Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2012, 10:32 PM   #21
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Just got finished with the restore via disk migration and it worked.

Thanks so much for the help, sclitheroe.

I re-started and now at the login screen there are two users to choose from when logging in. One is the new one that I've had the last few days that leads to a blank generic desktop, and the other is that of my old system, that when I login brings up all my applications and files etc. They are all there.

Is that a problem there's two users at the login screen? Should I delete the blank one?
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Obvious View Post
Just got finished with the restore via disk migration and it worked.

Thanks so much for the help, sclitheroe.

I re-started and now at the login screen there are two users to choose from when logging in. One is the new one that I've had the last few days that leads to a blank generic desktop, and the other is that of my old system, that when I login brings up all my applications and files etc. They are all there.

Is that a problem there's two users at the login screen? Should I delete the blank one?
At least one user on the system needs to have Admin rights - take a look in System Preferences -> Users and Groups, and see what your restored user account has. If it's not an admin (it will say Admin under the user name in the left hand column), and you want to delete the blank account, log into the blank account (since that one's an admin) and make the restored account an admin account as well (check off the "Allow user to administer this computer"). Then you can log out, back in with the restored account and remove the blank one.