Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum

Old 04-21-2017, 10:21 AM   #201
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsYcNeT View Post
This thread is a black mark on this website good lord.
why
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:24 AM   #202
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
why
The slander being thrown at Henderson is unbelievable.

Barring the typical and sadly expected "Dr. CalgaryPuck MD" arm-chair diagnosis garbage, there are numerous posters here that are disparaging a guy who was inexcusably sucker-cross-checked from behind while on skates.

The lack of empathy and the tribalism (around goddamn Wideman of all people) is galling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:29 AM   #203
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Barring the typical and sadly expected "Dr. CalgaryPuck MD" arm-chair diagnosis garbage, there are numerous posters here that are disparaging a guy who was inexcusably sucker-cross-checked from behind while on skates.

The lack of empathy and the tribalism (around goddamn Wideman of all people) is galling.
Steve Moore deserved it.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #204
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Are fans not supposed to support a player if he's bad?

I really don't think there is a lot of "Dr. CalgaryPuck MD" going on in this thread. No more than you'd see on any other forum. It does not seem out of line to discuss that Henderson's list of injuries seems a little excessive for the action.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:40 AM   #205
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:

What did he think was going to happen going with a massive number and damages list like this?

He wants to get paid, good for him. I'm sure he doesn't care that a bunch of the fans of the team he's suing for millions is calling BS.

You're over reacting.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:46 AM   #206
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I'm much less inclined to support Henderson's suit because his is a freak injury, not the result of some malicious intentionally violent act.

Now whether this lawsuit is just a normal part of the insurance process or whether he truly is trying to blame Wideman and the Flames for his unfortunate accident is another question.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #207
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
What did he think was going to happen going with a massive number and damages list like this?

He wants to get paid, good for him. I'm sure he doesn't care that a bunch of the fans of the team he's suing for millions is calling BS.

You're over reacting.
I'm just sitting here, bowled over with fremdschämen.

Ya'll are gross.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:50 AM   #208
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post

You're over reacting.
You haven't read many Statement of Claim(s) for injuries have you.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:54 AM   #209
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I'm much less inclined to support Henderson's suit because his is a freak injury, not the result of some malicious intentionally violent act.

Now whether this lawsuit is just a normal part of the insurance process or whether he truly is trying to blame Wideman and the Flames for his unfortunate accident is another question.
And here is where I think the majority of the vitriol is coming from. If the Flames weren't specifically named in this suit I believe this thread would have a much different tone. People are taking it as an attack on the Flames and reacting as such.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:55 AM   #210
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
And here is where I think the majority of the vitriol is coming from. If the Flames weren't specifically named in this suit I believe this thread would have a much different tone. People are taking it as an attack on the Flames and reacting as such.
It doesn't surprise me at all that he named the Flames.

Is there a full copy of the SOC anywhere on line?

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 10:57 AM   #211
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
Except that's part and parcel as to how these suits are usually launched. It sucks but people need to take a breather and realize they don't have to piss in the face of an unjustly injured man because he's doing exactly what 99% of all people in a similar situation have done or would do.

Quote:
Old 04-21-2017, 10:58 AM   #212
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Except that's part and parcel as to how these suits are usually launched. It sucks but people need to take a breather and realize they don't have to piss in the face of an unjustly injured man because he's doing exactly what 99% of all people in a similar situation have done or would do.
I really don't think many people are saying he wasn't unjustly injured, or that he is in the wrong. The amount he's asking for simply seems excessive. And that's standard, since it's unlikely he would be expecting to receive that amount. So how is it not fair to discuss that?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #213
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I agree. Sorry I wasn't defending them, far from it. Just saying I don't think Wideman has much to do with the gross response from a lot of people. Internet doctors and are gonna doctor but the hate is seeing the team named and getting their back up. Add in the persecution complex already rampant from the purported "Wideman effect" and it's not surprising.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #214
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I really don't think there is a lot of "Dr. CalgaryPuck MD" going on in this thread. No more than you'd see on any other forum. It does not seem out of line to discuss that Henderson's list of injuries seems a little excessive for the action.
This is stupid. It's not disputed (at least yet...) that he had to have surgery on his neck to repair the multiple ruptured disks as a result of the hit. Outside of his right knee, every other injury is a typical symptom of having that happen to your neck.
Quote:
I really don't think many people are saying he wasn't unjustly injured, or that he is in the wrong. The amount he's asking for simply seems excessive. And that's standard, since it's unlikely he would be expecting to receive that amount. So how is it not fair to discuss that?
There's a difference between the dollar amount discussion, and the argument that he's "exaggerating" his injury claims. Just read your post above, or see Dino's first post that was thanked by a ton of people sarcastically insulting Henderson.
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 11:02 AM   #215
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What you're saying is a measured take, and isn't what I'm railing against. It's more that reading through, the most "thanked" posts in this thread are typically those denigrating his character.

It's unflattering at best and down right Canucks-fan-esque at worst.

Quote:
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to PsYcNeT For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #216
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What you're saying is a measured take, and isn't what I'm railing against. It's more that reading through, the most "thanked" posts in this thread are typically those denigrating his character.

It seems likely that if this does go to court, that things like what dino7c posted will be considered by the defence.

Henderson, who was about to retire, suffered all these injuries, was able to finish the game, laughed it off with Wideman 5 minutes after, and now wants $10 million?

Now I'm not saying these things don't mean Henderson isn't entitled to some sort of compensation. But this is a message board where we discuss things.

Are you choosing to be offended? Is somebody forcing you to post?
Old 04-21-2017, 11:10 AM   #217
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Measured takes are for communists. Bring on the hot takes.
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM   #218
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think the majority of people don't think it was 100% intentional. If his 100% obvious that he seeked out an official to cross check him like that, then I would think he should be banned from hockey, and would have no problem with him being sued for all he's worth. I don't think the NHL concluded that it was 100% intentional, or his suspension would have been a lot worse. It was a tricky play though, I could see people think it was intentional, but I'm of the group that thinks he was a little groggy, saw someone in front of him at the last minute, didn't register who it was, and instinctively got his hands up and braced himself for impact.

I'm all for him being compensated for his injuries, but it seems like the league should be covering that. Suing individual players for getting hurt on ice is a bad precedent.
nfotiu is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 12:00 PM   #219
NuclearFart
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

CP's vitriol should be primarily directed at the lawyers for creating the absurd litigatious standard of exaggerated injuries with hyper inflated demands of financial compensation.

However Henderson isn't absolved from similar criticism and resultant questions of character, as he has consciously agreed to follow this path.

I've worked with WCB/post MVC patients and there is most definitely a tremendous amount of bullsh*t propagated by lawyers and their clients. The entire system is incentivised towards this.
NuclearFart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:04 PM   #220
Geeoff
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Henderson deserves to get paid but shouldn't the NHL be the ones to pay him?
Geeoff is offline   Reply With Quote