Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-10-2011, 03:15 PM   #21
Mass_nerder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Anyone know where I can grab some dove grey BMW E36 M3 seats? (Sedan)
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #22
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
I second this. The difference between a turbo Mazda 3 and a non turbo Mazda 3 is like night and day. The only drawback is it sucks up a bit more fuel, but that's a small price to pay (IMO of course).
Am I wrong in thinking it's sucking up more premium fuel?
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #23
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I have a question for mazda 3 owners. I have a 2006 gt hb and I believe I have tire problems that are causing it to shake. I am getting them checked out on monday. I did some googling and it seems that there were some engine mount recall problems from 06-08 that causes vibrating steering wheels from 85 kph plus has anyone had any problems with shaking?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:25 PM   #24
The Yen Man
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodFetish View Post
Am I wrong in thinking it's sucking up more premium fuel?
Oh yah, totally forgot about that. So yah, if you factor that in as well, it's actually quite a bit higher in gas prices. I guess it depends on what you want. The regular Mazda 3's are pretty good too, just noticably slower.
The Yen Man is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Yen Man For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 03:30 PM   #25
return to the red
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I have a 2008 sierra and when I turn the steering wheel it makes a whining sound (not whining but almost like a rubber rubbing rubber sound ya ya I get the jokes) it sounds like it's in the steering column. Cause for concern?
Old 06-10-2011, 03:34 PM   #26
BloodFetish
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Yen Man View Post
Oh yah, totally forgot about that. So yah, if you factor that in as well, it's actually quite a bit higher in gas prices. I guess it depends on what you want. The regular Mazda 3's are pretty good too, just noticably slower.
That would be some sticker shock the first time filling up at the pump

I've been wanting a Mazda 3 h/b as well and I've seen some tempting deals on the speeds, but since I commute to work I'd be poor in a hurry.
BloodFetish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:45 PM   #27
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mass_nerder View Post
Anyone know where I can grab some dove grey BMW E36 M3 seats? (Sedan)
Check the BMW forums.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:47 PM   #28
DigitalCarpenter
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryrocks View Post
I am looking at getting a mazda 3 h/b GS or GT, preferably a 2010. does anyone here have any stories to share about mazdas?
I have a 2010 HB GT fully loaded, I upgraded from the 2006 HB. It has all the electronic toys that I use alot - nav, bluetooth music/phone and sirius radio built in.

I love my car, super fun to drive and isn't terrible on gas - I get around 500km a tank on a 45 litre fill up in the city.

Speed 3 would be fun but way less practical. I drive it around for work and gas mileage is king.
DigitalCarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DigitalCarpenter For This Useful Post:
Old 06-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #29
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by return to the red View Post
So I have a 2008 sierra and when I turn the steering wheel it makes a whining sound (not whining but almost like a rubber rubbing rubber sound ya ya I get the jokes) it sounds like it's in the steering column. Cause for concern?
Check the power steering fluid, also could be the rubber bushing above the intermediate steering shaft. Mine has a clunk from the ISS, I just ignore it, doesnt harm anything just makes a bit of noise.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2011, 03:25 PM   #30
calgaryrocks
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

yea I looked at mazdaspeed 3 but the premium fuel and that it burns more would not be a good combo for commuting, a super fun car though. the speeds are awesome and i would get one if it was just a for fun second car etc, but that much hp is wasted sitting in city traffic everyday.
the rust is definitely a concern, but overall the mazda3 h/b seems to be better then the competitors in most categories. A lot of good cars out there though
Old 06-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #31
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bc-chris View Post
here's one...

the 'ceiling fabric' in my truck is letting go... does anyone know of a good product to use to 're-stick' it to the roof of the cab?

cheers
I had the same thing happen in my car a number of years ago - it can be a tricky thing to fix. Try finding an auto upholstery place.

I tried several cans of spray glue without any success- the cardboard part of the headliner was made with perforations in it so I sewed the headliner in.....the quilted roof it was cool.
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northendzone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2011, 11:20 AM   #32
woob
First Line Centre

Exp:

Opinions please - I've found a Escape which is priced reasonably and decent KMs. However, the CarProof report the dealer sent to me indicates an accident claim of Front Centre damage at $5000. I figure I can use this to possibly bargain the price lower, but I'd like some thoughts on whether I should avoid this vehicle or not. Any feedback on this would be appreciated and if you think it may be worth some consideration, what should I be looking for as a result of this collision?

Thanks!
woob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 11:22 AM   #33
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Really all the matters is frame damage and you would want to make sure there isn't any. My wife took out a snowbank this winter and it cost us 5000 to repair it. This was in a parking lot only going 15 kph. It does not take much for a repair to cost 5k with cars now a days since everything is plastic
Old 06-15-2011, 11:27 AM   #34
red sky
First Line Centre

Exp:

So I was looking at buying a new car from the States but they won't sell to Canadians if they do not have a US garage address.

I was on autotrader.ca and found a few dealerships in Manitoba that seems to import used US cars and sell them for decently cheap. I would only buy if there was cross boarder warranty (Nissan, Toyota, for example) and if it was a 2009 or newer. Has anyone ever done this before?

Last edited by red sky; 06-15-2011 at 11:32 AM.
red sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #35
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob View Post
Opinions please - I've found a Escape which is priced reasonably and decent KMs. However, the CarProof report the dealer sent to me indicates an accident claim of Front Centre damage at $5000.
Keep looking. Unless you can absolutely be sure that the damage was fixed correctly, it's not worth it. Find one that was not crashed. Yes there are vehicles that are perfectly fine after being repaired, but there are also others that end up giving you annoying and even expensive headaches down the road.

Things that can or are wrong can be, peeling paint (poor prep work) bad suspension or bad alignment (wears tires out faster) paint that fades at different rates, cracked radiator that shows up later, leaking A/C system, electrical problems, poor resale value etc.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 09:06 AM   #36
red sky
First Line Centre

Exp:

When buying a used car from a dealership, is it necessary to have an inspection done on it?
Old 06-23-2011, 10:34 AM   #37
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by red sky View Post
When buying a used car from a dealership, is it necessary to have an inspection done on it?
i would not say it is necessary, but i would recommend it - if you are serious about the vehicle.

we recently bought a 2008 ford edge from a dealer in strathmore - paid $100 to have it looked at by a blaskin and lane here in calgary. did it more for peace of mind and if something major had come up i would have considered using it as leverage or called it a show stopper and walked away.

it is not like they tore the car apart though so there could be something wrong interally that it not showing up just yet.
Northendzone is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Northendzone For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 11:07 AM   #38
zamler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Unless the car you're buying is not worth much, always get it inspected. Always. Especially from a dealer. You can also learn a great deal from the seller by judging their reaction to your request that you'd like a mechanic to look at the car before you buy.
zamler is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to zamler For This Useful Post:
Old 06-23-2011, 11:37 AM   #39
red sky
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
Unless the car you're buying is not worth much, always get it inspected. Always. Especially from a dealer. You can also learn a great deal from the seller by judging their reaction to your request that you'd like a mechanic to look at the car before you buy.
Thanks!

I guess there is no harm (besides the moola). So what is the best place to determine the book value? I tried Canadian Black Book but it was kind of a joke IMO. Any other free sites out there?
Old 06-23-2011, 12:22 PM   #40
Sliver
PC LOAD LETTER

Exp:

Quote:
Thanks!

I guess there is no harm (besides the moola). So what is the best place to determine the book value? I tried Canadian Black Book but it was kind of a joke IMO. Any other free sites out there?
Comparing it against similar cars for sale is a good start. What kind of car and what year? Maybe somebody on here could help.
Sliver is offline   Reply With Quote