Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-14-2017, 01:08 PM   #4861
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Well, new power supply, motherboard, CPU and video card later, and I can now run Ghost Recon Wildlands and Battlefield 1 at Ultra instead of Low.

Such purddy games
You're so dead. Outofthecube is going to be furious with this post.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Coys1882 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2017, 01:09 PM   #4862
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
Lol. Wasn't my intention to start a console v PC debate, if that's what you mean. I'm just thrilled I get to play the latest games again
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 04-14-2017, 09:48 PM   #4863
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Whew.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmont...play-1.4070387

It was almost game over in Grande Prairie this week for a cosplay enthusiast.

Dressed as a character from Fallout, a popular post-apocalyptic video game series, the man walked down a street wearing a gas mask, helmet, armour and bullet belt.

At least eight officers responded with their long guns drawn. Photos show them crouched behind vehicles and bushes.
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 11:22 PM   #4864
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I gave these people their own thread and everything!

Looking to sell your old iPhone or get a great deal buying a new one? Check out Orchard
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 04-16-2017, 01:35 PM   #4865
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

So, Cosmic Star Heroine is finally out on PS4/PC and it is wonderful. A briskly paced throwback JRPG that feels like a cross between Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star.

Looking to sell your old iPhone or get a great deal buying a new one? Check out Orchard
Old 04-16-2017, 02:11 PM   #4866
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
So, Cosmic Star Heroine is finally out on PS4/PC and it is wonderful. A briskly paced throwback JRPG that feels like a cross between Chrono Trigger and Phantasy Star.
Oh, is that so?

Quote:
Cosmic Star Heroine Is Like A Cross Between Phantasy Star And Chrono Trigger
http://kotaku.com/cosmic-star-heroin...-st-1794262298

WE'VE DISCOVERED OOTC'S SECRET IDENTITY
If you were given the option to pay 45 cents to predict the outcome of a coin flip, and if correct in your prediction you win a dollar, you may lose 45 cents on the first try. You may even lose 90 cents after the second try. But if you keep betting, you'll end up ahead in the long term. This is the value of analytics. They do not describe destiny, only the likeliest result.
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #4867
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, I will admit it wasn't an entirely original thought. But it is totally on point and there's no better way to really describe it.

Old 04-16-2017, 04:26 PM   #4868
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The problem with that review is that it's basically "here's the battle mechanic". Which is like, 10% of the game, if it's worthy of any comparison to CT. What about the story? Are the characters compelling or interesting? Is it a worthwhile premise?
If you were given the option to pay 45 cents to predict the outcome of a coin flip, and if correct in your prediction you win a dollar, you may lose 45 cents on the first try. You may even lose 90 cents after the second try. But if you keep betting, you'll end up ahead in the long term. This is the value of analytics. They do not describe destiny, only the likeliest result.
Old 04-16-2017, 04:38 PM   #4869
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
If you haven't found this site, your wallet may hate you now.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/upcoming-releases
chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 10:47 AM   #4870
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well, it was twelve bucks, so I bought it, played it for an hour, and ahhh... nostalgia feels. The writing's pretty decent so far, though I have an issue with the storytelling already. Wonder how many hours of gameplay are in it?
Old 04-18-2017, 02:19 PM   #4871
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemgear View Post
If you haven't found this site, your wallet may hate you now.

https://limitedrungames.com/pages/upcoming-releases
That's cool for physical collectors but it's hard to justify when a lot of these are dirt cheap on the PS Store Digitally.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 12:31 AM   #4872
FireGilbert
First Line Centre

Exp:

I just got through Rise of the Tomb Raider. What a fun game. It was a good balance between the action of Uncharted and the exploration and leveling up of Far Cry, and it had a decent story with collectables that contributed to the plot. It was also beautiful looking and made me feel cold when Lara was walking through the snow.

Not sure what I'll play next. I'm 94% done Far Cry Primal so probably complete that, I still have the Witcher III expansions to do, and would like to try a speed run on Uncharted 4. I also want to buy Horizon Zero Dawn.
Old 04-19-2017, 08:12 AM   #4873
Flames89
First Line Centre

Exp:

Flames89 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 08:34 AM   #4874
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

If they're going to refuse to have a full single player story mode I'll have to skip this one as well. Why is updating the old game so difficult?
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ResAlien For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 08:39 AM   #4875
Superflyer
Close, but no banana.

Exp:

I'm waiting to see actual game footage on that Battlefront game. Also hoping they add in VR parts like they did for the first one. That VR part was awesome, just way to short
Superflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:04 AM   #4876
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireGilbert View Post
I just got through Rise of the Tomb Raider. What a fun game. It was a good balance between the action of Uncharted and the exploration and leveling up of Far Cry, and it had a decent story with collectables that contributed to the plot. It was also beautiful looking and made me feel cold when Lara was walking through the snow.

Not sure what I'll play next. I'm 94% done Far Cry Primal so probably complete that, I still have the Witcher III expansions to do, and would like to try a speed run on Uncharted 4. I also want to buy Horizon Zero Dawn.
Did you play the original Tomb Raider reboot? I bought Rise but I need to finish that before I go onto it. Some say its better.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 09:18 AM   #4877
Resolute 14
One of many who is too boring; thinks that there should be rules regarding grammar in custom user titles, and also makes moderators wonder if there is a charachter limit here. I mean come on- you would think that would be a limitation in the software

Exp:

I liked the story on the the first game better than the second, but both were pretty good.

Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 10:56 AM   #4878
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ResAlien View Post
If they're going to refuse to have a full single player story mode I'll have to skip this one as well. Why is updating the old game so difficult?
There is a single player story mode in Battlefront 2, but who knows how long it will be. Probably a game I will buy once it drops in price.

Fire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 06:44 AM   #4879
FireGilbert
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Did you play the original Tomb Raider reboot? I bought Rise but I need to finish that before I go onto it. Some say its better.
They are very similar games although I found Rise to be a slight improvement. They added some interesting game play features, there is greater weapon variety, and there is more to do in the open world including side missions, challenges, and numerous tombs to raid where solving the puzzles took some thought and felt rewarding. I'm definitely looking forward to the third game in the rebooted series.
Old 04-21-2017, 02:06 PM   #4880
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

New Call of Duty coming. Great name. Personally I'll wait for Call of Duty: WWII II