Edit wrong thread sorry
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 10:53 AM   #22
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
Probably not going to bother this go around with the trip to Comic-Con later this year. Looks like lots of tickets still available if I change my mind at the last minute though.

You mean the misaligned bullet point thing?

I think it's a 2013 movie that Katee Sackhoff did.

http://calgaryexpo.com/2016/calgary-...hmoh-penikett/
Oh that terrible thing with the girl from Doctor Who. It was an interesting premise but the end fell flat.
Old 04-27-2016, 12:36 PM   #23
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

They just announced that Clark Gregg (Coulson) is doing a Friday only stint this year.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:03 PM   #24
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Was he supposed to do more or is he a new addition?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2016, 04:40 PM   #25
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Was he supposed to do more or is he a new addition?
Just announced new addition.
Old 04-29-2016, 07:58 AM   #26
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quite busy yesterday for a Thursday.

Very disappointed to find out that the deluxe pass is a total ripoff and a joke. Apparently they oversell them and under stock the "free" swag you have to go claim from the expo store. Both stores had huge hour or two hour long line ups and it looks like they closed with still a ton of people in line. I guess I was the only one who didn't know this. Now I have to show up super early and line up, so that I can use my early entry to get in and go line up at the store and hope there is anything left. Ugh.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 09:00 AM   #27
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

I went yesterday to look for VR stuff. Didn't see any!
The Following User Says Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-29-2016, 09:43 AM   #28
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
Quite busy yesterday for a Thursday.

Very disappointed to find out that the deluxe pass is a total ripoff and a joke. Apparently they oversell them and under stock the "free" swag you have to go claim from the expo store. Both stores had huge hour or two hour long line ups and it looks like they closed with still a ton of people in line. I guess I was the only one who didn't know this. Now I have to show up super early and line up, so that I can use my early entry to get in and go line up at the store and hope there is anything left. Ugh.
Are the freebies something you actually want? Or just want cause they are free? For me, I'd want the pass to get in an hour early each day with almost no waiting lineup to do so (Show up at 12:10, and anyone early entry folks should either be already in or almost gone), as that'd be worth the extra $30. The...freebies aren't usually awesome, either.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:13 PM   #29
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Just to follow up yhe freebies are good. Poe Dameron exclusive variant, shirt, water bottle, $20 credit which I used towards the $25 art book.

I got in early and went straight to store and it was good. Sounds like only crazy sizes are hard to get or run out. Like xxxl. Whoever was complaining to me yesterday was maybe exaggerating. I can confirm the lineup was massive yesterday at 5pm. Like an hour long at least. I was super early and was one of the first people in and first to store. Got my stuff no problem.
Old 04-29-2016, 02:51 PM   #30
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

This year's variant is pretty cool. The writer of Poe's series (Charles Soule) is also at the Expo, so a chance for an autograph or something in the limited variant.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2016, 06:51 PM   #31
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Got some autographs from Dave Johnson today. Love his 100 Bullets and Deadpool covers.

Saw Clark Gregg and the Shat. Both were good. Gregg was very personable and Shatner was his usual self. Funny, but self serving, good story teller.
Old 04-29-2016, 10:21 PM   #32
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Garett Wang actually has a table in the back this year. He didn't have to pay for his own table in the exhibition hall with the other vendors LOL.

Line Ups I saw while walking around the back (stars represent people waiting in line)
Robert Duncan McNeill ************************************************** ***
Connor Trinneer *
Garett Wang ***

Seriously?!
Old 04-29-2016, 10:47 PM   #33
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Are you surprised Tom Paris is popular?
Old 04-30-2016, 12:57 AM   #34
craigwd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Garett Wang actually has a table in the back this year. He didn't have to pay for his own table in the exhibition hall with the other vendors LOL.

Line Ups I saw while walking around the back (stars represent people waiting in line)
Robert Duncan McNeill ************************************************** ***
Connor Trinneer *
Garett Wang ***

Seriously?!
Garrett's had his own table for a couple of years now, IIRC.
Granted he comes every year so I assume most people have his autograph. This is the first year in a long time RDM has done the convention circuit.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2016, 02:06 AM   #35
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just to follow up the freebies are good. Poe Dameron exclusive variant, shirt, water bottle, $20 credit which I used towards the $25 art book.

I got in early and went straight to store and it was good. Sounds like only crazy sizes are hard to get or run out. Like xxxl. Whoever was complaining to me yesterday was maybe exaggerating. I can confirm the lineup was massive yesterday at 5pm. Like an hour long at least. I was super early and was one of the first people in and first to store. Got my stuff no problem.
So...do you think that the Deluxe pass is still "a total ripoff and a joke", then?

I am really curious, because opinion on them really seems to run hot or cold, no in-between. Especially since, speaking to your earlier "oversell" comment...they will sell as many Deluxe passes as the Expo would hold of patrons, if they could. There is no cap on the sales of the pass. All it really does is get you the hour early entry, and a shot at some "first come, first serve" freebies.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 04-30-2016 at 02:26 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 08:06 AM   #36
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
So...do you think that the Deluxe pass is still "a total ripoff and a joke", then?

I am really curious, because opinion on them really seems to run hot or cold, no in-between. Especially since, speaking to your earlier "oversell" comment...they will sell as many Deluxe passes as the Expo would hold of patrons, if they could. There is no cap on the sales of the pass. All it really does is get you the hour early entry, and a shot at some "first come, first serve" freebies.
Good question. I'm a little chapped that I had to show up super early yesterday. I lined up at 1115am for our noon entry. All so that I could run to the store to claim my stuff.

I did not go back near either store location but I imagine it was line up like crazy yesterday too.

The early entry was nice. I liked being able to shop in relative peace and quiet.

I'd say it isn't a total joke but I am not a fan of the fact that they clearly oversell it. I won't be doing it again. It just wasn't worth it.

If I got caught in another hour long line up to claim my stuff I'd still be pissed.
Old 04-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #37
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I did not go back near either store location but I imagine it was line up like crazy yesterday too.

The early entry was nice. I liked being able to shop in relative peace and quiet.
The stores weren't. They were busy for about the first hour...maybe hour and a half. And just 'busy', not slammed (like on Thursday). Then they were pretty empty. I wandered by both about a dozen times. They stores have slowed down enough that they are now consolidating the two into one for the rest of the show. The Expo merch is nice, but people aren't there for it unless it's free (it seems).

To me, It's worth it for the early entry alone. The four hours early I get (going each day, if I do) is worth a lot more to me than the $30 of the pass' cost.

As mentioned before, the Expo would sell a Deluxe pass to every person on that ground if they could. The draw is the early entry, the freebies are just a nice "maybe perk" to go along with it.

Last edited by WhiteTiger; 04-30-2016 at 10:07 AM.
Old 04-30-2016, 11:20 AM   #38
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

The waits in Calgary are pretty tame if you compare them against the bigger Comic or gaming conventions. Though they generally don't have a more expensive access pass option.

There isn't much in the way of exclusives (or any at all) in Calgary. The big ones will often have convention exclusives that people actively plan and hunt for that flip easily on ebay for a lot of dough.

The celeb fast pass would be pretty decent if you were going on an autograph binge certainly.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2016, 03:33 PM   #39
Cecil Terwilliger

Exp:

Stan Lee panel was awesome. Busiest panel I've ever seen. Busier than game of thrones or any Star Trek panel I've ever been to.

God he's amazing. He's flipping hilarious still.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 05-01-2016, 07:53 PM   #40
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Stan Lee was fantastic
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote