasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 01:58 PM   #109
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

I always wonder how many people diagnosed with Celiac or Gluten issues got the diagnosis from a real doctor and not a naturopath.

My folks had a naturopath diagnose both of them with gluten issues. They did some expensive tests and sure enough they were apparently celiac, despite having no symptoms. 2 years later after eating cardboard and ruining every family meal my mom got retested. Her gluten levels were higher after being off gluten for 2 years than before she was diagnosed. It's a crock, these naturopaths are charlatans grifting people out of a lot of money.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to burn_this_city For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2014, 02:14 PM   #110
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Epic:

northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #111
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
I always wonder how many people diagnosed with Celiac or Gluten issues got the diagnosis from a real doctor and not a naturopath.

My folks had a naturopath diagnose both of them with gluten issues. They did some expensive tests and sure enough they were apparently celiac, despite having no symptoms. 2 years later after eating cardboard and ruining every family meal my mom got retested. Her gluten levels were higher after being off gluten for 2 years than before she was diagnosed. It's a crock, these naturopaths are charlatans grifting people out of a lot of money.

If I had to choose between a naturopath and a doctor in regards to who is going to take blood and get up in me for a biopsy of my intestine, I'm going to go ahead and go the doctor route.
Old 05-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #112
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by strombad View Post
Because if someone wants pineapple on a pizza, they must want all the fruits?
No.

The point was that ANY fruit has no place on pizza IMO.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #113
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
No.

You mean aside from tomato sauce which is on every pizza?
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:05 PM   #114
Igster
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
You mean aside from tomato sauce which is on every pizza?
Shhhhh...

And really, I know it's a fruit, but it seems so far removed from the fruit family.

Pineapple is a sweet fruit. Two totally different things.
Igster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:06 PM   #115
Flacker
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
No.

nm
Flacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #116
strombad
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Shhhhh...

And really, I know it's a fruit, but it seems so far removed from the fruit family.

Pineapple is a sweet fruit. Two totally different things.

Tomato is sweet...
Old 05-23-2014, 04:13 PM   #117
FlamesFanInOilCountry
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Argh... Found a picture of a gluten free haircut sign, but won't display...

/cool story bro

Last edited by FlamesFanInOilCountry; 05-23-2014 at 04:14 PM. Reason: crap
FlamesFanInOilCountry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:03 PM   #118
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

This thread is awesome. I feel bad for you guys who are legitimate celiacs. Not only do you miss out on some great food, this fad has made a mockery of your plight.

As for pizza, why the vegetarian hate? It's got lots of good stuff on it, just lacks meat. I wouldn't not eat it. It's not gross, it's just not as delicious as the same, plus some meat.
And hating on hawaiian? That's the second best kind!
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:25 PM   #119
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Hawaiian pizza can GTFO. I'd rather eat veggie.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:45 PM   #120
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'd rather eat the box it comes in than eat hawaiian or veggie pizza.
Is there gluten in cardboard?
puffnstuff is online now   Reply With Quote