Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2014, 01:18 PM   #21
DOOM
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by firecenter View Post
Doesn't every team want a Tyler Myers? Why again are the Sabres shopping him? These moves always confuse me...
Because he hasn't played up to standard in a while.
DOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:39 PM   #22
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I thought Phil Kessel was supposed to be too fat?

That short track speed race is interesting, though I'm sure they were wearing hockey skates. I imagine the delta between them would be much larger on speed skates...
powderjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 05:43 PM   #23
Drury18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
I thought Phil Kessel was supposed to be too fat?
He's not fat, he just has a sweet hockey body.
Drury18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:23 PM   #24
The Original FFIV
First Line Centre

Exp:

Roy is disappointed by Bleackley, new regime doesnt seem impressed by Jankowski. Wondering if the teams can help each other and correct what they deem mistakes from past management. One first rounder for another, wonder if Avs would make that swap.

Bigras seems interesting as well, if only for the fact we need some good young d prospects. Imagine colorado would want a d prospect back and I'm not sure if Bigras would be an upgrade over what we have or if colorado would be interested in one of our prospects. They need immediate help on d with Wilson out (they've looked bad on d year to date actually), could we pick up Bigras and Wilson for Wideman at 50% retained? Probably not but this presents a unique opportunity as teams usually are very invested in their prospects and are loathe to give them up. something for treliving to look into perhaps.
The Original FFIV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:57 AM   #25
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I watched Bleakley in the Under 18 World's and I thought he was pretty good. Not outstanding talent but very dependable and the coach seemed to rely on him a lot. What do you expect at pick #23?
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:17 AM   #26
FlameZilla
First Line Centre

Exp:

Where do you get the impression that the new regime doesn't like Jankowski? I haven't gotten that impression at all...

The lanky kid is filling out and by the time he turns pro he could be another Joe Colborne or even a bit better. Having that kind of size and depth down the middle is enviable.

I do like Bleackley, but I'd rather keep the Big Jankowski and see what sort of pro he ends up becoming.
FlameZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlameZilla For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2014, 08:49 AM   #27
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
That short track speed race is interesting, though I'm sure they were wearing hockey skates. I imagine the delta between them would be much larger on speed skates...
Nope. MacKinnon in his CCM's and Hamlin in his speed skates. As predicted, MacKinnon wins the acceleration race but Hamlin roasts him in the full lap race.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:40 AM   #28
foshizzle11
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOOM View Post
Because he hasn't played up to standard in a while.
What would it take to get Myers out of Buffalo and into a Flames uniform? Doesn't he have the potential to be a legit #1? He seems to be playing the tough minutes right now. Why not groom him behind Gio and Brodie, could you imagine Brodie and Myers dominating for the next 10 years on the Flames blue line.

What would it take? A 1st rounder and prospects? A 1st rounder and Wideman and a prospect? I have no idea.

I would send Sven and Ramage or something, but I would be reluctant to trade any 1st round picks. Not enough? Then maybe you throw in something else that has potential like maybe Reinhart and unite two of the brothers.
foshizzle11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:48 AM   #29
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by foshizzle11 View Post
What would it take to get Myers out of Buffalo and into a Flames uniform? Doesn't he have the potential to be a legit #1? He seems to be playing the tough minutes right now. Why not groom him behind Gio and Brodie, could you imagine Brodie and Myers dominating for the next 10 years on the Flames blue line.

What would it take? A 1st rounder and prospects? A 1st rounder and Wideman and a prospect? I have no idea.

I would send Sven and Ramage or something, but I would be reluctant to trade any 1st round picks. Not enough? Then maybe you throw in something else that has potential like maybe Reinhart and unite two of the brothers.
They reportedly want a top prospect. One report has them asking for Mantha the other asking for Larkin+
sureLoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:13 AM   #30
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

They were asking Mantha from the wings because the wings are in the east, there have been reports that they're reluctant to trade Myers because he'll flourish on a new team so maybe that is why they're asking so much from eastern teams. Would moving him to the west be better for them? That may be a factor that plays in our favour but at this point the way our D is playing, we shouldn't really change much. As much as I like Myers, I don't see the point right now. If the team starts to bomb dive then I would love us to pick him up and I think Sven, Reinhart + would be going the other way.
Old 10-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #31
username
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Here is the skating data. Sean Monahan is on the chart:

I love that people were saying Tavares isn't a good skater when he was drafted....look at those numbers now.
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 12:34 PM   #32
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by username View Post
I love that people were saying Tavares isn't a good skater when he was drafted....look at those numbers now.
Monahan also wasn't seen as a great skater in junior either. Shows improvement can definitely be made.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote