Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2024, 11:03 AM   #3741
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by timun View Post
<trivia nerd>

At first it was only Shatner and Nimoy who received credits in the opening titles. DeForest Kelley's credit as Dr. McCoy was added in the second season.

</trivia nerd>

But yeah, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei and Walter Koenig's credits only appeared at the end, under a "featuring" or "with" title card and listed among the episode's guest performers. And they didn't get credit in episodes they didn't appear in. (Nor did Kelley in the handful of first-season episodes he didn't appear in.) Doohan and Nichols were in most of them save about 10-15, Takei missed a bunch in the second season due to leaving to film The Green Berets, and Koenig obviously didn't join the cast until the second season but was only in about 3/4 of the episodes from that point onward. Majel Barrett received the same level of credit for her performances as Chapel (for a couple dozen episodes), as did Grace Lee Whitney in the few episodes she appeared in at the beginning of the series (before her character was unceremoniously written out of the show).

We tend to remember the show being more of an ensemble cast, and it still was I think, but Shatner, Nimoy and Kelley were the only "starring" regulars.
Could you imagine if everyone in this thread just got together and rented out a Bar for a Star Trek Trivia Night?

Serving Romulan Ale and Klingon Blood wine?

They would shut us down.

"Sorry boys (because like there would be any women) but sorry boys, this is just...this is too much. Move along."

I dont know who 'they' might be, whether its the Police or some independent service our wives hired, but 'they' would shut us right the hell down.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-12-2024, 11:06 AM   #3742
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
It's really interesting too that in Season 1 a lot of promo images had Spock, Kirk, and Rand together.
Yeah, the early ones featured Whitney heavily.
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2024, 01:15 PM   #3743
Ped
First Line Centre

Exp:

There used to be this guy on CityTV in Toronto with a very deep voice - Mark Dailey. He used to intros to movies and I remember one night Star Trek VI was going to air and I wanted to watch it, so as I'm watching the credits of whatever was on before, Mark Dailey comes on (or his voice) and says,

"Coming up next, Start Trek VI, the Undiscovered Country, and for all you Trekkies out there, that would be a woman."
Ped is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2024, 12:24 AM   #3744
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can we please launch jj Abrams into the sun. He has been an overall negative influence on star trek and star wars. He's approaching kutzman levels of trek malfeasance.
Old 04-13-2024, 12:38 AM   #3745
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Can we please launch jj Abrams into the sun. He has been an overall negative influence on star trek and star wars. He's approaching kutzman levels of trek malfeasance.
Launch him into the Genesis planet and then have a Search for him.

"Dammit Jim...it looks like his torpedo coffin had a hole in it! This is all sorts of grim!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 04-13-2024, 04:31 AM   #3746
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was announced on Friday that even though season 3 isn't expected to premiere until early next year, Paramount has already ordered a 4th season of Strange New Worlds.

They also announced that the next (5th) season of Lower Decks will be its last. It's expected to be released this fall.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:32 AM   #3747
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
It was announced on Friday that even though season 3 isn't expected to premiere until early next year, Paramount has already ordered a 4th season of Strange New Worlds.

They also announced that the next (5th) season of Lower Decks will be its last. It's expected to be released this fall.
Great news about SNW! But...really? Lower Decks wont even get a 7 season run?

I am sad to see Lower Decks go.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 01:13 PM   #3748
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Could you imagine if everyone in this thread just got together and rented out a Bar for a Star Trek Trivia Night?

Serving Romulan Ale and Klingon Blood wine?

They would shut us down.

"Sorry boys (because like there would be any women) but sorry boys, this is just...this is too much. Move along."

I dont know who 'they' might be, whether its the Police or some independent service our wives hired, but 'they' would shut us right the hell down.
I will drive to Calgary for this event.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2024, 01:16 PM   #3749
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hopefully Lower Decks is done because they're giving McMahan something even bigger to work on... he deserves it.
The Following User Says Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 01:41 PM   #3750
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

This definitely seems like an event meant for Vulcan. Drink a small town dry!
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 02:15 PM   #3751
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Noted. For...future reference.

Quote:
Hopefully Lower Decks is done because they're giving McMahan something even bigger to work on... he deserves it.
I get the sneaking suspicion and, this is based on nothing but sheer speculation, that Tawny Newsome is being tasked with writing on the new Starfleet Academy show and Jack Quaid is a busy man at the moment.

Where that leaves McMahan? That I dont know.

But there has to be something more. This show hit it out of the park, I cant envision that they're just going to think: "Yeah, thats good enough" and then let everyone walk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
This definitely seems like an event meant for Vulcan. Drink a small town dry!
Did you ever do that in University? I did it a couple times and it was a blast. But....yes. I agree with this.

You can't drive home! Oh yeah?!? Calgary! Warp 5!

"A group of allegedly drunken Star Trek fans were arrested early this morning in Vulcan for stealing the town's Enterprise statue and allegedly attempting to warp themselves back to Calgary. More news as it comes in."

Allegedly.

"If we put wheels on it and use Oars we can row ourselves home! Whaddya mean 'license and registration?' Nobody ever asked Kirk for his license and registration!!"

Old 04-15-2024, 03:58 PM   #3752
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Noted. For...future reference.

I get the sneaking suspicion and, this is based on nothing but sheer speculation, that Tawny Newsome is being tasked with writing on the new Starfleet Academy show and Jack Quaid is a busy man at the moment.

Where that leaves McMahan? That I dont know.

But there has to be something more. This show hit it out of the park, I cant envision that they're just going to think: "Yeah, thats good enough" and then let everyone walk.

Did you ever do that in University? I did it a couple times and it was a blast. But....yes. I agree with this.

"A group of allegedly drunken Star Trek fans were arrested early this morning in Vulcan for stealing the town's Enterprise statue and allegedly attempting to warp themselves back to Calgary. More news as it comes in."

Allegedly.

"If we put wheels on it and use Oars we can row ourselves home! Whaddya mean 'license and registration?' Nobody ever asked Kirk for his license and registration!!"

Ha ha... wait. Did we go to university together?
Old 04-15-2024, 04:09 PM   #3753
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait are we stealing the Enterprise and taking it to the Genesis planet?
Old 04-15-2024, 04:24 PM   #3754
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
We could take it to Little Bow and see if it floats?

"Are those guys paddling the Enterprise into the middle of the lake? How drunk are they?"

Old 04-15-2024, 04:25 PM   #3755
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Have you ever been to the Visitor's centre in Vulcan? I have 'Spock Ears' from there.

Old 04-15-2024, 04:27 PM   #3756
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ha ha... wait. Did we go to university together?
Did you go to U of C? I did the 'drink a small town dry' thing a couple times.

Old 04-15-2024, 04:29 PM   #3757
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Or, "How can you have a Yellow Alert in Vulcan?"
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to timun For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2024, 09:33 PM   #3758
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Allegedly.

No, during university I never did anything fun like that. I might have been broke too, and also didn’t really know the cool engineers that well.

Funny that many things we thought were unique to our schools were so widespread. Like pi day, e-plant, Godiva rides… every other university was doing it too. Kind of feels lame now looking back.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 06:44 AM   #3759
SutterBrother
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Geneshish allowed is not! Is planet forbidden!
SutterBrother is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SutterBrother For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2024, 10:51 AM   #3760
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
No, during university I never did anything fun like that. I might have been broke too, and also didn’t really know the cool engineers that well.

Funny that many things we thought were unique to our schools were so widespread. Like pi day, e-plant, Godiva rides… every other university was doing it too. Kind of feels lame now looking back.
I knew all the 'Cool Engineers.'

It was a really short list, to the uninitiated it could even have been mistaken for a completely blank page.