Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2012, 05:16 PM   #21
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HPLovecraft View Post
You're the biggest SW fan on here, though, so you don't count!
That's almost non democratic.

I feel like I'm being discriminated against

Someone call Jabba the Hutt's lawyer

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #22
Superfraggle
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
For those of you guys having fun still, can you tell me what it is you are enjoying, I am not asking sarcastically, just that I might install and give it another go.
I mostly play it like a single player game. I like the storylines and conversation choices and the fact that it's Star Wars. I like the change of pace of flying space missions when I finish with a planet, although I wish there were more of them. I've never been particularly hard-core in my gaming or spent hours upon hours at a time, which I think has really help me not get too bored with this one.
Superfraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:10 PM   #23
Mike F
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfraggle View Post
I mostly play it like a single player game. I like the storylines and conversation choices and the fact that it's Star Wars. I like the change of pace of flying space missions when I finish with a planet, although I wish there were more of them. I've never been particularly hard-core in my gaming or spent hours upon hours at a time, which I think has really help me not get too bored with this one.
That sums up my approach - I've never been interested in an MMO, prefering single player story-based games, but $15 giving me unlimited access to all story based content. . . .

They just made me an offer I can't refuse.
Mike F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 07:17 PM   #24
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Ditto, I'll occassionally do group finder and do some raids. Or hop into a warzone.

But I really like the story modes. Sith Warrior and the Bounty Hunter stories are quite amazing.

Once I finish with the Bounty Hunter, I'll probably do a Republic Trooper.

Old 11-13-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
Flame12
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I decided to pay the 15$ a month since i was going to get this last year made a Smugglar first and have enjoyed that storyline so far. Just hit 15th level going to slow down a bit now since the wife is looking at me different when i play lol.
Flame12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 02:58 PM   #26
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Smuggler is one of the fun characters, they have a lot of great comebacks in the story.

The story line itself isn't the best one in the game, but its still great.

Old 11-15-2012, 09:37 AM   #27
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flame12 View Post
I decided to pay the 15$ a month since i was going to get this last year made a Smugglar first and have enjoyed that storyline so far. Just hit 15th level going to slow down a bit now since the wife is looking at me different when i play lol.
NSFW!

That'll definitely garner an odd look or two...

(I've got a Smuggler around 36 - I quite enjoy this game! I have a monthly subscription going as well)
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

As someone who has played almost every MMO since Everquest, KOTOR was the first I did not hit max level in.

It was a below average 1 player game at best, and potentially one of the worst MMO ever made
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:18 PM   #29
Regorium
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason14h View Post
As someone who has played almost every MMO since Everquest, KOTOR was the first I did not hit max level in.

It was a below average 1 player game at best, and potentially one of the worst MMO ever made
This.

I did hit max level, but I stalled out at level 46 for several weeks before I just decided to finish the rest in a day so I can unsubscribe. Possibly the worst MMO I've ever played and I've played hits like Vanguard, AC2 and EQ2.

It's a mediocre 1 player game. The conversations are repetitive. There are no new mechanics for any of the quests. There's no lasting impact based on your choices.

Free to play is probably where this game belongs - I'd say it's worth it for $0 or less. I wouldn't pay a single dime for any of the content knowing what it is now.
Regorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 05:08 PM   #30
RedMan12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Just tried free to play not very impressed.

Your character cannot sprint, you have to buy quick slot bars, no fast travel, no space missions..

The list goes on and on. You have to subscribe for the game to be worthwhile and I am not sure it is really worth the $15 a month.

You lack rawness, you lack passion, you couldn't make it through war without rations.

RedMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to RedMan12 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-15-2012, 06:03 PM   #31
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMan12 View Post
Just tried free to play not very impressed.

Your character cannot sprint, you have to buy quick slot bars, no fast travel, no space missions..
You can't use the waypoint speeder bikes?

LOLOLOL.

The game basically forces you to use those repetitively with some of the quests - get X here and return to me for the 2nd part.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:11 PM   #32
RedMan12
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
You can't use the waypoint speeder bikes?

LOLOLOL.

The game basically forces you to use those repetitively with some of the quests - get X here and return to me for the 2nd part.

I just fired it up again today after not playing for 4 months. I was just reading this on http://www.swtor.com/free/features.
After I found out I had to buy the quick slots for all the icons I stopped playing. I really wanted to play again for free. However, after seeing all that free play gets you is an unplayable game with hardly any features I am still not sure if its worth it.

You lack rawness, you lack passion, you couldn't make it through war without rations.

RedMan12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 08:16 AM   #33
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Apparently in order to get HK51, you have to have an alt on the opposite faction to get one of the parts to put him together. I find that kind of lame.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote