Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2016, 04:08 PM   #1
albertGQ
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default THN Future Watch 2016

I used to subscribe to THN but now only pick up two issues a year. The Future Watch & the Draft Preview.

It hasn't hit newstands yet but thought starting the thread now would garner good initial discussion.

Matt Larkin did reveal the top 10 movers and Jon Gillies was 4th. He went from unranked last year to 37th this year. This is a little surprise since he only played 7 games this season. He is actually ranked higher than the Pens Matt Murray who went from unranked to 39th this year. He is currently the Pens' back up goalie.

I don't know where Demko is rated yet but I would guess top 10. Will find out once I pick up my copy (hopefully this weekend if its available).

Last edited by albertGQ; 03-03-2016 at 04:11 PM.
albertGQ is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to albertGQ For This Useful Post:
Old 03-03-2016, 04:18 PM   #2
Buff
Franchise Player

Exp:

Interesting to hear about Gillies. Makes me excited to see what he can do in a couple of years. Still need to get something in the interim. Can't just wait until he is ready and then throw him to the wolves. He needs to develop and be brought along at a comfortable pace.

I've contemplated ending my subscription to THN too but then I'd forget to get the three or four issues I would want. The cost of convenience is good enough for me and not going to break my bank account.
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 05:02 PM   #3
Flames Draft Watcher
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertGQ View Post
Matt Larkin did reveal the top 10 movers and Jon Gillies was 4th. He went from unranked last year to 37th this year. This is a little surprise since he only played 7 games this season. He is actually ranked higher than the Pens Matt Murray who went from unranked to 39th this year. He is currently the Pens' back up goalie.
However in the year since last issue he also won the NCCA Championship in fine form. And in his 7 game year he had multiple shutouts in his first pro year. So that partially mitigates the surprise IMO. I think there were doubts about him after the WJCs the one year where he was meh, but his NCCA Championship and the start of his pro career have erased that IMO. Huge promise.
Flames Draft Watcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flames Draft Watcher For This Useful Post: