Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2009, 09:42 PM   #181
Zarathustra
Scoring Winger

Exp:

K I have no idea what's going on now, I just got a confirmation email from travelocity with all itinerary on it and I checked the reference code on the Spanair website and it looks fine.

I guess I'm just waiting for the e-ticket now. Has anybody got their eticket yet?
Zarathustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:49 PM   #182
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
I guess I'm just waiting for the e-ticket now. Has anybody got their eticket yet?
When I called the rep at Travelocity, he said that the email with the booking number with Spanair and the ticket number is your eticket. You print that off and that's it. Hope he's right.
Rhyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:53 PM   #183
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme View Post
When I called the rep at Travelocity, he said that the email with the booking number with Spanair and the ticket number is your eticket. You print that off and that's it. Hope he's right.
I just read all the fine print in the Travelocity confirmation email and found this:
  • Printed itinerary—As you will not receive a paper ticket, we suggest you print this page to take along with you on your trip.
So, I wouldn't expect a separate email with the eTicket.

Unfortunately, I also found this:
  • There are times when we are unable to confirm a reservation. In the rare event that this occurs, we will attempt to reach you by phone and email so that we can reaccommodate you. You must call us back within 48 hours or we may not be able to honor your original booking price.
The nice thing about this warning, is that it does talk about honouring the original price even if they have to change the flight.
jtfrogger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 09:58 PM   #184
Zarathustra
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyme View Post
Okay well I got one of those. Jeeze this is so confusing. Well at least there are posters who have their flights scheduled before me, they can test it out for the rest of us and see if this all goes through!

Here is the email I got, it starts out like:

"
thank you!

travel reservation confirmation

Dear Michael,
Thank you for booking your travel through Travelocity.ca.
Your trip to Menorca, Spain (MAH) is confirmed. A summary of your reservation is provided below. Please be sure to:"

Then it gives the flight details. Is this the e-ticket? Doesn't look like one.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:12 PM   #185
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think that's the e-ticket. It says as much in the email. I don't know exactly what they mean about confirming the reservation though. It seems to be that this email is the confirmation, no?
Old 05-28-2009, 10:17 PM   #186
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Here is the email I got, it starts out like:
thank you!

travel reservation confirmation...

That's what mine looks like and I am not expecting anything else. I've booked other flights where an email like that is the only thing that I got.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:19 PM   #187
Log
Scoring Winger

Exp:

After a long talk with the wifey, we decided that it would be too much travelling with a 1 year old.

Hope all you sons of beaches (j/k) enjoy the trip!!!
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 10:30 PM   #188
Zarathustra
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Yeah you guys are right that is the eticket, I just got off the phone with travelocity again, and they said that the flight is confirmed and everything is fine. So looks like I'll be in Spain from the 20th to 28th, now I just gotta convince some of my friends to join me!
Old 05-28-2009, 11:50 PM   #189
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

what number did you guys call where you actually got to talk to someone?
Dan02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #190
Rhyme
Farm Team Player

Exp:

When the machine asks you what you want, just say "agent" and you should get transferred to a person.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:54 PM   #191
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
what number did you guys call where you actually got to talk to someone?
I just called the first toll free number that I could find on the web site. In the prompts, when the automated voice asks what you want to do I answered "Speak to a representative".
Old 05-29-2009, 12:06 AM   #192
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

sweet talking to someone right now and it looks like i'm in.
Old 05-29-2009, 12:09 AM   #193
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan02 View Post
sweet talking to someone right now and it looks like i'm in.
I'm glad I didn't have to sweet talk anyone to get the confirmation.
The Following User Says Thank You to jtfrogger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2009, 01:21 AM   #194
jar_e
Franchise Player

Exp:

And just to clear up the confusion (I've used travelocity quite a bit)...the main line you should be looking for in the email is this:

"Please check in with Air Canada on the day of departure for your boarding pass.
For your boarding pass, use reference code Y**** for online or airport checkin."

That's your booking code you will use at the kiosks when you depart and that will be the equivalent of your eticket.
jar_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:07 AM   #195
r00t
Draft Pick

Just a quick note to clear up the difference between a confirmation and a ticket ...

Your confirmation number will be 6 characters and is what you can use on Spanair and AC to checkin, etc.

Your ticket is a different number ... I believe it's 11 digits and, in this case, it will start with 680 (Spanair's marketing carrier number)

Without boring people on the intricacies of ticketing, basically, once you have a ticket you have taken a seat out of inventory. A confirmation number just means you've got an itinerary and are not guaranteed a seat on the plane.

If you don't have a ticket number, you should definitely call and investigate. The two cases I'm aware of people not being issued tickets are: payment by visa on travelocity.ca and payment by third party credit card (i.e. using a friend's card when the friend isn't actually on the itinerary)
r00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 08:15 AM   #196
Dan02
Franchise Player

Exp:

cool, when i called their automated system last nigt and have them send a copy of the eticket it did indeed have a ticket number of 11 digits starting with 680, my faith in actually keeping this fare is slowly rising.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:21 AM   #197
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Maybe it was a smart viral marketing campaign to attract attention to the new codesharing alliance between Span Air and Air Canada ?

Or more likely, someone screwed up and will be fired over this...
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 05-29-2009, 08:29 AM   #198
Peanut
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think the deal is gone this morning as far as I can tell? Checked around the Sept 20 - 27 dates and the cheapest looks to be $523 US per person.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:32 AM   #199
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by r00t View Post
Just a quick note to clear up the difference between a confirmation and a ticket ...

Your confirmation number will be 6 characters and is what you can use on Spanair and AC to checkin, etc.

Your ticket is a different number ... I believe it's 11 digits and, in this case, it will start with 680 (Spanair's marketing carrier number)

Without boring people on the intricacies of ticketing, basically, once you have a ticket you have taken a seat out of inventory. A confirmation number just means you've got an itinerary and are not guaranteed a seat on the plane.

If you don't have a ticket number, you should definitely call and investigate. The two cases I'm aware of people not being issued tickets are: payment by visa on travelocity.ca and payment by third party credit card (i.e. using a friend's card when the friend isn't actually on the itinerary)
FYI, having a ticket number isn't a guarantee of a seat. I got a ticket number starting with 680 when I first booked through Orbitz, and they emailed about four hours later to say I didn't really have tickets.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:36 AM   #200
jtfrogger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
I think the deal is gone this morning as far as I can tell? Checked around the Sept 20 - 27 dates and the cheapest looks to be $523 US per person.
I just tried, and the deal is available from 23rd to 30th. Yes, it is much more limited, but there are still some dates. The 30th is actually the earliest return date that I could find in September.