Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-16-2009, 11:17 PM   #41
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
(Dear god keep kipper is king away from the front of the net! )
Ok you go and try to deflect shots. It's not easy to get great position to do that.

But alas, I must concur that I am no Thomas Holmstrom in front.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:30 AM   #42
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Ok you go and try to deflect shots. It's not easy to get great position to do that.

But alas, I must concur that I am no Thomas Holmstrom in front.
heh, i was talking more about the penalties than the skill.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 05:40 AM   #43
Staypuft
Self Imposed Ban

Exp:

I am most certainly in.

CP Name: Staypuft
PSN Name: Staypuft39
Preferred League: NHL
Preferred Position: Forward
Goaltender Eligible: Not bloody likely.

As for some of the points discussed in the thread, I am a big fan of the idea of everyone having mic's (despite this meaning I'll likely be able to hear the groans when I turn the puck over ), but I think it'll be nothing but good for communication. The idea of two teams is also a great one, as I've stated before I really think the team is good enough to stick in Div 1 all year with some of the guys we have playing.
Staypuft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 08:58 AM   #44
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
heh, i was talking more about the penalties than the skill.
Oh, I see. Yeah, I do like flicking that right stick a little too much!

I will try my best to settle down on that.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:14 AM   #45
Cactus Jack
First Line Centre

Exp:

CP Name: Cactus Jack
PSN ID: Brasileirada
Preferred League: Like most, I'd like to play in the competitive league but I can also see it getting out of hand. I have to think about this for a while. Perhaps after a few weeks we can pair down the teams by skill and level of interest (willingness to put up with BS)?
Preferred Position: RD
Goaltender Eligible: Never
Cactus Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:46 AM   #46
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

CP Name: Russic
PSN ID: RedMile
Preferred League: Pro ... but conflicted
Preferred Position: Anything but Goalie
Goaltender Eligible: Never. We'll see with this years new goalie controls, but last year I was on the business end of a 9-0 molestation.

I'm conflicted with which team to join just because I really enjoy playing with many of the members of the pro team, but I get annoyed when certain people take things a little too seriously. That being said, Igitang always struck me as a guy that took things seriously, yet he was one of my favorite guys to play with. My favorite game of all time is still the one where we discussed the various technical things Dobbles does while he's playing D. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. I'd like to start off in the pro league and see how it goes.

Secondly, I LOVE the idea to make mics mandatory. I think Dobbles concern about the point not being utilized is very fair, and having mics would at least give some of those Dmen a voice. Very nice to hear Jobo mention it was a point of interest for the developers this year too. I would feel bad about making mics mandatory if they worked like they do in 09 (which in my experience is less than half the time). If they work more consistantly I'd get behind making them a mandatory piece of equipment.

Nextly, I do hope the servers are a touch better. The games I play online never seem to have the # of issues that hockey does. It's frustrating for me because as I age I'm finding I have less and less time to sit down and play a game or two. I may have a 45 minute window to get a game in, and if I get dropped going into the third, my gaming time is up and I've pretty much just wasted the only time I have to play. It's the main reason I stopped playing 09 online.

Lastly, I have a wee one on the way in november. It's our first one, so I don't know how it will impact my gaming, but I have this funny feeling i won't be able to be terribly committed. I still would like to give it a go however.

Fatas4Life
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:54 AM   #47
yads
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

CP Name: Yads
PSN: VDotCSpot
Preferred League: Pro, but I can't play too often due to baby so likely Casual
Preferred Position: LW/D
Goaltender Eligible: Rarely
yads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 12:06 PM   #48
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

CP Name: Lanevosky
PSN ID: Lanevosky
Preferred Position: D (Prefer LD)
Goaltender Eligible: Often

Last edited by lanevosky; 08-18-2009 at 12:09 PM.
lanevosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:37 PM   #49
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

CP Name: Igitang
PSN Name: Igitang
Preferred League: NHL
Preferred Position: LW, RW, RD, LD
Goaltender Eligible: No.

I am wondering if people will have to tryout for the NHL team or anyone who wants in off the hop gets in?
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:00 PM   #50
Cliche
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well if there are practice lobbies, most likely there will be time for play evaluation from the top brass so to speak.

Casual is casual, and also considering the number of trophies available for '10, it really depends on how completist you really want to be concerning that(obtaining trophies).

Despite it being casual, the interest is to develop the rest of the player's tool box, and to primarily be able to play within a system.

The only other reminder should be that if you are going for pro, I think it would be for participation in the tourney's, and there are certain participation rules set out for that as well for it to count.
Old 08-18-2009, 04:13 PM   #51
yads
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can someone explain how it's going to work. Are the GMs going to send out friend invites? I tried to participate last year, but I came too late to the party and never got an invite.
yads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:22 PM   #52
Human Torch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by yads View Post
Can someone explain how it's going to work. Are the GMs going to send out friend invites? I tried to participate last year, but I came too late to the party and never got an invite.
I don't think I remember you asking for one? But yeah, just add everyone on the list. We still play a lot of NHL09, there were 8 or 9 of us on last night so if you want you can join us. I'm trading in my copy next week though.
Human Torch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Human Torch For This Useful Post:
Old 08-18-2009, 04:44 PM   #53
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
I am wondering if people will have to tryout for the NHL team or anyone who wants in off the hop gets in?
No initially at release people can just play in. After a few weeks though for new invitees they will have to do a tryout stint first.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 04:57 PM   #54
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
CP Name: Russic
PSN ID: RedMile
Preferred League: Pro ... but conflicted
Preferred Position: Anything but Goalie
Goaltender Eligible: Never. We'll see with this years new goalie controls, but last year I was on the business end of a 9-0 molestation.

I'm conflicted with which team to join just because I really enjoy playing with many of the members of the pro team, but I get annoyed when certain people take things a little too seriously. That being said, Igitang always struck me as a guy that took things seriously, yet he was one of my favorite guys to play with. My favorite game of all time is still the one where we discussed the various technical things Dobbles does while he's playing D. Just thinking about it makes me laugh. I'd like to start off in the pro league and see how it goes.
Thanks Russic, good times for sure.

As for taking things seriously, sure I was one of the more vocal people in telling guys to go learn to play the game somewhere else. But considering what we were trying to achieve, I dont think that was out of line. We were trying to get into Div.1 and build a competitive group who could perhaps maybe challenge for one of those playoff spots. But instead, we had people coming and going all the time, never any consistancy of players, play style, and skill. That was super frustrating for me cause I know we had/have enough guys with ALOT of skill who can make a compettive enough team to challenge for one of thoe top spots in Div.1.

However, one thing no one can deny is that I was usually one of the biggest chearleaders for the teams also. I would constantly point out good things that people were doing in hopes that they would try and continue.
Hey I dont claim to know it all and there are guys on the Fata's that are hands down better than me. But im a thinker of the game and am also a RL coach in Soccer and Hockey. So commenting on errors and trying to help people improve is in my nature a bit. But so is being competitive.

Regarding Mics, everyone should have em regardless if they crap out sometimes.

RUssic, goodluck with the new baby in November.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 03:07 PM   #55
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Hey guys, I traded in my 09 today! Can't wait for 10!

How many of you guys are getting the Kane pack from EB games? I preordered, but the guy did not know a thing about it.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:13 PM   #56
lanevosky
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kipper is King View Post
Hey guys, I traded in my 09 today! Can't wait for 10!

How many of you guys are getting the Kane pack from EB games? I preordered, but the guy did not know a thing about it.

I wonder if bestbuy will have the Kane Pack if i pre-order....
I assume EB games is selling it for $69.99?
lanevosky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 05:19 PM   #57
CMPunk
aka Spike

Exp:

Damn...I won't be able to pick this up til my birthday
CMPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 06:13 PM   #58
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lanevosky View Post
I wonder if bestbuy will have the Kane Pack if i pre-order....
I assume EB games is selling it for $69.99?
It's EB Games in Canada and Gamestop in the US that offer it exclusively.
Old 08-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #59
koop
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
I'm conflicted with which team to join just because I really enjoy playing with many of the members of the pro team, but I get annoyed when certain people take things a little too seriously. That being said, Igitang always struck me as a guy that took things seriously, yet he was one of my favorite guys to play with.
..... so what exactly do you mean by "people take things a little too seriously"? I like playing with Igitang too, but IMO he is the first guy I would think of when talking about guys who take things too seriously.
koop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #60
Kipper is King
Pants Tent

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by koop View Post
IMO he is the first guy I would think of when talking about guys who take things too seriously.
I agree. We don't need to swear at each other.

Tags
eashl , kik cherry picks , nhl 10 , ps3