Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-30-2010, 05:58 PM   #61
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarrell View Post
Anybody with Telus Satellite TV? It looks like I'm done with Bell after 3 years. They offered me 30% off my total bill and a free PVR rental last year, but now that year is up. The best they want to give me now is 10% off, which in essence is a $30 a month increase. I gather that Telus is just reselling Bell's TV services so programming wont change, but Telus customer service for me has always been miles ahead of Bell's. I can probably save better than 10% as well by bundling my internet and tv. I can't get Shaw or Telus IP TV where I live, so my only options are Bell or Telus (Bell)

I'd phone up and try again. A different CSR might give a better deal.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:09 AM   #62
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

As of this morning, Telus now offers remote recording http://www.telus.com/content/tv/iptv/recording.jsp

Pretty slick interface so far from the 5 minutes of playing around with it that I've done... one of the few features I missed from Bell. iPhone app works well too.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #63
Barnes
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just ordered Optik and it's coming on the 18th. Cut my bills by about $40 a month and get more channels and features. Shaw has been really good to us but I can't justify the price and the lack of features.

I played with it a bit at the inlaws house and the interface is slick as hell.

Question, if I record a show in HD is it watchable from the my bedroom where we have an SD TV with the PVR anywhere?
Barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #64
FlamesKickAss
Franchise Player

Exp:

yes!! I record Lie to me on channel 611 and it is watchable in my bedroom.
FlamesKickAss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FlamesKickAss For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 12:10 PM   #65
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

I work for a Telus dealer, I am waiting to see if we are offered a staff price before I make a switch. I am reluctant to sign any contracts.

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #66
babs
Draft Pick

Does anyone happen to know if there is a 30 day grace/trial period or something where I can opt out of a Telus TV contract without penalty? I currently use Shaw, but am very impressed by what I hear about TTV and am seriously thinking about switching. If there is a trial period, it could go a long way to convincing the wife to switch.
babs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #67
Mightyfire89
And I Don't Care...

Exp:

^^^I switched to Telus tv in June (from starchoice) and couldn't be happier. I didn't sign a contract of any type, though I am renting as opposed to buying the receivers. I'm pretty sure you can go the rental route and if you're not satisfied, just cancel after a month or two.
Mightyfire89 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mightyfire89 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-10-2010, 10:11 PM   #68
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I just had Telus internet installed at my house, and the guy doing it was telling me that they had switched the television service recently. Apparently it is supposed to operate much better than it had initially, and there shouldn't be a need to reset it constantly. It does seem like most recent customers are happy with it, so I am wondering how you enjoy Telus TV (especially compared to Starchoice and Shaw)?
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 11:06 PM   #69
Roast Beef
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The old TTV was garbage. The new ones are great though. My parents have a Shaw PVR and the Telus service kicks the crap out of it.
Roast Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roast Beef For This Useful Post:
Old 08-11-2010, 07:49 AM   #70
Yellefan
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopChed View Post
I just had Telus internet installed at my house, and the guy doing it was telling me that they had switched the television service recently. Apparently it is supposed to operate much better than it had initially, and there shouldn't be a need to reset it constantly. It does seem like most recent customers are happy with it, so I am wondering how you enjoy Telus TV (especially compared to Starchoice and Shaw)?
It's awesome, I'm so much happier with it than I ever was with Shaw or Bell. Apparently their old system was crap, but this Mediaroom system has been rock solid for me for 6 months, only needing to reset it once. Being able to watch my recordings from any tv in the house is also a huge plus over shaw and bell as well. If your line qualifies for the 2/3HD/1SD TV service I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it. If you only qualify for 1HD/1SD I might wait til they upgrade the lines in your area.
Yellefan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yellefan For This Useful Post: