Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-22-2012, 08:06 AM   #1
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:
Exclamation Planetside 2

Who's playing?

If you like Battlefield, you'll love Planetside. If you thought Battlefield was "ok" but the maps were too small and didn't offer room to maneuver en mass, or that teamwork wasn't really important enough to be a factor in winning, or that the vehicles were no fun to control, or just thought Battlefield was getting a little lame as the series went on, you'll love Planetside.

This game is massive! A single region is bigger than most Battlefield maps (and each continent on the planet has 20 or so regions each), it's entirely persistent with dynamic day/night cycles, tons of room for massive vehicular mayhem (I can actually fly the "jets" in PS2 with my mouse and keyboard without immediately crashing, and the size of the continents mean you don't need to just do constant loops), horizontal and vertical combat, lots and lots of unlockables (you choose what you want to unlock, and there's more available than just guns and attachments). Really, I've played BF since 1942, and Planetside 2 is basically what I wish Battlefield had become. Bigger and more of a focus on teamwork.

I'm playing on the Mattherson server (PC) for anyone that's thinking of giving it a shot. User name: Pantokrator .
Old 11-22-2012, 08:13 AM   #2
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

i'm interested in it, but the F2P status has really soured me. i don't feel like getting nickel and dimed to play a game, and i know if i don't pony up some money for unlockables i'll be getting destroyed by all the kids who have parents with far too much money
Old 11-22-2012, 08:40 AM   #3
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

We had a thread started in Tech Talk fyi.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=119428

F2P is a system that is beginning to get under my skin. The grind is seriously killing my desire to play these games. I haven't played since beta but I figure I'll give it another shot this weekend.
Closed Thread

Tags
free-to-play , planetside 2