Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2015, 06:08 PM   #21
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdubz View Post
I've had fiber for a year, yet this site says I don't.
If you are using the map where you enter the postal code, that only checks if you are on the list to get installed, doesn't care if you already have it. Could use some rewording. The actual map is here: https://fibre.telus.com/calgary/availability/

If that's what you are talking about, well, then telus mapping just plain sucks
Old 11-23-2015, 08:10 PM   #22
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Telus has recently put fibre in my home town as a joint way to encourage growth. The only problem is they stopped one block from my street. The only good thing is that most people have switched from Shaw to Telus so my Shaw connection is no longer overused by the rest of the town and I now get my 25Mbps down instead of the 2.5 Mbps at peak times.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #23
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Telus installed fiber in my town over the past 18 months and has offered twice to cancel my Shaw and give me a stellar rate .. First one had my bundled services for to 130 a month for a. Year .. Finally two weeks ago, 103 for the first year then 155 after.
Unbelievably, the mythical Shaw retention department called me few days before the Telus install, and the monthly fee I'll he paying for the next year proves what soul suckers these guys are regularly.
Old 11-23-2015, 08:24 PM   #24
Hugh Jahrmes
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
Telus has recently put fibre in my home town as a joint way to encourage growth. The only problem is they stopped one block from my street. The only good thing is that most people have switched from Shaw to Telus so my Shaw connection is no longer overused by the rest of the town and I now get my 25Mbps down instead of the 2.5 Mbps at peak times.

Shoulda mentioned this too- once everyone made the initial exodus to Telus, I dropped my Shaw package from 60mbps to 30 (not long after shaw had dropped my 100
To 60 for me, with no pricing change but that's another story)...

Since then, I regularly speed test @35-45mbps and have had blazing consistent speeds. No complaints. From a pretty nerdy guy.
Old 11-29-2015, 02:43 PM   #25
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
The map is wrong for my area too.
Apparently not. Sales said we had it, I was sceptical and contacted customer service. They assured me my install would be fibre. Installer shows up, no fibre. And possibly too old of infrastructure to get the speeds I was signing up for. So slimy.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 07:44 PM   #26
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

This freaking guy showed up at my door every day for a week. Incredibly aggressive and tried to push his way into my house, almost got into a fight with him last week. Wasn't willing to listen to his pitch but he did not stop. Clearly my facial expressions are not communicating hatred properly. Saw him go into my neighbors house, hopefully she didn't get duped.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote