Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-15-2013, 11:18 AM   #1
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default NCAA Frozen Four free agents/undrafted players

I've been re-watching a few of the Frozen Four games on the PVR, mostly with an interest in watching how Agostino & Hanowski played, and also having a look at some potential free agents and undrafted NCAA guys.

In the Yale/UMass-L semi-final last week 4 players really stood out:

-Ken Agostino was a major factor all game. Smart & fast
-Andrew Miller, RW the most talented offensively on the ice. Under-sized (5'9") playmaker. MVP for the tourney
-Jeff Malcolm is a very, very solid goalie. Good lateral movement, positioning and seems very cool and calm.
-Jake Suter 22 year-old sophomore, undrafted stay-at-home D at UMass-Lowell. Son of Gary. Steady, rock-solid, calm and cool. Limited offensively.

Given his pedigree & a lack of similar players in our prospect pool I would be keeping an eye on Suter & offering him a contract at the end of his college career. Miller, at the very least, will become a leading scorer in the AHL. Malcolm is worth keeping an eye on as well. Couldn't hurt to bolster our goalie prospects pool with another pro prospect for next year.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameZilla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-15-2013, 12:45 PM   #2
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

How did Langiere look?
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo45 View Post
How did Langiere look?
Skilful, scored a goal.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 AM   #4
Francis's Hairpiece
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

How is Suter's physical game? I see you mentioned stay at home. Does he hit or ride guys out of the play and use his stick?
Old 04-16-2013, 12:16 PM   #5
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francis's Hairpiece View Post
How is Suter's physical game? I see you mentioned stay at home. Does he hit or ride guys out of the play and use his stick?
I noticed him because he wears number 28 & reminds me of Robyn Regehr. He's only 6' but he looks big & solid and he really leans into guys. Good skater. Just totally reliable & strong in the game I saw, and I've since seen lots of positive scouting reports on him. No frills, mr dependable, crease-clearing S-A-H defenceman.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameZilla For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2013, 12:30 PM   #6
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameZilla View Post
In the Yale/UMass-L semi-final last week 4 players really stood out:

-Ken Agostino was a major factor all game. Smart & fast
-Andrew Miller, RW the most talented offensively on the ice. Under-sized (5'9") playmaker. MVP for the tourney
-Jeff Malcolm is a very, very solid goalie. Good lateral movement, positioning and seems very cool and calm.
-Jake Suter 22 year-old sophomore, undrafted stay-at-home D at UMass-Lowell. Son of Gary. Steady, rock-solid, calm and cool. Limited offensively.
Kenny Agostino said today that he plans to stay at Yale for his senior season. The junior forward, traded just before the NCAA regionals from Pittsburgh to Calgary as part of the Jarome Iginla trade, considered his pro options but will finish his education. It's huge for the Bulldogs, who certainly plan on being there to defend their NCAA title.

Seniors Andrew Miller and Antoine Laganiere are expected to sign NHL deals within the next 24 hours. Both have multiple offers and are close to a decision, having narrowed their choices down to a couple of teams each. Miller, according to a source, is down to two teams.

Goalie Jeff Malcolm may also get some NHL attention after his performance in the NCAA tournament, though, as of Tuesday morning, didn't have any offers.

http://nhrcollegehockey.blogspot.co....ew-miller.html
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post: