Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-03-2016, 02:31 PM   #821
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

[QUOTE=DoubleK;5930424]Did you go? I thought the two hour frost delay was a bit annoying. We were finished around 5:20 pm when it was all said and done. I think we could have gone faster, two groups ahead was at least a hole and a half behind.

The course (Banff Springs) is in amazing shape, I've never ever had a bad round there. It's easily my favourite course on the planet, bar none.

Yeah,I went.Started on 18,played 18 coming home.Got off at 6:15.Long par 4's there.Also my favorite course on the planet.Almost worth it to pick up a VIP membership next year just for banff
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:18 PM   #822
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I happened to go to Banff Springs on Thursday (Sept 29) with a friend who had free passes. We were first ones out at 11am (10am tee time, 1 hour frost delay). A third who was supposed to be with us cancelled, so it was just the two of us. We finished in just over 3 hours including a lunch break after 9.

Gorgeous course, perfect conditions. I only wish my swing didn't fall apart for a stretch of 8 holes in the middle.

I was also lucky enough to play Greywolf in Panorama 10 days ago. It is probably the most beautiful course I've played. Every hole could be a framed picture on your wall. After Sept 19 it was $99 any day of the week including cart. Possibly the best bang-for-buck in the valley.
psyang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 03:52 PM   #823
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

We are spoiled absolutely rotten with the quality golf within 3hrs drive.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:01 PM   #824
Lubicon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyang View Post
I happened to go to Banff Springs on Thursday (Sept 29) with a friend who had free passes. We were first ones out at 11am (10am tee time, 1 hour frost delay). A third who was supposed to be with us cancelled, so it was just the two of us. We finished in just over 3 hours including a lunch break after 9.

Gorgeous course, perfect conditions. I only wish my swing didn't fall apart for a stretch of 8 holes in the middle.

I was also lucky enough to play Greywolf in Panorama 10 days ago. It is probably the most beautiful course I've played. Every hole could be a framed picture on your wall. After Sept 19 it was $99 any day of the week including cart. Possibly the best bang-for-buck in the valley.
My opinion only (I've never golfed Greywolf) but the courses around Kimberley and Cranbrook are hard to beat for value. I find the ones further north (ie closer to Calgary) overpriced.
Lubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2016, 04:06 PM   #825
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I've yet to golf further south so you may be right. I've heard great things about Shadow Mountain, for example. We were in Fairmont, and weren't looking to drive an hour for golf, so that limited our options.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:15 PM   #826
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mountainside is pretty good value.
Old 10-03-2016, 04:23 PM   #827
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I like Banff Springs but I would still put Kananaskis Mt. Kidd in front of it for the mountain courses. As far as Kimberley are goes, Trickle Creek is the king out there and even though it's a little overpriced it's still a terrific course to play. I like what we have but man if you lived in Vernon you'd have it made with the courses within 3 hours. From Kamloops to Kelowna has to have the best collection of courses in Canada. I like Invermere/Kimberley but interior BC just has better courses. Can't do much better for a 4 round golf trip than Tobiano, Salmon Arm, Predator Ridge (Ridge) and Tower Ranch.
Old 10-04-2016, 12:07 PM   #828
thatguy
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
My opinion only (I've never golfed Greywolf) but the courses around Kimberley and Cranbrook are hard to beat for value. I find the ones further north (ie closer to Calgary) overpriced.
Took 3 golf trips this year 2 were to Cranbrook area and 1 to invermere area and I agree value around Cranbrook is great. Courses sure don't seem to be very busy around there. But speaking of grey wolf here's vid of my buddy getting denied on cliffhanger. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKCP5FSDg90/
thatguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 12:18 PM   #829
psyang
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatguy View Post
Took 3 golf trips this year 2 were to Cranbrook area and 1 to invermere area and I agree value around Cranbrook is great. Courses sure don't seem to be very busy around there. But speaking of grey wolf here's vid of my buddy getting denied on cliffhanger. https://www.instagram.com/p/BKCP5FSDg90/
Probably the best player in our group mi#### his tee shot on Cliffhanger. We watched the ball go up, then drop out of site in the gully as we all groaned "Ohhhhh". Then we heard a "click" and watched the ball rise up about 40 feet above the green as we all went "Ahhhh?", then watched again as the ball disappeared in the gully again as we groaned "Ohhhh" again. Probably a had-to-be-there moment, but it was hilarious.
Old 10-04-2016, 03:08 PM   #830
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Anyone doing the ironman out at delacour on Friday? Kimberley is my favourite place to golf for sure. I also agree that living in Vernon would be a golfers dream.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2016, 03:10 PM   #831
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ironman at Delacour would be amazing.
Old 10-07-2016, 02:06 AM   #832
FragileMind
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Ironman at Delacour would be amazing.
Played it once.They dropped a mat on the peir(15) to a ridge location,I died a 35' putt just past the hole.Wound up 25 ' past the hole.Alot of fun it was.
FragileMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:52 AM   #833
Northendzone
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a noon tee time today here in YYC - what should I wear?
Old 10-07-2016, 10:54 AM   #834
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Shorts
Old 10-17-2016, 11:31 AM   #835
BurningYears
First Line Centre

Exp:

Going to Palm Desert in November. Any suggestions of the many many courses in the area to play? (not a golfing specific trip) prob 3-4 rounds in a week I'm gonna play. Looking for a mix of value and great course.
Old 10-17-2016, 01:55 PM   #836
EverfresH15
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningYears View Post
Going to Palm Desert in November. Any suggestions of the many many courses in the area to play? (not a golfing specific trip) prob 3-4 rounds in a week I'm gonna play. Looking for a mix of value and great course.
Desert Willow has two amazing courses but they are expensive. Shadow Ridge and Mission Hills are really nice as well. I would use Golfnow and look for cheaper times. If you aren't getting #####faced and don't mind a 15min drive, check out Taquitz Resort and Indian Canyon south.
EverfresH15 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EverfresH15 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 02:08 PM   #837
Wiggum_PI
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningYears View Post
I played the Pete Dye course at the Westin Mission Hills a few years ago and really enjoyed it. Can't remember exactly how much it cost, but I think it was pretty reasonable.
Wiggum_PI is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wiggum_PI For This Useful Post:
Old 10-17-2016, 03:55 PM   #838
united
First Line Centre

Exp:

PGA West, Stadium. Don't break any clubs in frustration.

"You ain't gotta like me. You're just mad 'cause I tell it how it is and you tell it how it might be."
united is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2016, 09:39 PM   #839
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played Speargrass today. So sad that it's the end of the season as the courses are in amazing shape. The greens at that place were absolutely perfect. Played as a Twosome and we would have been done in under 3 hours except for the fact we caught up to a fivesome(?) on the 9th hole and decided to watch some football in the clubhouse at the turn. Made three birdies which was a nice finish to the season.
Old 10-26-2016, 01:57 PM   #840
RussianSpy
Draft Pick

Anyone know if there's anything up at Cottonwood? I've noticed a lot of members looking to move their membership lately. I realize the economy is playing a part but seems like lots trying to get out.

On another note, has anyone been lucky enough to play Cabot Links? One of my buddies is gauging interest for a trip out there next year. I hadn't really heard much about it but after looking into it the place looks unreal. Bit of a trek to get to though.
RussianSpy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
net5 , punch out , royal boulder , tpc fox hollow