Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2024, 02:53 PM   #681
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
The Habsburgs still exits, kind of? Austrian media probably doesn't care.
yeah, nobody gives a #### about them these days. Then again, we haven't been a monarchy in over 100 years, so hardly surprising.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:55 PM   #682
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

And frankly, I'm sick of the Royalty.

Come on, if the woman has cancer, yeah, she probably doesnt want to be paraded around in front of every asshat with a camera.

Whatever happened to a little common decency?

"She has cancer. Please respect her privacy and leave her alone."

If I had Cancer I wouldnt want every Paparazzi in England and Western Europe trying to snap photos of me post-chemo either.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 02:59 PM   #683
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

British media can't spell "decent", so there's your answer. Those people are the absolute worst and I'm convinced they will not shy away from anything.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:00 PM   #684
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThief View Post
We all need to rally around our beloved Royals at this time. I think I speak for all of us when I say we look to the Monarchy for strength and leadership and our nation continues to rely on their guiding spirit. They're dealing with so much now and they've always been here for us.

We're with you Kate, may you show the same dignity and determination our King has shown
King Charles is that you?
Old 03-22-2024, 03:01 PM   #685
MarchHare
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
We all need to rally around our beloved Royals at this time. I think I speak for all of us when I say we look to the Monarchy for strength and leadership and our nation continues to rely on their guiding spirit. They're dealing with so much now and they've always been here for us.

We're with you Kate, may you show the same dignity and determination our King has shown
Poe's Law?

This is satire, right?
MarchHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:15 PM   #686
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Sure, but what a lovely group of people and organization! They sent out the doctored photo and then let her take the blame for playing around with photoshop. In the meantime she obviously has some significant health issues here, and they knew that all along.

It's pretty gross...they could've just come clean and said she had some health issues and asked for privacy. I think that they whole thing goes away at that point.
Jesus some of you are sick.

It’s just as likely she was the one who did it, considering AI makes it pretty easy for amateur photoshoppers to do something like combine multiple photos so that each of your multiple children look their best. And hey, she probably had some time to do it, considering she was recovering from SURGERY and prepping for CHEMO and didn’t have a schedule full of activities.

“Come clean”… about her health issues? It’s her business. Blaming Kate or the people probably acting on her wishes for people making up conspiracy theories because she didn’t want to go public with her health issues is such an insane thing to do.

People always rag on the online habits of gen z but I honestly think older generations can be far more toxic and harmful with the way they use the internet.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 03:23 PM   #687
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Jesus some of you are sick.

It’s just as likely she was the one who did it, considering AI makes it pretty easy for amateur photoshoppers to do something like combine multiple photos so that each of your multiple children look their best. And hey, she probably had some time to do it, considering she was recovering from SURGERY and prepping for CHEMO and didn’t have a schedule full of activities.

“Come clean”… about her health issues? It’s her business. Blaming Kate or the people probably acting on her wishes for people making up conspiracy theories because she didn’t want to go public with her health issues is such an insane thing to do.

People always rag on the online habits of gen z but I honestly think older generations can be far more toxic and harmful with the way they use the internet.
Nah, this is the monarchy and that entire organization. It's got nothing to do with her. She had to release the video today because of their ineptitude.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 03:36 PM   #688
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Nah, this is the monarchy and that entire organization. It's got nothing to do with her. She had to release the video today because of their ineptitude.
You’re just taking away her agency and taking the blame off of a public whose brains are so broken that everything is some kind of conspiracy for them to figure out.

Someone asked me what I thought, and beyond “I don’t care” my response was that she had just had surgery and probably wanted privacy. There’s really nothing the “organization” had to give me, because I never had some bizarre need to crack the case in the first place. So suggesting they were inept because they didn’t fully satiate unreasonable desires for answers is just excusing the actual problem with people and celebrities in general.
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 03:43 PM   #689
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You’re just taking away her agency and taking the blame off of a public whose brains are so broken that everything is some kind of conspiracy for them to figure out.

Someone asked me what I thought, and beyond “I don’t care” my response was that she had just had surgery and probably wanted privacy. There’s really nothing the “organization” had to give me, because I never had some bizarre need to crack the case in the first place. So suggesting they were inept because they didn’t fully satiate unreasonable desires for answers is just excusing the actual problem with people and celebrities in general.
Well, first I don't care about the monarchy and can't say I followed this at all. And I think that most rational people thought that she had surgery and left it at that. Unfortunately, you're not dealing with rational people who get all worked up about the royals. Part of that position is that you have no expectation of privacy, and that has nothing do with how people use the internet.

I don't particularly care that she released a mothers day photo in the first place, let alone that people dissect it and look for evidence it was shopped. The royal family does though.
Old 03-22-2024, 03:52 PM   #690
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well, first I don't care about the monarchy and can't say I followed this at all. And I think that most rational people thought that she had surgery and left it at that. Unfortunately, you're not dealing with rational people who get all worked up about the royals. Part of that position is that you have no expectation of privacy, and that has nothing do with how people use the internet.

I don't particularly care that she released a mothers day photo in the first place, let alone that people dissect it and look for evidence it was shopped. The royal family does though.
These sentiments are becoming such a common refrain from some people. Is this a defence mechanism or something?
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 04:01 PM   #691
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
These sentiments are becoming such a common refrain from some people. Is this a defence mechanism or something?
Defence for what? I just think a lot of people aren’t terribly interested in the monarchy.
Old 03-22-2024, 04:06 PM   #692
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Defence for what? I just think a lot of people aren’t terribly interested in the monarchy.

A defence when you’re arguing a point, but can’t, so make a decide to proclaim that you were never that invested anyway.
Wormius is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 04:23 PM   #693
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
A defence when you’re arguing a point, but can’t, so make a decide to proclaim that you were never that invested anyway.
I see what you mean. Well, maybe you’re calling me out? I don’t particularly care about the royals though and I find it strange that people do. To me, they’re about the same as the Kardashians or similar celebrities.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:15 PM   #694
BigThief
Backup Goalie

Exp:

The lack of respect some of you are showing our future Queen is utterly repulsive.
BigThief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BigThief For This Useful Post:
Old 03-22-2024, 07:23 PM   #695
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The lack of respect some of you are showing our future Queen is utterly repulsive.
Queen consort, not an actual queen.

As a fellow human being who isn't evil, I hope she has a full recovery. Unrelated, I also hope that Canada leaves the monarchy in my lifetime.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:26 PM   #696
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
This is sarcasm right? You are offended on behalf of a princess?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:27 PM   #697
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

I too hold on to the hope that a different person goes on our money in my lifetime.

When. When will we be free (to design money).
Old 03-22-2024, 07:28 PM   #698
BigThief
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
This is sarcasm right? You are offended on behalf of a princess?
Saddened.
BigThief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 07:32 PM   #699
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I too hold on to the hope that a different person goes on our money in my lifetime.

When. When will we be free (to design money).
I think we should stop putting people on money (and naming schools, and things after them).
Old 03-22-2024, 07:39 PM   #700
Johnny Makarov
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think we should stop putting people on money (and naming schools, and things after them).
Yes. Our next figure on our currency should be a Shiba Inu.