Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Donald Trump's first 100 days have been a success.
Agree 45 11.00%
Not sure 22 5.38%
Disagree 342 83.62%
Voters: 409. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 11:50 AM   #8341
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
sure, we all had a chuckle. But the front page of the NY Post? Yeah i know it's the NY but is just seems the so-called liberal media is shooting itself in the foot. Go after the real issues and get rid of this president, not this petty stuff. The picture of Trump looking at the sun should be a fun snippet on page 42.
That's not the NY Post, but if that being the front page of either of those newspapers shocks and upsets you, I would say you've literally never seen or read those papers ever.

Is this just an excuse to rant at "the liberal media" to you? Because you picked super weird papers as examples of the liberal media.
Old 08-22-2017, 11:55 AM   #8342
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
That's not the NY Post, but if that being the front page of either of those newspapers shocks and upsets you, I would say you've literally never seen or read those papers ever.

Is this just an excuse to rant at "the liberal media" to you? Because you picked super weird papers as examples of the liberal media.
everyone knows the post and the daily news are basically pravda.

lame stream media, wake up sheeple
Old 08-22-2017, 12:00 PM   #8343
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:

i'm just saying the media has a role here that could bring this president down. I think they really did a great job last week denouncing his 'on both sides' comment and his fake apology 48 hours too late. They just need to be less petty and not pick on everything. Continue the ground game of bashing his support of white nationalists, his lies on creating jobs, his unstable staff etc.... bring him down.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:43 PM   #8344
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

As Phoenix is on lockdown and prepares for the arrival of BLOTUS, Craiglist has been a trollfest.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/the_slate...bably_not.html

It is funny that both sides point fingers at each other, but only one side has been caught actually using the practice, and he arrives on Hairforce One later today.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:45 PM   #8345
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
i'm just saying the media has a role here that could bring this president down. I think they really did a great job last week denouncing his 'on both sides' comment and his fake apology 48 hours too late. They just need to be less petty and not pick on everything. Continue the ground game of bashing his support of white nationalists, his lies on creating jobs, his unstable staff etc.... bring him down.
I think they can walk and chew gum at the same time.
Old 08-22-2017, 12:55 PM   #8346
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I apologize for my "Donald Trump greatest President" post. My feeble attempt at humor mixed with sarcasm fell flat.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ToewsFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 12:58 PM   #8347
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

as usual
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 01:03 PM   #8348
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

I can't imagine Donnie will be too happy with these numbers.

Obama speaking on Afghanistan? 40 million viewers.
Donnie? 17. Must sting a little.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...-speech-241905
Old 08-22-2017, 02:04 PM   #8349
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

Quote:
I agree with this sentiment...keep hammering on topics that really stink (money laundering, Russia etc.) Don't sensationalize his Trumpisms, spelling mistakes etc. We all know he is an impulsive moron, focus on getting him OUT and putting pressure on the Republican enablers.

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 08-22-2017, 02:12 PM   #8350
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 02:13 PM   #8351
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
In what ways is it the media's job to bring him down? The media's job is to report on things that happen, that's it.

It seems a little bit fairytale to paint this as some ground battle that the Daily News is playing. Again, not all media is equal, and taking a headline from the Daily News and commenting on the media as a whole (including many more respected papers) doesn't make any sense. Didn't you just accuse the "liberal media" of being petty? Now you're telling them to strike better? Stop buying into the liberal media junk, and just let reporters report the news.

The Times, the Daily News, CNN, Al Jazeera, BuzzFeed, Salon, Breitbart, etc... all of these outlets have completely different ways of covering "the news" and interacting with their readership. Your comment is applicable to the Daily News, because they made it their cover. For most media outlets it's probably exactly as you described: a funny blip in the middle of the paper (if covered at all). So the criticism doesn't make sense.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 02:41 PM   #8352
Leeman4Gilmour
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
In what ways is it the media's job to bring him down? The media's job is to report on things that happen, that's it.

It seems a little bit fairytale to paint this as some ground battle that the Daily News is playing. Again, not all media is equal, and taking a headline from the Daily News and commenting on the media as a whole (including many more respected papers) doesn't make any sense. Didn't you just accuse the "liberal media" of being petty? Now you're telling them to strike better? Stop buying into the liberal media junk, and just let reporters report the news.

The Times, the Daily News, CNN, Al Jazeera, BuzzFeed, Salon, Breitbart, etc... all of these outlets have completely different ways of covering "the news" and interacting with their readership. Your comment is applicable to the Daily News, because they made it their cover. For most media outlets it's probably exactly as you described: a funny blip in the middle of the paper (if covered at all). So the criticism doesn't make sense.
Here's how I took GS's post and why I agree with the sentiment.

Another picture (spoilered for size);
Spoiler!

But, that one didn't get the air time. Why? Because the picture of him looking up without glasses makes him look like a moron. But, in this case, only reporting half the story (picture without glasses) feeds into Trump's "fake news" rhetoric.

Trump is a moron. We, or the media, don't need to go out of the way to prove it.

Last edited by Leeman4Gilmour; 08-22-2017 at 02:44 PM.
Old 08-22-2017, 02:42 PM   #8353
DuffMan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Could this be why Trump is going to Phoenix?

draining the swamp?

Quote:
White House officials won’t say exactly what’s on Trump’s agenda when he holds a campaign-style rally here. But it's widely expected he will go after GOP Sen. Jeff Flake, a loud critic of the president who recently published an anti-Trump manifesto, “Conscience of a Conservative.”
Quote:
The president had earlier threatened to spend as much as $10 million to take out the incumbent Republican.
Quote:
And one of Trump’s top donors, the reclusive billionaire hedge fund manager Robert Mercer, has donated $300,000 to a pro-Ward (Kelli, Flakes opponent) super PAC — with more possibly on the way.
Quote:
Trump’s fixation with Flake has been on display for months. Backstage before a campaign rally last fall, Trump raged to associates about the senator, who refused to endorse him.
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...f-flake-241878
Old 08-22-2017, 03:18 PM   #8354
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leeman4Gilmour View Post
Here's how I took GS's post and why I agree with the sentiment.

Another picture (spoilered for size)
I don't disagree in a general sense, my point is that criticising the Daily News for the exact type of product they built their following on is like criticising BuzzFeed by saying the media needs to stop producing articles about which Disney princess I am based on what food I like (Belle, a rack of ribs) and start focusing on the issues.

Not all "media" is created equal or serves an equal purpose. The Daily News is not and has never been a bastion of measured, no-nonsense reporting, regardless of who has been in office.

It's like going to a pizza place and complaining that they don't have enough kinds of hamburgers.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:07 PM   #8355
Sliver
evil of fart

Exp:

Quote:
I don't disagree in a general sense, my point is that criticising the Daily News for the exact type of product they built their following on is like criticising BuzzFeed by saying the media needs to stop producing articles about which Disney princess I am based on what food I like (Belle, a rack of ribs) and start focusing on the issues.

Not all "media" is created equal or serves an equal purpose. The Daily News is not and has never been a bastion of measured, no-nonsense reporting, regardless of who has been in office.

It's like going to a pizza place and complaining that they don't have enough kinds of hamburgers.
And the bigger problem IMO is GirlySports yet again lied in her post, forcing all of us to uncover the truth by spending time Googling around and unraveling intentional deception to discover it wasn't even the New York Post that ran the cover she claimed, which was central to her point about the "liberal media" being some sort of problem.

Quote:
sure, we all had a chuckle. But the front page of the NY Post? Yeah i know it's the NY but is just seems the so-called liberal media is shooting itself in the foot. Go after the real issues and get rid of this president, not this petty stuff. The picture of Trump looking at the sun should be a fun snippet on page 42.
Here is today's actual cover of the New York Post.

How do you even make that mistake? If we hadn't bothered fact checking your post (which we shouldn't have to do, but have grown used to it with anything you post in this thread), I would have thought NY Post ran Trump squinting at the sun on their cover. I don't go fact checking jayswin or even CHL (when I make it to the bottom of one of his posts), so why is that so many of your posts are misleading, GS, and why are you doing it? Are you just posting stuff you've read on FaceBook without factchecking it yourself, or are you the source of the lies you post here?
Old 08-22-2017, 04:09 PM   #8356
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cult members in Phoenix gettin' fired up for Trump's Hitler Youth rally tonight. Those shoes are hilarious.

Old 08-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #8357
JFK
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToewsFan View Post
I apologize for my "Donald Trump greatest President" post. My feeble attempt at humor mixed with sarcasm fell flat.
I'll post this with as much respect and politeness as possible.. can you please stop flooding the board with all of your attention seeking and borderline weird posts? It's getting to be beyond annoying at this point.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to JFK For This Useful Post:
Old 08-22-2017, 04:20 PM   #8358
driveway
A Fiddler Crab

Exp:

One of the things that comes up on Pod Save America every now and then is about how it's fun to be a Trump supporter. You get to wear the hat and those amazing shoes, you get to shout "MAGA" and "snowflake," you get to shake your head at "fake news" and find other Trump supporters and find common cause.

They point out that it was, in a similar vein though with significantly less agression, it was fun to be an Obama supporter. You got to put the 'Hope' poster on your wall and chant "Yes We Can," you got to shake your head at "Faux news."

If and when the Democrats get back into the white house they're going to do it on the back of someone who allows their supporters to have a similar kind of fun while supporting them.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:33 PM   #8359
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by direwolf View Post

Love the shaved ankles.
Old 08-22-2017, 04:38 PM   #8360
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
And the bigger problem IMO is GirlySports yet again lied in her post, forcing all of us to uncover the truth by spending time Googling around and unraveling intentional deception to discover it wasn't even the New York Post that ran the cover she claimed, which was central to her point about the "liberal media" being some sort of problem.

Here is today's actual cover of the New York Post.

How do you even make that mistake? If we hadn't bothered fact checking your post (which we shouldn't have to do, but have grown used to it with anything you post in this thread), I would have thought NY Post ran Trump squinting at the sun on their cover. I don't go fact checking jayswin or even CHL (when I make it to the bottom of one of his posts), so why is that so many of your posts are misleading, GS, and why are you doing it? Are you just posting stuff you've read on FaceBook without factchecking it yourself, or are you the source of the lies you post here?

i glanced at the cover above and thought it was the NY Post. Sort of the same format. Sorry for that mistake.

The NY Post cover today is good, what the news should be.

Closed Thread

Tags
america first=loss , healthcare=loss , so much winning... , thats damn good covfefe , there will be tweetstorms