Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #141
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Bandwagoner View Post
I still remember this one time I was in an argument with Mikey_the_Redneck about racism, and when he started losing that argument, he tried to deflect the topic by saying that racism isn't as big a concern as bullying at the moment. Like they were two mutually exclusive topics. Is Flatus our new Mikey? I sure hope so!
If you actually think I was being serious in comparing those global problems with this topic I am thoroughly concerned. Consider it an attempt to add some sort of perspective on-towards an apparently highly angry person.
Old 10-21-2014, 06:55 PM   #142
Teh_Bandwagoner
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Flatus View Post
If you actually think I was being serious in comparing those global problems with this topic I am thoroughly concerned. Consider it an attempt to add some sort of perspective on-towards an apparently highly angry person.
I'm pretty sure no one in these forums needs your "perspective" of world events. We are well aware of what's going on in the world. But that in no way precludes someone from complaining about a hockey broadcast. Just because you don't agree doesn't mean you need to berate someone's opinion by bringing up world events. Seriously, WTH?
Old 10-21-2014, 07:58 PM   #143
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
It's starting to seem like you have some sort of vendetta out against the network for reasons unexplained. I clicked on the title simply due to the fact that I saw a completely illogical thread and probably gave it way too much credit....and yes you did ask everyone on CP to do something about Snet....in your title . Pretty big oopsie for a self proclaimed master debater like yourself.
Reasons unexplained? Aren't you arguing against the reasons I explained?

And it's pretty simple to see that I'm not the OP, and not the person titling or asking anything. If you click on the first page and look at the first post... that would be the person that opened the thread and created the title. 'Oopsies' indeed.

Quote:
Do you think the Rogers crew is just sitting around popping champagne and doing the limbo at this point? Mistakes will be corrected and content quality will be improved as the season goes. Perhaps re-visiting this topic in December would be somewhat more fair. You certainly wouldn't evaluate a hockey club or new employee based on a few shifts. I'm sure everyone on this board would love to go back to watching Leafs or Habs ad-nausea if it meant we could be mentally stimulated by the vaunted desk of the hockey insiders.
Are you repeating your point again?

Rogers isn't new. Rogers purchased rights to have no competition. Removing competition is bad for consumers. If I'm already being affected by a consumer, it better be perfect on day one, worse than what you took away from me is unacceptable.

Points I've made earlier and you have addressed already. Stop running in circles, and argue with me about how a monopoly on NHL Flames broadcasting is a good thing for us.

Quote:
A vast majority of the Rogers crew is transitioning from your betrothed TSN/CBC and other local broadcasters. Put some energy like this into something meaningful to the world. It takes time to adjust to new processes and get things right. Until then I suggest a healthy dose of herbal tea and relaxation music - its all going to be ok!
Yeah, and as others have mentioned in this very thread... they're worse than they were before. I don't like people like Healy on any network.

And for the 3rd time, this is not affecting my life. I'll be just fine thank you. If I ask you how traffic was on the way home and you express displeasure, would it make sense that I told you life would be ok and to calm down? No, that would be silly and I'd look stupid.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #144
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh boy.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:41 PM   #145
flamesfan6
First Line Centre

Exp:

all i care about is sportsnet's claim when they announced the deal of "no more blackouts" bs
flamesfan6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:51 AM   #146
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesfan6 View Post
all i care about is sportsnet's claim when they announced the deal of "no more blackouts" bs
They never said that
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 03:11 AM   #147
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Pharmacist View Post
They never said that
Just lifting more blackouts:

Quote:
We’re bringing fans national games and lifting more local blackouts so they can watch the teams and players they love.
Anyone know if this has been true so far? (I skirt blackouts already, so no idea)
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-22-2014, 07:20 AM   #148
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was really surprised by the amount of mistakes I heard during the Flames broadcast last night during the intermissions. I don't usually watch the intermission panels but I did last night. They were mis pronouncing names, calling highlighted plays incorrectly and providing incorrect current scores from other games. They also didn't have anything interesting to talk about.

It also bothered me that they kept calling Kypreos "kipper."
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 07:31 AM   #149
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Split98 View Post
Just lifting more blackouts:

Anyone know if this has been true so far? (I skirt blackouts already, so no idea)
Yes it's true. They do not control the rights for noon Sportsnet games though, but all others, yes
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 06:09 PM   #150
firecenter
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
People have ebola, Ukraine is burning and the middle east is in chaos but you're asking everyone to type up some angry letters to snet because you don't like the hosts and the hd quality isn't up to snuff. That really should say it all right there.
1a) Cant believe I just read that
1b) People are starving in Africa, and you had the nerve to not finish your lunch today.....
2) I also complain about those issues, however I don't know who to email my Ebola complaint to.
3) The middle east will be in chaos for 500 more years and Ebola has been around for decades, but I want my Flames broadcast fixed by this weekend, so i'll play the odds and complain to Scott Moore.
4) Cant believe I just read that
firecenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 02:55 PM   #151
Shirokumayama
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
Hey all,

We've painfully sat through the first few weeks of Sportsnet NHL coverage. Although they made changes since last year, many of us have complained to friends, family, and on these boards about the bush league coverage. This complaining comes naturally to us, so let's complain to one place where maybe, just maybe, we can have our voices heard.

Luckily, they invite comments (http://www.sportsnet.ca/contact-us/). Listed are the Sportsnet TV contact info, including their phone (1-888-451-6363) and email address (feedback@sportsnet.rogers.com).

CP is a large community, which I'd argue has single handedly kept Johnny Hockey in the TSN 1v1 competition. Why don't we take this manpower to do something productive. If nothing else, we can feel satisfied that we are flooding the Sportsnet team, putting pressure on them and letting them know that we are not happy.
Email sent. I sure hope everyone is complaining about this to SN. It amazes me how out of 600+ channels I have, SN is the only one out of sync.
Shirokumayama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:23 PM   #152
BlackArcher101
Such a pretty girl!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
It also bothered me that they kept calling Kypreos "kipper."
THIS. So very much this.

I usually have my back to the TV, so everytime I hear "Kipper, what do you have to say about so and so" I quickly turn around and to my dismay, it's not him.

Was he referred to as Kipper before? I don't recall hearing it until now.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:03 AM   #153
BigTuna
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Hockey likes to do that. "Kipper", "Shanny", "Stevie". Pierre McGuire automatically changes every Steve to Stevie. Sounds like a special 10 year-old.
BigTuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:16 AM   #154
SHOGUN
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Has anyone watched a game on the sportsnet now app? I'm always receiving media player errors whenever I try playing the live feed. Its either that or I get the you need to subscribe in order to watch (which is BS since I have been a shaw customer forever). Not to mention, the app doesn't offer SN Flames....
SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:33 AM   #155
Dentoman
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have had no problems .... but I agree with you on SNF.
I am on Shaw as well.
Dentoman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:21 AM   #156
zyzz
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

This thread is hilarious. Bunch of grown men crying about commentators. CP gives me the "inside"info I need, couldn't be bothered to watch the talking heads during intermission.
zyzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 12:20 AM   #157
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

After years of complaints, how have they still not fixed the audio syncing problem?

Here are the highlights from tonight's game. Throughout the entire thing, you can hear the sticks hitting the ice/puck shortly before you see it. Backlund's slapshot about 30 seconds in is especially noticeable.

The usual response is that it's a problem with the cable company or something, but this is directly from the broadcast feed. There should not be a lag that is that noticeable. It's ridiculous.
Old 10-29-2014, 12:40 AM   #158
wooohooo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
After years of complaints, how have they still not fixed the audio syncing problem?

Here are the highlights from tonight's game. Throughout the entire thing, you can hear the sticks hitting the ice/puck shortly before you see it. Backlund's slapshot about 30 seconds in is especially noticeable.

The usual response is that it's a problem with the cable company or something, but this is directly from the broadcast feed. There should not be a lag that is that noticeable. It's ridiculous.
I don't think it ever was a problem with TSN or CBC. Just always seemed to be SN.
wooohooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 01:47 AM   #159
skeena1
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wooohooo View Post
I don't think it ever was a problem with TSN or CBC. Just always seemed to be SN.
I'm pretty sure it has something to do with the advertising on the glass behind the nets. The Oilers and Canucks do it but I've never seen a problem with them. Not sure what is different with the Flames broadcasts.
skeena1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:42 AM   #160
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

tonight's game was very noticeable that the picture was lagging behind the audio. Very frustrating that this is still an issue after a few ongoing years.
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote