Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-12-2016, 01:04 PM   #341
ClubFlames
Posted the 2 millionth post!

Exp:

I been enjoying the game, no major complaints. There will never be a perfect game. One thing I do hate though is the commentary, especially when Doc is so generic..

OH MY, 2 GOALS BY THE SAME TEAM!
*Flashback sequence* This player has been great!

ClubFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ClubFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 10-12-2016, 01:35 PM   #342
N-E-B
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailer Fire View Post
I kind of annoyed how I have bar none the best team in the league (91 offence, 95 defence, 92 goaltending) and still miss the playoffs. I play my Franchise mode more realistic, as I sin every and all games. I take care of everything off the ice and scrutinize every small detail, but I leave the on-ice stuff to the players. Apparently a top line of Gaudreau (95)- Monahan(92) - Patrick(93) has a tough time putting up more than 50 points each in a season.

Edit: Does anyone have any recommendations for making Mark in 17? I think I'm going to redo my Franchise because several things have gone terribly wrong and I'd like to have him in the system.
Well, you relocated to Seattle, so there's your first problem...
N-E-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 04:31 PM   #343
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-E-B View Post
Yeah, Katz told me he wasn't interested so I gave up. I might try trading away all their good pieces to Calgary for peanuts and moving then. Not really sure how you generate interest in relocation but I figure poor on ice performance will do it.
If that was all it took, Edmonton wouldn't have even been in the game to begin with.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FanIn80 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-13-2016, 09:43 PM   #344
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man my BaP just can't rack up assists. The only ones I really get are deflections off my shots. I'm currently in the second round of the OHL playoffs and I have 15g0a. Our team has scored 18g total...
Old 10-13-2016, 09:53 PM   #345
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I started Be a Pro today. Randomly put myself on Kamloops. It's pretty fun. Going to play some more of that and make some chili to pregame the Flames game tomorrow.
Old 10-13-2016, 10:54 PM   #346
The Coppernian One
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClubFlames View Post
I been enjoying the game, no major complaints. There will never be a perfect game. One thing I do hate though is the commentary, especially when Doc is so generic..

OH MY, 2 GOALS BY THE SAME TEAM!
*Flashback sequence* This player has been great!
The commentary grates on me. One of the things that does it is the constant use of "recoil".

The best bit of commentary I've come across is Doc saying something like "You just know it's going to take a bunch more goals to win this" (or something akin to that - can't remember it verbatim). It made me laugh because the game was in OT when he said it.

Does it get on anyone else that it tracks "season" wins/losses when you're in the playoffs? Like you'll be in the third round and instead of showing the current series is 3-2, it will show your record as 11-7.
The Coppernian One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2016, 01:14 PM   #347
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

I played this again with my buddy trying the hybrid controls over the skill stick and man that that make this game 100× easier to play. I completely suck when using the skill stick controls
Old 10-16-2016, 08:12 PM   #348
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Man BAP is pretty awesome. I started as a 54OA RW Sniper on Flint in the OHL as a 15y/o. I'm currently in my second season and I'm already 69OA and I'm team captain. I've been playing on Pro, and I think I'm going to jump to the next difficulty, albeit with some slightly adjusted sliders in my favour. I'm going to be like 80-85OA come draft day.

Does anyone know how the drafting works in BAP? I assume the seasons are just simulated like regular. Is the draft lottery in effect? I really want to land on Calgary, but I'm expecting Toronto or NJ. If I save just after the Memorial Cup then sim to the draft, what are the odds the team drafting me will change? I assume my draft position won't change... I really don't want to play for Vancouver, Edmonton, Montreal, or Toronto.
Old 10-24-2016, 10:39 PM   #349
Trailer Fire
First Line Centre

Exp:

Also, does anyone know how player growth works? Or have an idea? I started as a 6'3 15y/o and I'm in my draft year. I'm still 6'3 and I've only packed on 6 lbs. currently 185.
Old 10-26-2016, 10:04 AM   #350
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

I may have been a little hasty in my original assessment. I only have two gripes with the game.

1. Oveckhin can take 5 hits and keep the puck while being attacked by my entire team, doesn't take penalties no matter how many sticklifts and pokechecks the opposition spams with Ovechkin.

2. Missing hooking calls, been hooked a lot on breakaways and rarely get a penalty call. If my player would stop shaking his hand around while on a breakaway that'd be nice.

Otherwise it's actually a pretty decent game. They managed to get it way closer to a simulation than before. Animations are iffy but the gameplay is solid, strategy and intelligence is finally rewarded. Haven't really lost any that I deserved to win, no outshooting them 45-10 with quality scoring chances and losing 3-0.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AcGold For This Useful Post:
Old 10-26-2016, 11:02 AM   #351
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcGold View Post
2. Missing hooking calls, been hooked a lot on breakaways and rarely get a penalty call. If my player would stop shaking his hand around while on a breakaway that'd be nice.
If your player is Johnny it's highly accurate.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 10-28-2016, 01:57 AM   #352
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well it looks like the CPU still cheats late in a game. I just started my franchise mode and had to shut off my PS4 three straight times after having a 3-1 late in the third only to have the Oilers become invincible and tie it up in a matter of 15 seconds.
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #353
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm actually really surprised how many hits Johnny Hockey can take this year. He seems like a giant pain in the arse for opponents. Every online game I've played he has bounced off 2 or 3 guys, picks up the puck and has a breakaway.
northcrunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 11:16 AM   #354
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

My least favourite part of the game has always been the weak goal allowed when you have a lead with less than 5 minutes left in a game.

Always seems like some wrister from the point will go in and then you have to spend the last 10 minutes doing whatever you can to protect a lead.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 01:10 PM   #355
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
My least favourite part of the game has always been the weak goal allowed when you have a lead with less than 5 minutes left in a game.

Always seems like some wrister from the point will go in and then you have to spend the last 10 minutes doing whatever you can to protect a lead.
The only way to guarantee a win is to focus heavily on offence and get up 7-0 so you can win 7-6.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 06:52 PM   #356
bubbsy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Frustrating that the rosters have yet to be updated to the point where one can start franchise mode. Jankowski needs to be added and you'd hope some guys get a bump in their overalls (kylington is mid 60s, prybil is a 48 I think).
bubbsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2016, 06:19 AM   #357
Finny61
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I always find final scores where the losing CPU team has one goal (2-1, 3-1, etc etc). A shutout is like winning the lotto. Ever since 2007.
Finny61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 08:35 PM   #358
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Well, it's time to retire from the EA NHL franchise and my Xbone. I may go back to Sony's console in a few years but for now.. it's time to move on.

With that said, I am giving away my HUT team this Sunday evening Nov 6.

The big ticket players include 91 Lindros, 92 WCOH Modano, 92 Wendal Clark, Team of the week McDonough and more. About 700k worth of pucks on the xbone market.

If you are interested, please send me a PM with your cell number so we can text while we trade the players.

If you are new to the board, I will likely be reluctant to pass them on to you, sorry.

Lol, never mind with the cell, when I respond to the pm, I will gove you my gamer tag and we can do a chat room.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 09:20 PM   #359
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Don't get a ps4 is my advice. Fairly disappointed in the console, 2/5 for me. Controller is garbage, cpu is frikin slow, have trouble playing any games lag free with 30 ping. More often than not I come away with a headache feeling frustrated after using the thing. If you are someone that notices quality in engineering you'll hate it.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to AcGold For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2016, 08:41 AM   #360
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

I'm experiencing the same thing with the Xbone. I have literallly gone through 5 controllers in the last 3 weeks because the left analog stick button keeps cratering while trying to speed skate. Also, Xbone came out with a new controller with grips but instead of being one solid piece, it's now 3 parts and it feels like it's going to break in my hands.

Lots of video lag as well, in NHL when there is a transition or turn over the game gets jittery and makes it impossible to respond in time.

What you're saying though ACgold is the exact same thing as the manager at my local EB..

So I'm simply done with console gaming until the next generation I guess.

I always end up turning the console off in a really frustrated mood. It's just not worth the energy anymore.
IgiTang is offline   Reply With Quote