NCAA Stats:
2009/10 38GP 8G 6A 14P +7
2010/11 38GP 11G 11A 22P +2
2011/12 36GP 13G 11A 24P -13
2012/13 28GP 12G 9A 21P +2

http://lacrossetribune.com/sports/nh...871e3ce6c.html

Sounds like the Hawks are interested in him:
Quote:
“I think the biggest thing for Eriah is consistency and proving he can do it on an everyday basis,” Jutting said. “He’s definitely taken another step this season. He’s such a big, physical kid, but he’s so athletic. I think he’s still in the development stage and his best hockey is still ahead of him.”

Hayes knows he will have to do a lot of dirty work if he makes it to the pros. He’ll have to live in front of the net and in the corners. He might even have to fight.

“(The Blackhawks) talked to me about the role I’d be playing: a third-line kind of a grinder, someone that’s going to have to have a lot of hits every night and play that big guy role, maybe fight here and there.”

Hayes said he would accept that job, even the fighting, which is an aspect of the pro game that has come under scrutiny in recent years.

He leads the Mavericks in penalties (22) and penalty minutes (69) this season.
“I’m going to do whatever it takes to get to the next level,” said Hayes, who missed two games this past October with a mild concussion. “So if someone’s telling me I’ve got to be an energy guy, hitting people, maybe fight, I’m going to be OK with that.”
Quote:
“He deserves a lot of credit for what he’s done,” the scout said. “I admire him because of his willingness to compete. He works like a son of a gun, and he tries his best every time he’s on the ice. The thing for us is maybe his puckhandling skills and hockey sense may not be way up there, but some guys are going to make it that don’t have that because they work so hard; that’s how they do it.”

The scout said Hayes’ size is a plus factor, along with his willingness to use it.
“He’s aggressive, he’s not afraid to go into the corner and bang and whatever it takes. He competes. He works his (butt) off and the questionables are the skating, the speed and puck skills and hockey sense.”
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 11:31 AM   #2
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

the questionables are the skating, the speed and puck skills and hockey sense

those are big 'questionables'
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Canada 02 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 01:59 PM   #3
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canada 02 View Post
the questionables are the skating, the speed and puck skills and hockey sense

those are big 'questionables'

yup especially when you consider how much emphasis the Flames are now putting on hockey sense in scouting players. Also keep in mind that scouting report is a year old and he may have improved in those areas.

I think what is getting teams excited about Hayes is his physicality and using his size to his advantage. Perhaps a reasonable expectation is for him to have a career similar to Tim Jackman.
The Following User Says Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2013, 02:30 PM   #4
Pierre "Monster" McGuire
Franchise Player

Exp:

So far, out of the college free agents you've posted SureLoss, I'm most interested in Schmidt. Seems like he could be one hell of a player.
Pierre "Monster" McGuire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #5
kirant
Franchise Player

Exp:

How does Hayes compare to Anders Lee? It seems less and less likely that Lee will sign with the Islanders, but they sound like similar players. Lee seems to have great offensive skill (especially on a Notre Dame team that struggles to score goals) while Hayes is a bigger, meaner man.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
ricoFlame
Franchise Player

Exp:

Minnesota State...not Michigan State.
ricoFlame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 09:30 AM   #7
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Signed by SJ:
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie 1m SJ signs UFA Eriah Hayes. RW had 20 goals for Minnesota State in senior year. Two-year deal, two-way, not entry level. Too old, 25 in July.
Old 04-07-2013, 11:04 AM   #8
Canada 02
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pierre Mcguire just said the Sharks signed Rylan Schwartz as well. He's a player the Flames have reportedly tried to sign last year
Canada 02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 07:57 AM   #9
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The Flames don't seem to be too good as this....
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:22 AM   #10
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would think that a lot of these college guys just don't exposed to the Calgary market that much, whereas teams like Detroit, Tampa, etc. are all much more connected to the average NCAA player in terms of name value. Calgary doesn't have that quite yet. Big names in NCAA might be more comfortable with the aforementioned destinations.

Although Justin Schultz did sign in Edmonton, so you never know. Maybe he was drunk.
Muta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #11
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
I would think that a lot of these college guys just don't exposed to the Calgary market that much, whereas teams like Detroit, Tampa, etc. are all much more connected to the average NCAA player in terms of name value. Calgary doesn't have that quite yet. Big names in NCAA might be more comfortable with the aforementioned destinations.

Although Justin Schultz did sign in Edmonton, so you never know. Maybe he was drunk.
Tambellini and Lowe promised a circle jerk with RNH/Hall/Yakupov/Eberle. Schultz couldn't say no.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 04-09-2013, 05:51 AM   #12
Flame19,289
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

As per the Schenectady Gazette, Union College goaltender Troy Grosenick will forego his senior year and has signed a three year entry-level contract with San Jose. He will join the Sharks at training camp in September.

http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2013/apr/08/1446/

The print version of the story indicates that his decision came down to a choice between San Jose and Edmonton.

Last edited by Flame19,289; 04-09-2013 at 07:58 AM.
Flame19,289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:42 AM   #13
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

3 decent signings for SJ in 48 hours
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote