Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 05-21-2017, 07:12 AM   #2181
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
I have enough pidgeys and candy for about 19 minutes of evolutions, I could fill in the gap with weedles, rats and caterpies as I have a bunch of those as well but I have never had a backlog of new Mons and I couldn't find much online about which would give me more XP.
I think they all give the same experience if I am not mistaken. Use pidgeycalc
https://www.pidgeycalc.com/
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 07:15 AM   #2182
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlameOn View Post
I think they all give the same experience if I am not mistaken. Use pidgeycalc
https://www.pidgeycalc.com/
They all give 500XP. I am just wondering if it is quicker to evolve 2 pidgeys for 500XP each, for a total of 2000XP with the lucky egg or 1 evolve that give me a new Mon for 2000XP (500XP evolve, 500XP pokedex entry).
Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2017, 11:00 AM   #2183
CASe333
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boblobla View Post
They all give 500XP. I am just wondering if it is quicker to evolve 2 pidgeys for 500XP each, for a total of 2000XP with the lucky egg or 1 evolve that give me a new Mon for 2000XP (500XP evolve, 500XP pokedex entry).
What kind of phone are you using? If its an iphone or something with decent loading time you can hard stop the app right after evolving the new mon to skip the evolution and new dex animations. Its only efficient to do this if reloading the game and getting the next evolution started takes less than ~20s.

If you line up a bunch of eggs to hatch at the same time during your lucky egg this is a great way to stop all of the hatch animations too (1000xp for 10km eggs and x2 for double egg adds up quick!)

If you aren't using the hard stop method my guess is it would be faster to evolve 2 pidgeys vs a new mon just because the new dex animation is so long but its probably pretty close. They've changed the animation times a few times so I couldn't find relevant info to give an accurate comparison. If you try both scenarios maybe you can time them and report back
CASe333 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CASe333 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2017, 02:15 PM   #2184
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My Pokedex is up to 228.

I need help finding Houndour. I have only ever seen one once and it got away on me. I could also use some help finding Snubbull. I have managed a few but I am not looking at it as priority to walk for the Granbull, I'd sooner catch more Snubbull.

If you know of any Houndour or Snubbull spawns, I would appreciate it.

I actually hatched a perfect Dratini, walked him enough to evolve a really nice Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage move set. I imagine a perfect Dragonite is a rare specimen?
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 04:25 AM   #2185
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've only seen perfect ones on sniper accounts, so good stuff. I caught a 15 15 14 Dratini.
I am frustrated by outrage. As an attacker, I don't find it particularly great... but when taking on a Mon gym defender, outrage always destroys me.
Haven't play except daily spin for about 6 weeks now, so still waiting on Tyranitar, Tyrogue and Unown.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 10:58 AM   #2186
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southside View Post
My Pokedex is up to 228.

I need help finding Houndour. I have only ever seen one once and it got away on me. I could also use some help finding Snubbull. I have managed a few but I am not looking at it as priority to walk for the Granbull, I'd sooner catch more Snubbull.

If you know of any Houndour or Snubbull spawns, I would appreciate it.

I actually hatched a perfect Dratini, walked him enough to evolve a really nice Dragonite with Dragon Tail and Outrage move set. I imagine a perfect Dragonite is a rare specimen?
Auburn Bay has a Houndour nest right now.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=near+5...=ca&shorturl=1
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Komskies For This Useful Post:
Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 PM   #2187
Southside
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komskies View Post
Auburn Bay has a Houndour nest right now.

https://www.google.com/maps?q=near+5...=ca&shorturl=1
Thanks. Auburn Bay isn't terribly out of my way. Went by and got 2 houndour. They were actually at the opposite end of the lake, got 2 spawns within 15 minutes.
Southside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2017, 08:17 PM   #2188
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I did a hatch of 7 10k eggs today. Got tired of waiting for the last couple to stop giving me crappy 5ks. Hatched my first Larvitar ever (after catching 2 wild on Monday downtown). Imagine my surprise when it appraised at 100%. Used up my luck for several years I think. Now I just need to walk it halfway to Winnipeg and I'm set.
Aegypticus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 03:28 PM   #2189
malcolmk14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Miltank popped up on the nearby this morning - first one I've ever seen. Threw on some shoes and ran after it but by the time I got close it despawned. Darn!
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 09:52 PM   #2190
Top Shelf
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This game is only fun now when there is an event going on. Other than that, it's the same exact Pokemon all over, every day.

Niantic should increase the frequency of these events.
Top Shelf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Top Shelf For This Useful Post:
Old 05-28-2017, 10:53 PM   #2191
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
This game is only fun now when there is an event going on. Other than that, it's the same exact Pokemon all over, every day.

Niantic should increase the frequency of these events.
It's going to take the release of gen 3 to maintain my interest much longer.

Getting any of the remaining Pokemon I need is pretty much a matter of luck. It a long ways to buddy walk for anything I still need. Well over 1000km of buddy walking to get everything.

Catching things I already have caught hundreds of, with a constant shortage of balls, won't hold me interest much longer.

Last edited by You Need a Thneed; 05-28-2017 at 11:06 PM.
You Need a Thneed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2017, 08:03 AM   #2192
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
It's going to take the release of gen 3 to maintain my interest much longer.

Getting any of the remaining Pokemon I need is pretty much a matter of luck. It a long ways to buddy walk for anything I still need. Well over 1000km of buddy walking to get everything.

Catching things I already have caught hundreds of, with a constant shortage of balls, won't hold me interest much longer.
Gym rework is apparently coming, as is PvP "soon". I'm getting bored of just catching stuff and not having much of any luck staying in a gym for any length of time since my mons are too low level.

Hopefully things get shaken up a bit soon. I would kill for a move re-trainer of some kind as well or just for any way to get more candies for things I need.

The random evolve items are killing me too. I've been spinning and spinning and have 8 items I have zero need for.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:28 AM   #2193
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

I got my highest ever CP catch yesterday on the way home from work, by quite a bit I think. I was on Anderson Road, stopped at Bonaventure, and a Snorlax was nearby at the Trico Centre.

A razz berry and a single ultra ball later, I caught a CP 2625 Snorlax. IV only 51% and the moveset isn't great though (Zen Headbutt/Heavy Slam)

I can't remember if I had caught anything over 2000CP prior to that.
Old 05-31-2017, 06:25 PM   #2194
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Nest migration just happened 20 minutes ago. A little birdie (or possibly a free scanner) told me that South Glenmore park is now a Machop nest. I don't know the exact size of the nest, but it's big. It goes from at least Glenmore Landing west to the sailing club, and perhaps even further. There are dozens of spawn points.

It was a tough nest to identify since it was coincidentally Bellsprout during the grass event and Omanyte during the rock event. Maybe it is predicting a fighting event coming up?

(In case anyone cares, I don't make a habit of using scanners. I just find it exciting to identify new nests right after a migration. There's a Diglet, a Snubbull, and a Houndour nest in Copperfield for the next 2 weeks!)
The Following User Says Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-01-2017, 06:39 AM   #2195
Boblobla
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boblobla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Boblobla For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2017, 09:14 PM   #2196
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Went to South Glenmore. Machops everywhere! Saw 56 in 2.5 hours, caught 55 of them. I think we could have done even better if we had a better idea of the spawn points. That is an enormous nest. It goes from Heritage park to 24th street all along the reservoir. One to keep an eye on.
Old 06-02-2017, 10:19 PM   #2197
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegypticus View Post
Went to South Glenmore. Machops everywhere! Saw 56 in 2.5 hours, caught 55 of them. I think we could have done even better if we had a better idea of the spawn points. That is an enormous nest. It goes from Heritage park to 24th street all along the reservoir. One to keep an eye on.
I need to find some time to go there to get my 100% machoke evolved and powered up.
Old 06-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #2198
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The same guys that leaked the water event have shown an image of what they say is the next event. It's all in Spanish, but here's the English translation:

Quote:
Trainers,

With summer quickly approaching in the Northern Hemisphere and winter approaching in the Southern Hemisphere, we couldn’t think of a better way to celebrate the upcoming solstices than with a Fire-type and Ice-type Pokémon GO event.

From 1:00 P.M. PDT on June 13 to 1:00 P.M. PDT on June 20, 2017, Trainers around the world will discover more Charmander, Cyndaquil, Growlithe, Houndour, Ponyta, Swinub, Vulpix, and their Evolutions. You’ll also want to keep an eye out for Sneasel, Magmar, Cloyster, and other Fire types and Ice types!

It’s time to perfect your Poké Ball throws, Trainers! Throughout the event, you’ll receive huge XP bonuses for successfully catching Pokémon with Nice, Great, and Excellent Throws, as well as Curveballs and First Throws. Additionally, as you walk around your neighborhoods or discover new sights, you’ll earn even more XP for hatching Eggs. To help you take advantage of these awesome XP bonuses, Lucky Eggs will be 50% off in the in-game shop.

Get ready to explore the world around you—there are even more exciting updates coming your way soon!

—The Pokémon GO team
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Aegypticus For This Useful Post:
Old 06-06-2017, 10:20 AM   #2199
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Walked around South Glenmore park, caught about 10 Machops with pinap berries, evolved my 100% IV Machoke to a Machamp... Bullet Seed/Heavy Slam, Neither move is a fighting move. Ouch.
Old 06-06-2017, 09:51 PM   #2200
Aegypticus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Walked around South Glenmore park, caught about 10 Machops with pinap berries, evolved my 100% IV Machoke to a Machamp... Bullet Seed/Heavy Slam, Neither move is a fighting move. Ouch.
That's really unfortunate. Niantic has acknowledged on their twitter support that they are aware that players want to be able to reroll movesets, but nothing is in the plans right now. Maybe some hope for the future?

We went to South Glenmore again today. Got a ton more Machops. If you really want to cash in, you have to go all the way to what we call "the point". We start at Glenmore Landing and go west past the end of the chain of stops, almost all the way to the sailing club. The point has only 2 stops and it takes a while to get there, but there has to be 30-40 spawn points. Can easily net 10+ nest spawns each time you go to it.

Right now I'm seriously upset with eggs. As I understand it, you have roughly a 42-43% chance of a 5k egg, around the same for a 2k egg, and the remainder is 10k. Well, I'm in such a streak of bad luck with getting 5k eggs that it's starting to not feel like chance anymore. In the last 2-3 months I've got to be around 85% 5ks. In fact, I think I'm in a streak of more than 10 in a row right now. I'm saving 10ks again since I hatched all mine around a month ago, and I still only have a single one. The rest are 5k. I've gotten maybe 4-5 2ks since then, and at least 25-30 5k. It's getting absurd.