Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #81
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's something to consider. If Vegas wants Kulak and is likely to take him in the draft over anyone else, would you trade them Kulak so they take Brouwer as well?
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #82
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Here's something to consider. If Vegas wants Kulak and is likely to take him in the draft over anyone else, would you trade them Kulak so they take Brouwer as well?
Why would they not just take Kulak in the draft without having to take Brouwer as well or am I missing something?
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #83
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannon7 View Post
What about Loui Eriksson? Sure, he's a Canuck, but only has one year of stink on him. Hasn't fit in on the Canucks roster like they had hoped and with the Canucks being in rebuild mode he may want out. Canucks won't get much for him after the season he had, but Eriksson looks like a guy prime for a rebound. Maybe a prospect + pick for Eriksson? I admit that I was hoping the Flames had acquired him last offseason...his contract is steep, though, so I would expect the Canucks to eat some salary depending on how good the prospect/pick going back.
It really hurts the Flames ability to pay Backlund, Tkachuk and Bennett over the next 5 years having Ericsson eating upwards of $6M on our cap. Even in a swap for Brouwer the Nucks either add value or eat the difference ($1.5M per). I do think he could be an okay fit on our top line for the next 2 years but not sure about the next 5
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:33 PM   #84
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What about Loui Eriksson? Sure, he's a Canuck, but only has one year of stink on him. Hasn't fit in on the Canucks roster like they had hoped and with the Canucks being in rebuild mode he may want out. Canucks won't get much for him after the season he had, but Eriksson looks like a guy prime for a rebound. Maybe a prospect + pick for Eriksson? I admit that I was hoping the Flames had acquired him last offseason...his contract is steep, though, so I would expect the Canucks to eat some salary depending on how good the prospect/pick going back.
he's signed at $6M till 2022!

Only way i'd do that is if the nucks take back Stajan, Bouma, Brouwer. Even then, i think the nucks win the trade.
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 02:38 PM   #85
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Why would they not just take Kulak in the draft without having to take Brouwer as well or am I missing something?
I was missing the small +, maybe a 3rd round pick.

Lose the guy you'd lose anyways. Give up less to unload Brouwer than if you attempted to keep Kulak.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 02:55 PM   #86
Firebot
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Eriksson is signed till 2022. 2022. Eriksson has 24 points at the age of 31. When Glencross was run out of the Flames / Capitals and was forced to retire, he had 35 points and 32.

Eriksson is signed til 2022. 2022. At 6 million AAV. Brouwer is 4.5 million AAV, has 25 points at 31, and Flames fans want to give their newborn just to have Vegas take him off our hands.

Eriksson is signed till 2022. 2022. Eriksson has 24 points at the age of 31. . No to Eriksson.

Eriksson is signed till 2022. 2022.
Firebot is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Firebot For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2017, 03:49 PM   #87
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebot View Post
Eriksson is signed till 2022. 2022. Eriksson has 24 points at the age of 31. When Glencross was run out of the Flames / Capitals and was forced to retire, he had 35 points and 32.

Eriksson is signed til 2022. 2022. At 6 million AAV. Brouwer is 4.5 million AAV, has 25 points at 31, and Flames fans want to give their newborn just to have Vegas take him off our hands.

Eriksson is signed till 2022. 2022. Eriksson has 24 points at the age of 31. . No to Eriksson.

Eriksson is signed till 2022. 2022.
Point taken. But Eriksson was a perennial 30 goal scorer prior to a injury plagued season with the Canucks. Which is more than can be said for Brouwer pretty much ever. The Eriksson idea would be contingent on Vegas taking Brouwer and the Canucks eating enough of that contract so that it is almost a wash salary wise. But I believe Eriksson can and will bounce back, if you don't then I fully understand balking at his contract. Wouldn't be surprised to see McPhee acquire him cheaply as Vegas will need to ice something approaching a NHL calibre forward corps.
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 09:33 PM   #88
iamca
First Line Centre

Exp:

The Flames off season plan for me starts and stops with goaltending.

If there is any semblance of the 1a and 1b along with the lack of consistency next season, it will be a shame and a waste.

Get an NHL starter that can handle north of 50 games and a solid backup.

I think after these needs are actually fulfilled, you have to acquire a top 6 RW and a right handed #4 defenseman.

Goaltending needs to be addressed and I realize that BT thought he was set going into last season. The best thing that BT did was not go out and sign anyone including Elliott or Johnson to an extension.

Last edited by iamca; 05-29-2017 at 09:38 PM.
iamca is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iamca For This Useful Post: