Old 03-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #6261
HotHotHeat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Flames Fan View Post
Trump Rally in Louisville Kentucky Tonight! Here is the live youtube link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrR7Fq5OQa0

On the agenda is more information on the repeal and replace with AHCA.
Do you view these hearings and ongoing investigations between Trump (and his team) and Russia to be worthwhile? Or should they be ended since Trump has stated he doesn't have any ties?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:48 PM   #6262
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Well should I listen to the POTUS or should I just listen to what Wolf Blitzer or Racheal Madow's opinion? Ill take my news right from the source thank you very much.
Wow, even though it's been proven time and time again that everything that comes out of Trump's mouth is complete horses--t? Your blind devotion and refusal to accept reality is impressive. Bravo sir.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #6263
puffnstuff
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The fake news is lying about Trump lying
Old 03-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #6264
kermitology
It's not easy being green!

Exp:

Quote:
Well should I listen to the POTUS or should I just listen to what Wolf Blitzer or Racheal Madow's opinion? Ill take my news right from the source thank you very much.
In either case you're hearing opinion, not news. Trump doesn't publish verifiable facts, so that's not news, it's his speculation and opinion.

Further, what is your response to Comey saying there's no evidence of wiretapping, is that fake news despite him not being a journalist?
Old 03-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #6265
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow, Terri Sewell is really bad at this. Put some effort into crafting questions that aren't purely rhetorical, good grief.

EDIT: This is embarrassing. She's asking what someone not testifying would know or understand. This is obviously all just going to get a no comment. Waste of time. Gah, why do they do this?
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno

Last edited by CorsiHockeyLeague; 03-20-2017 at 02:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2017, 02:50 PM   #6266
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Because I believe the expression is "straight form the horses mouth" not "straight from the horses ass".
Old 03-20-2017, 02:52 PM   #6267
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by puffnstuff View Post
The fake news is lying about Trump lying
The Following User Says Thank You to FlameOn For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 02:59 PM   #6268
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Wow, Terri Sewell is really bad at this. Put some effort into crafting questions that aren't purely rhetorical, good grief.

EDIT: This is embarrassing. She's asking what someone not testifying would know or understand. This is obviously all just going to get a no comment. Waste of time. Gah, why do they do this?
She's getting it on the record
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #6269
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
The Rally's allow Trump to completely bypass the media in spreading his message to the people of the USA. Its what Obama said he would do during his campaign but then like every other Obama promise didn't happen. I am 100% for this direct messaging to eliminate fake news.
I missed you Alpine Fisher.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #6270
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Why? That stuff isn't at all helpful. Might as well just go on CNN and say it. In contrast, King was getting stuff on the record that was useful clarification on the testimony even though he knew they couldn't add input. Her stuff was basically just granstanding.

Anyway, Comey is coming across quite well here to my eyes.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
Old 03-20-2017, 03:07 PM   #6271
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Exactly. You would think a lawyer would understand the strategy of using a rhetorical question?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:12 PM   #6272
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Why? That stuff isn't at all helpful. Might as well just go on CNN and say it. In contrast, King was getting stuff on the record that was useful clarification on the testimony even though he knew they couldn't add input. Her stuff was basically just granstanding.

Anyway, Comey is coming across quite well here to my eyes.
A lot of the clarification that panel will receive will be disclosed in private hearings that are classified.

There really wasn't much at all that was going to come out today. Many of the reporters I am following and columns I am reading suggest it's actually quite surprising the amount of info that's come out this hearing.

I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to what she was saying, but setting up the context on the record is important if more information comes out in classified hearings, they can go back to the record from the public hearing and cross reference answers, or non-answers, to the statements/questions she made/asked.

She may have been weak but wasn't nearly as weak as other members in attendance.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:13 PM   #6273
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kind of a random story, but I think it's pretty descriptive of Trumps America.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7637696.html

Quote:
There were reportedly no African delegates at a summit about sustainable development in Africa after they were all denied visas to enter the US.

The African global economic and development summit, which takes place every year at the University of Southern California was particularly quiet this year after about 100 attendees were barred from entering the country to participate in the event.

The summit aims to encourage businesses to invest in Africa and particularly to support initiative to provide clean energy, tackle the impacts of climate change and reduce poverty.
Quote:
“Usually we get 40 per cent that get rejected but the others come. This year it was 100 per cent. Every delegation.
Meeting of African and American business without any Africans. Because you know, F that clean energy stuff and F Africans.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:15 PM   #6274
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
Exactly. You would think a lawyer would understand the strategy of using a rhetorical question?
Old 03-20-2017, 03:16 PM   #6275
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
A lot of the clarification that panel will receive will be disclosed in private hearings that are classified.

There really wasn't much at all that was going to come out today. Many of the reporters I am following and columns I am reading suggest it's actually quite surprising the amount of info that's come out this hearing.

I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention to what she was saying, but setting up the context on the record is important if more information comes out in classified hearings, they can go back to the record from the public hearing and cross reference answers, or non-answers, to the statements/questions she made/asked.

She may have been weak but wasn't nearly as weak as other members in attendance.
She's getting this stuff on the record so it can be used in other hearings, and to establish probable links that can possibly be used for other means. You'll notice she mentioned the emoluments clause and was specific to the instances of "gifts" being given. She's setting up a bear trap.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:25 PM   #6276
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
There is no circumstance where those questions will be answered in any hearing - it's not a matter of seeking classified information that you know won't be disclosed in a public setting; that's all well and good. No, she was asking for information that the witnesses cannot possibly provide under oath. E.g., "isn't it the case that Michael Flynn would have known X", or "If a meeting took place, wouldn't it be fair to assume that Michael Flynn would have said Y". Of course the only answer you'll ever get to that is "I have no way of knowing what was in Mr. Flynn's head", or "I can't speak to what might have happened in a hypothetical meeting".

I didn't bring up the fact that I'm a lawyer, but since you commented on it, yeah, it's actually that background that makes me wince when I hear questions like that. Like I say, they don't really serve any investigative purpose beyond grandstanding to anyone who might be watching, and I'd prefer the time be better used. Especially since, as you rightly pointed out, the witnesses are being surprisingly forthcoming given that there is (presumedly) an ongoing investigation on much of this stuff. Some of the members are getting a lot of good stuff out of them.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:32 PM   #6277
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
I agree. So are you going to watch the Rally?
Why is Trump having another rally? Why are you buying into that? That isn't normal.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:33 PM   #6278
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
Why is Trump having a rally? Why are you buying into that? That isn't normal.
Trump's ego needs some pampering.

I feel like monthly rallies will be common for him. Needs to recharge and massage that ego back to 230%.
Old 03-20-2017, 03:34 PM   #6279
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
You're being brainwashed. This is cultist behavior.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Drak For This Useful Post:
Old 03-20-2017, 03:35 PM   #6280
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drak View Post
You're being brainwashed. This is cultist behavior.
I wouldn't pay too much attention. In an FOI thread yesterday he started questioning the usefulness of vaccines, so that and this should give you all the info you need at this point.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
making snl great again , soviet murica? , trade wars , trumpcare = doa , utterly insane pressers