Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2017, 06:47 AM   #2101
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I have to say... Okinawa is the BEST Pokémon place I've been. There is a Pokestop below my room and it is a spawn point.... for EVERYTHING. Cyndaquil, Totodile, dratini dragonaire, pineco, slugma, you name it, it appears here and in random Order!

Only things that don't show up much are Swinubs, drowsee, spinarak, etc... coming from Calgary i dont need those.

I told my wife that Okinawa myst be a vacation spot for Pokémon as well!
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to I_H8_Crawford For This Useful Post:
Old 04-17-2017, 05:57 PM   #2102
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Level 33 - 617,000/1,000,000

Pokedex 228

Houndoom (15 candy)
Ampharos (99 candy)
Slowking (King's Rock)
Unown
Miltank

Looks like the event ends today, so I got about 800,000 XP over the week. Not bad!

Last edited by malcolmk14; 04-20-2017 at 07:41 AM.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 09:46 AM   #2103
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Pokedex 215

Still Need:

Bayleef (4 candies)
Meganium (100 candies)
Typhosion (92 candies)
Togepi
Togetic
Flaaffy (19 candies)
Ampharos (100? Candies)
Unown
Forretress (17 candies)
Scizor (Metal coat and 10 candies)
Houndour
Houndoom
Porygon 2 (upgrade)
Militank
Blissey (3 candies)
Larvitar
Pupitar
Tyranitar

Last edited by You Need a Thneed; 04-18-2017 at 09:50 AM.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2017, 02:13 PM   #2104
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Funny that a couple of you guys need Houndoom. Didn't know it was that rare since I picked up several in Phoenix.

Walked up and down 17th before the game last night. Pretty fun getting Pokémon that you don't usually see around where we live, and fun being able to catch everything and also stocking up on balls with ease.

We managed to get into a gym that was level 5 red. We had to prestige it up, which was a bitch because the bottom Pokémon was a 2200ish Blissey. My 2600 Gyardos lasted until some time this morning.
Aegypticus is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-19-2017, 07:55 PM   #2105
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just hatched my second Chansey from one of the event eggs. This one is way better than my first one. IV 93% vs IV 80% one I had previously evolved already. Received 30 candies with the latest hatch. Would you guys save the candies to evolve another Blissey or use it to to power up they 80% Blissey?
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2017, 11:07 PM   #2106
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
Just hatched my second Chansey from one of the event eggs. This one is way better than my first one. IV 93% vs IV 80% one I had previously evolved already. Received 30 candies with the latest hatch. Would you guys save the candies to evolve another Blissey or use it to to power up they 80% Blissey?
I guess for me it would depend on the CP of the 80. If it's high enough to not be the bottom of a typical gym stack I think 2 Blisseys would be pretty swell. Hard for me to say for sure since I haven't done much gym battling.
Old 04-20-2017, 06:49 AM   #2107
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
I guess for me it would depend on the CP of the 80. If it's high enough to not be the bottom of a typical gym stack I think 2 Blisseys would be pretty swell. Hard for me to say for sure since I haven't done much gym battling.
CP 1900ish on the Blissey. I will probably walk the rest to get the second one up and going. Chansey are so rare though it will take forever to level them up.
Old 04-20-2017, 07:42 AM   #2108
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pokedex 229

Houndoom (15 candy)
Ampharos (99 candy)
Slowking (King's Rock)
Unown
Miltank

Looks like the event ends today, so I got about 800,000 XP over the week. Not bad!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to malcolmk14 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 08:53 AM   #2109
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post

Pokedex 229

Houndoom (15 candy)
Ampharos (99 candy)
Slowking (King's Rock)
Unown
Miltank

If you're near the SW, Garrison Green seems to be a Houndoom spawn point. Saw 3 this morning while walking the dog.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 09:41 AM   #2110
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
CP 1900ish on the Blissey. I will probably walk the rest to get the second one up and going. Chansey are so rare though it will take forever to level them up.
Maybe go with the powering up then? Not sure. I'm having a similar dilemma with my dratinis that I hatched during this event.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #2111
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Would not dust up Blissey. That's just me. Two 1900 Blissey better than one 2700 Blissey.
Definitely dust up Dragonites.
This strictly speaking from my own gym battling/defending perspective. I hate Blissey
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 04-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #2112
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm almost out of dust now anyways after leveling up my Snorlax, two Gyarados, Dragonites and Tyranitar. Only 75000 left. What is wrong with Blissey I thought Blissey were really good though as they have insane amounts of HP. Given the rate I find Chansey though it's likely I won't have enough to level both up.

Evolving a Dragonite is extremely frustrating sometimes when you get a bad moveset. Had a 91% high CP Dragonaire once lined up and ready to go and then I ended up with a Steel Wing/Hyper Beam Dragonite.
Old 04-20-2017, 11:11 AM   #2113
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

That's not a bad moveset. I got some with legacy movesets that are not good. Most important is high CP they have to put at/near top of gyms.
I'll take others to use as attackers almost every time.
Blissey is terrible to fight with. High HP and good moveset should make it a great attacker, but I often almost run out of time fighting with it. IA good Vape is a way better attacker and way easier to come by. Also hate that you will see people drop a Blissey at the bottom of a level 3 gym, making it way too tough to raise prestige. Hurts the people dropping it in because no one will try and raise it. Alround just disappointing, imo.
Old 04-20-2017, 03:01 PM   #2114
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Well, that was a very productive event for me. I started last Thursday at 20% of the way into 23, with 458,205 total exp gained. One week later I'm 25% into 29, with 1,732,887 total exp gained. My goal was to get as close to 30 as I could. I think I did pretty well.

I gained a total of 1,274,682 exp. I multiplied my all time exp by 2.8.

I guess what paid off for me was never having done any evolutions before. I had stopped playing when the last double exp event was out, so I didn't get anything done then. When I picked the game back up, I had regretted missing it, so I held out until another one came along. I'm glad it was now because I was prepared to hold out until th fall if I had to.
Old 04-20-2017, 05:47 PM   #2115
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

I used 2 lucky eggs for evolution sprees last night, didn't play a huge amount during the event, probably got about 300,000 XP during the week. 2/3 of the way through level 30 now.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:47 AM   #2116
InBurkeWeTrust
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

You don't really use Blissey to attack. They are used for defending in gyms

I gained about 800-850k this event, but I didn't really play a hell of a lot.

I knew some people that gained over 4.5million exp

Last edited by InBurkeWeTrust; 04-21-2017 at 10:51 AM.
InBurkeWeTrust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:42 PM   #2117
Flaming Choy
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So apparently they changed wild pokemon's stats. Before you'd catch the exact same stats are your friend. Now it's totally randomized (similar to shinys). Probably done to stop spoofers from collecting perfect IV pokemon.
Flaming Choy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flaming Choy For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 01:03 PM   #2118
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

So I use IVfly (used to be called IVstats) on android to check my mons IV%. I got a pop-up this morning that said

Quote:
You have received this message because our system detected behavior that suggests you are using unauthorized third-party applications.

If you have used such software, we strongly encourage you to stop immediately. Please note that use of such software is in violation of our Terms of Service and may result in your account being permanently terminated.
Anyone else had this message? Could the IVfly app be the cause of this message? What are other methods of determining IV%?
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 01:23 PM   #2119
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I use Poke Genie on iOS. It requires you to screenshot each of your Pokemon you want to evaluate and then it reads the position of the power arc vs your level and CP to determine IV. Then you can give it your appraisal info to narrow it down even further.

It doesn't give you a dead-on result for each stat every time, but it will give you the narrowest range it can. The best part I guess is that it doesn't interact directly with the game so you will never have any problems with getting banned or anything.
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 04-21-2017, 03:12 PM   #2120
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
So I use IVfly (used to be called IVstats) on android to check my mons IV%. I got a pop-up this morning that said

Anyone else had this message? Could the IVfly app be the cause of this message? What are other methods of determining IV%?
Did you log into your account with it? Regardless,stop using it or risk losing the account.
I just use pokeassistant.com if I want after first deciding to keep or throw just based on what appraisal says from team leader.