Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Do you think Glenn is alive?
Yes 51 50.50%
No 50 49.50%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 11:05 PM   #41
Igottago
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
we saw his son already didn't we? he and his mom were shacked up with the main guy's best friend, according to the picture he looked at right after the campground scene
I must've missed that too. I didn't realize that was main guys (whats his name again) wife and son. Wow. Now that you mention it that whole interaction between them makes more sense.

"I was like Christ, lying on my back, with my arms outstretched, crucified"
-- Frank Musil - Early January 1994
Old 11-01-2010, 02:06 AM   #42
VANFLAMESFAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igottago View Post
I must've missed that too. I didn't realize that was main guys (whats his name again) wife and son. Wow. Now that you mention it that whole interaction between them makes more sense.
After the scene in the campground, it goes back to Rick and he's looking at a picture of his family and it was the same woman and kid as the scene previous.

Really enjoyed the premiere. When he was under the tank, that was pretty intense.

Can't wait till next week.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:31 AM   #43
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
we saw his son already didn't we? he and his mom were shacked up with the main guy's best friend, according to the picture he looked at right after the campground scene
I am pretty sure that boy was his son (I can't remember pictures). What I mean is that Rick will meet his son next episode. In the comic he meets his son right after the tank, how ever in the comic he doesn't go in the tank, someone else comes to rescue him.
Old 11-01-2010, 02:53 AM   #44
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

First off Horror scares the pants off of me.

The show scared the pants off of me and blew my socks off. This is a the perfect dramatic humanistic tragity that "studies" the interactions of mankind in a fictional world. OMFG I loved the premire and I, again, am terrified of horror. This show is filled with tragedy and human emotion.

Opening scene a child's head is blown off! Why The Face!

I am looking forward to this whole series.

Lets talk about The Walking Dead!

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 11-01-2010 at 05:56 AM.
Old 11-01-2010, 08:42 AM   #45
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was really impressed with the premiere, can't wait for the next episode!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:22 AM   #46
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Watched it last night after seeing so many ads for it while watching crappy old horror movies on AMC over the last month. I found the premier to be very meh, the production and visuals where great but the acting, and writing I found very weak. The main guy really didn't seemed to be to bothered after waking up in a post apocalyptic world that has been over run by zombies. I found it strange that he didn't ask one question as to how, why, or when any of this happened. The camp scene was down right awful, the exchange between his wife and partner was just terribly acted, it reminded me of some of the acting from those old horror movies that I'd watched. I nearly burst out laughing.

All and all I don't think I'll be spending anymore time with this series.

Last edited by J pold; 11-01-2010 at 06:45 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 09:34 AM   #47
Flabbibulin
Franchise Player

Exp:

Does there need to be spoilers in this thread? I'm guessing most of us haven't read the comic series. Would like to frequent this thread, but not if spoilers are posted.
Old 11-01-2010, 09:50 AM   #48
HalifaxDrunk
#2 960 Prankster

Exp:

I really liked it, something different on TV. Yes, Zombie moves can be found by the dozens but a well done zombie show is welcome by me.
Old 11-01-2010, 10:26 AM   #49
zztim81
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Liked the premier, and think its going to be a good show, i too hope the acting gets a bit better but the thing that really pisses me off is come on! its the freakin Zombie apocolypse, take more than one dinky little Jerry can of gas with you when you leave...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:31 AM   #50
Poison
First Line Centre

Exp:

Gah i missed this yesterday! Any idea if theyll be replaying it this week?
Old 11-01-2010, 10:47 AM   #51
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poison View Post
Gah i missed this yesterday! Any idea if theyll be replaying it this week?
Looks like it'll be on again Friday night at 8 and Friday and Saturday nights at midnight.

http://blogs.amctv.com/search/?t=SCH...e+walking+dead
Old 11-01-2010, 11:20 AM   #52
3 Justin 3
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

People think this has bad acting and bad writing? Wow...just...wow.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:48 AM   #53
RW99
First Line Centre

Location: 103 104END 106 109 111 117 122 202 203 207 208 216 217 219 221 222 224 225 313 317 HC G
Exp:

I quite liked it. The half zombie lady was my favorite part.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:17 PM   #54
HPLovecraft
Took an arrow to the knee

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fotze View Post
The exact same premise in 28 days later. Can they get sued for that?

The episode was pretty good, buddy's wife looked more like a crackhead than a zombie, maybe she is just out on a binge and thats why he can't kill her.
28 Days Later stole its whole premise from the book "Day of the Triffids." In it, the protagonist wakes up in a hospital after having his eyes worked on. He had them bandaged during a meteor shower everyone seen and went blind from. So everyone's walking around all zombie-like in the hospital and outside because they can't see. He goes outside and London is completely empty, etc., etc., and it ends with the authour exploring how human society would react to such a catastrophe, just like 28 Days Later.

If anything, 28 Days Later should be sued for ripping off a classic sci-fi novel! The writer of 28DL even admits to being "inspired" by DotT. If they can do it, it's free game for The Walking Dead, IMO.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:39 PM   #55
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought the writing and character development was sort of spotty, not as good as some AMC programs, but still better than 90% of the TV shows out there (and 99% of zombie movies). In particular, the misogynistic partner hooking up with his wife seemed sort of hackneyed, but on the other hand the father/son/zombie wife part was extremely well-done.
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 03:48 PM   #56
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
The camp scene was down right awful, the exchange between his wife and partner was just terribly acted, it reminded me of some of the acting from those old horror movies that I'd watched. I nearly burst out laughing.

All and all I don't think I'll be spending anymore time with this series.
The camp scene was fine. It sets up well because there is just some things you don't do even in post apocalyptic zombie horror, which is sleep with your friend and co-workers wife after you just left him for dead a month earlier.
Old 11-01-2010, 03:52 PM   #57
the crispy badger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

really enjoyed it being a hardcore zombie junkie..and apprently the rating are through the roof for it! hopefully it stays as fun and intense as the first episode.
Old 11-01-2010, 04:11 PM   #58
Stranger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I think he didn't ask any questions because like other zombie movies the writers have many hours to explain the plot rather than an hour and a half. It will come.

Sunday is now my must watch TV night with this and Boardwalk Empire.
The Following User Says Thank You to Stranger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-01-2010, 04:29 PM   #59
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

I loved it. I also had a zombie dream last night ... so I wasn't too keen on that.
Old 11-01-2010, 05:56 PM   #60
Antithesis
Disenfranchised

Exp:

Apparently it pulled a 3.3 rating last night which is pretty amazing for a cable series ... pretty close (if not better) than True Blood ever did, and almost 4 times the highest-ever rating for Mad Men.
Closed Thread

Tags
brains! , i ate your momma , zombies