Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-21-2017, 09:09 AM   #481
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched it about 4 more times recently. It's so good.

Tarkin was robotic and emotionless in real life, so the CGI is not bad at all. I'd almost argue CGI Tarkin is better than real Tarkin, LoL.

I think the movie did a great job of showing how the struggle against the Empire is fought by a great many people who believe in freedom. Lack of character development is almost a feature of the movie because it highlights how everyday Joes are sacrificing themselves for the Cause. It's not just Skywalkers vs the Emperor.

I think it's better than TFA, but once Episode VIII comes out, it might tie off the loose ends of TFA and TFA becomes the better movie. It's exciting times.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #482
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CroFlames View Post
I watched it about 4 more times recently. It's so good.

Tarkin was robotic and emotionless in real life, so the CGI is not bad at all. I'd almost argue CGI Tarkin is better than real Tarkin, LoL.

I think the movie did a great job of showing how the struggle against the Empire is fought by a great many people who believe in freedom. Lack of character development is almost a feature of the movie because it highlights how everyday Joes are sacrificing themselves for the Cause. It's not just Skywalkers vs the Emperor.

I think it's better than TFA, but once Episode VIII comes out, it might tie off the loose ends of TFA and TFA becomes the better movie. It's exciting times.
I liked it because of the display of the overwhelming strength and resolve of the Empire itself. Lets be honest, the rebels really did get their butts completely kicked in that final battle. they got the plans but at a high price in terms of ships, and in terms of losing a command ship and their senior field leader.

The Empire was also willing to vaporize a massive and important base to kill the rebels, they also nuked a whole city full of civilians as a test.

As far as victory's go, it was a blood one, and if there was a sequel we'd probably see a rebellion that was on the verge of disintegrating.

I mean, sure the plans got out but the actual end result which was the death star was more due to incredible luck of the force then due to a weak empire. And in the end that battle again cost the Rebels probably most of their front line fighter forces, and a strategic base.

I also liked that it was pretty clear that Krennic, and Vader and Tarkin all talked a big game in terms of bringing peace and order to the galaxy, their actual real goal was trying to gain favor with the Emperor which was his real power.
Old 04-21-2017, 09:38 AM   #483
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I always look at lack of character development as a Star Wars trait, they were famous for showing a ton of different races/characters without even giving us a name (unless you delve into the literature).

Maybe they are thinking one of these times a Two Tubes or Big White Fury Guy will become the next Boba Fett.
Old 04-21-2017, 10:00 AM   #484
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I always look at lack of character development as a Star Wars trait, they were famous for showing a ton of different races/characters without even giving us a name (unless you delve into the literature).

Maybe they are thinking one of these times a Two Tubes or Big White Fury Guy will become the next Boba Fett.
Lol yes. Basically two truly interesting characters (Solo and OT Vader imo) in 8 movies worth of characters.
nik- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:32 PM   #485
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

How can you forget about the incredible Prune Face