Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #1
Otto-matic
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Hamonic right at home at the Dome.

The more and more I read about Travis, the more I am ecstatic he is a Flame. A real gem of a human.

Quote:
For new digs, the whole setting seemed happily, comfortably familiar.

"I spent a lot of time during my junior career with Moose Jaw and Brandon coming through here,'' Travis Hamonic was reminiscing Monday.

"I don't know how to explain it, but for me this building always had this … feel.

"So whenever I'd come back with the Islanders after I reached the NHL, all these memories would flood back. Kind of nostalgia, you know?

"I've had some fun games in this rink. Now to be on the other side, seeing the (home dressing) room, throwing this jersey on, it's awesome. Absolutely awesome. A dream come true.

"Honestly.

Quote:
In being officially introduced as a member of the Flaming C family, Hamonic slipped on the No. 24, with the blessing of assistant GM Craig Conroy, who, of course, used to model it himself.

"Some pretty good players have worn that number,'' reminded Conroy, simulating a playful chest-swell. "Pep. Jiri Hudler, a major trophy winner.

"And don't forget Jarome (Iginla), too. At least for a little while.

"I was joking with Travis: 'Oh well, there goes the number.' But it couldn't belong to a better person. Everything you hear about him, for what he does with his foundation, talking to people who know him, have been around him, just a first-class person.
Poor guy - explains why the presser was an hour late.

Quote:
The scheduled flight for he and wife Stephanie out of Winnipeg for a media unveiling was cancelled.

"Wasn't snowing,'' he joked. "I woke up and saw what had happened with the flight. And I'm thinking: 'Today, of all days …'

"They were pretty quick, though. Before I could even freak out they were booking me another flight.

"So I made it.

"I'm here.

"And it's so worth it."
https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/hamo...me/c-290168206
Otto-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Otto-matic For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2017, 12:31 PM   #2
sempuki
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Seems both Dougie and Travis are happy being here, and will be part of the team for the long term. Great continuity of character, which bodes well. Something to take pride in beyond just pushing rubber down the ice.
sempuki is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sempuki For This Useful Post:
Old 06-27-2017, 12:43 PM   #3
DiracSpike
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm really excited to have this guy on the team. Having good character guys who truly want to be here makes a noticable difference. I'm hoping he was the Regehr temperment where he's a great guy off the ice and in the rooom but a tough SOB on the ice.
DiracSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 12:54 PM   #4
8sPOT
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

What really surprised me is how well spoken he is. Says what he means, means what he says type thing. No beating around the bush and uh, um, well, uh, type answers. Definitely strikes me as a guy with a real solid head on his shoulders and knows what he can bring to the team on and off the ice.

Bonus being all the sour grapes texts I get from Oilers buddies
8sPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 8sPOT For This Useful Post: