Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-16-2010, 07:35 PM   #1
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:
Default Where do you see the real estate market in the next...

I always get asked where I see things headed and I will post below for those who care.
I would also like to see where everyone else sees things going for the spring into the summer and beyond.

Its not true that all realtors say now is the time to buy or sell just for a deal...I am a perfect example!!! My prediction is that we will stay as we are now all throughout the winter and in the spring there will be a slight upswing compared to last spring but nothing compared to normal for that time of year. As we go throughout the summer I think a buzz will be generated and some will bite for it and others will be skeptical.
As we approach next winter I see things correcting right back to where they are now.
Real Estate is always the last to be effected in slow times and the last to come out of slow times. With so much uncertainty on a potential 2nd wave recession in the US I do not predict consumer confidence to rise over the next couple years nor do i see it declining.
My advice is to just stay within your means, do not go leverage yourself on a property if a buzz is created but do not be afraid to make the move.
I often hear people say that if I sell in the spring then I will get more for my home...while this is most likely true you need to realize that when you buy in the spring it will cost you more as well. (*more is a fraction of the cost anyways)

What are your thoughts?

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 11-17-2010, 11:26 AM   #2
WilsonFourTwo
First Line Centre

Exp:

In my opinion, I think there's still a bit of air to be let out. And right now, I suspect that there are so many people underwater (or near) on their mortgages that entertaining a move isn't practical.

Oil and Gas will pickup significantly this summer, and barring any major international crisis, it should be a "Confidence inspiring industry" by the Spring/Summer of 2012. This will loosen people's purse strings and have people moving back/committing to the province......that's when I see property values increasing again.