Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-15-2012, 09:40 AM   #21
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Love the new physics engine. If Connected Careers are as good as they sound, this should be a fantastic game. Still don't understand why they won't bring back Owner Mode.
rubecube is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:15 AM   #22
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What about play action? Do you get sacked while your turning around for the fake hand off?
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #23
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Anyone else play the vita version? I'm not sure what to think, I feel like its just Madden 12 with decent graphics, it looks pretty great for a handheld

I'm gonna have to try the ps3 version when I get home today, it sounds as though its made some big improvements. I'd prefer to get it on the vita but it depends if its much of a downgrade from the ps3 version

Does anyone know what the differences between the two are gonna be? Will the vita be missing any game mode types? Its seems like it doesn't have any upgraded physics, seemed the same as Madden 12 to me in the game I played
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:17 AM   #24
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

From what I have read the Vita version is more like Madden 12.5, some improvements but not nearly all the improvements in the versions for the main systems.

I can not confirm but I think Ultimate Team may be the only major game mode missing from the Vita version as well, I did not see it on the EA Sports website for the Vita version.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:19 PM   #25
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ill have to read up on it. Ill almost exclusively only play Franchise mode and maybe some online. If franchise mode is as fleshed out as the ps3 version and isn't missing many features ill get it for vita for sure

One minor thing that bugged me was that the players names kind of lagged behind when the players moved, ot didn't look very polished. I'm sure that'll be fixed though

Honestly, ill probably buy both versions at some point
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 01:39 PM   #26
Notorious Honey Badger
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Franchise mode might be interesting if it contains a more league wide focus. in game score updates showing scoring plays (this was on xbox 1 for 2k5 how is this not on 360?) and if players aren't idiots that make it hard to stay under the cap then sure. ill give it a try.
Notorious Honey Badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 03:02 PM   #27
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteLFan View Post
What about play action? Do you get sacked while your turning around for the fake hand off?
You can cancel out of the play action now to escape pressure by pressing the sprint button.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 08:58 PM   #28
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Pretty fun so far the passing is better.

I hate how phill simms keeps giving away my defensive calls though.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:42 PM   #29
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the franchise modes in these games, Madden 12 however pissed me off with it. For instance I hate going thru the workouts to unlock ratings....so last years game was really annoying when the guy projected as a top 5 pick was a total bum. I really hope they fix that...I think 11 was the one where you just had to scout the spider web and draft according to that and I loved that.

If anyone wants to buy my Madden 12 for PS3 let me know. Won't be asking for much.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #30
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
I love the franchise modes in these games, Madden 12 however pissed me off with it. For instance I hate going thru the workouts to unlock ratings....so last years game was really annoying when the guy projected as a top 5 pick was a total bum. I really hope they fix that...I think 11 was the one where you just had to scout the spider web and draft according to that and I loved that.

If anyone wants to buy my Madden 12 for PS3 let me know. Won't be asking for much.
Really? I loved the scouting system from last year. Drafting in 11 was way too easy.
Old 08-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #31
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

IGN is having a livestream of Madden today at 3:30 PST.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2012/08/2...-madden-nfl-13
Old 08-22-2012, 02:33 PM   #32
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

What is a live stream ?
Old 08-22-2012, 02:46 PM   #33
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What is a live stream ?
I imagine they'll be demoing the game and streaming the video feed over the internet...?
Old 08-23-2012, 09:39 PM   #34
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Got Madden in my hands so if you guys have any questions let me know. Be able to answer them tomorrow evening.
Old 08-23-2012, 09:54 PM   #35
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joborule View Post
Got Madden in my hands so if you guys have any questions let me know. Be able to answer them tomorrow evening.
What's the difference between the demo and actual game as far as the game play. The magical interceptions the CPU makes is still annoying.
Old 08-24-2012, 07:15 AM   #36
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Having played NCAA since it came out, I am having trouble getting used to the Madden game. Madden is a big time improvement it sems, just need more time with it.

I'll be d/l'ing the entire game tonight at 6:00pm sharp, along with a million others, wonder how long it will take?

Can't wait to get my hands on the Pats and throw it all over the place!

BTW, playbooks for all the teams are out here:

http://apps.facebook.com/maddennflplaybooks/
Old 08-24-2012, 03:09 PM   #37
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What's the difference between the demo and actual game as far as the game play. The magical interceptions the CPU makes is still annoying.
What do you mean? Like super fast reactive picks? I haven't seen interceptions yet that made me go wtf.
Old 08-24-2012, 03:40 PM   #38
secol
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

maybe it's because i haven't played madden in a while but i'm having trouble stretching the field which is to be expected but still frustrating. good at short/intermediates and runs though which is great
secol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 09:16 AM   #39
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The play book looks the exact same as last year.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:32 AM   #40
RedMile34
Draft Pick

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a spot in Calgary that is doing a midnight release for Madden 13? I don't want to have to wait that extra 10 hours to start playing!
RedMile34 is offline   Reply With Quote