Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-02-2014, 06:02 PM   #1981
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Seems pretty hilarious to get one legendary drop when I leveled to 60 initially, only to get 3 legendaries in one hour of Act 1 T1. Got a weapon called Pig Sticker which randomly makes squealing pig sounds when you hit something.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mazrim For This Useful Post:
Old 03-02-2014, 06:30 PM   #1982
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathji View Post
Played with Shawnski and Choy's (brother I think) today in T1. Was quite an experience and I got some real nice drops, and hand me downs.

Thanks again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flaming Choy View Post
It was good playing with you guys. And thanks for the new gear, Shawnski.
Yes, it was good playing with both of you too! Thanks guys.
Shawnski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:35 PM   #1983
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Saw that there are some updates and that the expansion is closing in. Dusted off my lvl 60 Sorc and jumped in at Expert to test the waters. Was quite surprised to find 2 Legendaries (and 1 Legendary mat), a ton of yellows and more blues that one can shake a stick at. Was also pretty surprised to jump 3 paragon levels in a couple hours of playing.

May start enjoying this game again.

Legendaries are the weirdest thing...like the guy a few posts above...I've only seen one in my entire history with this game (that wasn't AH bought) and I've got a bunch of high characters. Now, they are falling all over. I like it.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:41 PM   #1984
Blaster86
UnModerator

Exp:

Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker?

THANK MR DEMKO
CPHL Ottawa Vancouver
Blaster86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #1985
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Skeleton King runs for any level 60 chars appear to still be dropping a legendary for your first run through/character.

I am just going back online if anyone wants a carry through on those. Torment I level is where it works, I presume....

Last edited by Shawnski; 03-02-2014 at 07:05 PM.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:35 PM   #1986
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
Skeleton King runs for any level 60 chars appear to still be dropping a legendary for your first run through/character.

I am just going back online if anyone wants a carry through on those. Torment I level is where it works, I presume....
Ya it's a bug. Any boss kill for characters under lvl 60 are guaranteed to drop a legendary, but the skeleton king is doing it for lvl 60's as well but only after you reset your quest progression (meaning you have to complete the entire story line again with that character). The next patch will fix that and instead put a guaranteed legendary drop on Diablo for each separate playthrough

Oh and if you're thinking of trying to farm the skeleton king it won't really work, since in order to reset your quests you have to finish act 4 first
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:10 AM   #1987
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Hey Female Wizard voice is the same voice as Azula from Avatar The Last Airbender!
Old 03-03-2014, 02:12 AM   #1988
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

And Leah is FemShep, and the Templar is Malcolm Reed from Enterprise
Old 03-03-2014, 02:42 PM   #1989
Mazrim
CP Gamemaster

Exp:

Wow, how did I miss Azula in that voice? Leah was a little easier to pick up. Whoever does Covetous Shen sounds familiar too.
Mazrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #1990
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
Wow, how did I miss Azula in that voice? Leah was a little easier to pick up. Whoever does Covetous Shen sounds familiar too.
This Asian dude that you've seen in countless movies

He was also the father duck or goose or whatever in Kung Fu Panda
Old 03-03-2014, 02:49 PM   #1991
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazrim View Post
To me he sounds like the old undead Chinese guy from Big Trouble in Little China.
Who was also Tia Carreres dad in Waynes World 2.
dammage79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 03:39 PM   #1992
photon

Exp:

Just rolled a wizard to try it out that's why I noticed her voice.

So what's the deal with wizards, you can use a sword or a wand or a bow or a bunch of stuff, but does it actually make any difference? If it was two weapons that had the same stats and one was a wand and the other a dagger, would it be the same?

Just seems weird to be running around with a sword and shield.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:13 PM   #1993
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Like all other classes, the spell DPS is directly related to your weapon DPS with an attribute modifier based on class, in this case Intelligence. Kinda silly, I know. I was rocking wands and staves until I realized it really didn't matter. You're better off equipping a two-handed sword if your overall DPS ends up higher.
CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 04:44 PM   #1994
Swayze11
something else haha

Exp:

except two-handed weapons still do not make sense unfortunately. The weapon + offhand still outweighs a two-handed weapon every time.

It may be higher damage, but the properties you get on an off-hand, it is worth using that instead (crit hit grants arcane power, + to arcane power, etc.).

Swayze11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 08:39 PM   #1995
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubicleGeek View Post
Like all other classes, the spell DPS is directly related to your weapon DPS with an attribute modifier based on class, in this case Intelligence. Kinda silly, I know. I was rocking wands and staves until I realized it really didn't matter. You're better off equipping a two-handed sword if your overall DPS ends up higher.
There are 2 reasons this is not entirely true.

1. You get extra stats in almost all cases by having a second item equiped. DH can have a quiver equiped even if they have a 2handed bow, so this kind of is a special case.

2. Attack speed is always better for a 1 handed weapon. There are many cases this is important, but the ones who come to mind with my 2 level 60 characters are for Life on Hit and Fury/Hatred regen. Depending on the build, this might not matter at all, but for some builds it is very important.
Old 03-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #1996
photon

Exp:

Awww Diablo is cute!

http://www.nerfnow.com/comic/1239

Old 03-04-2014, 03:23 AM   #1997
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Just an FYI, from now until the release of RoS there's a game wide 50% XP increase buff for all characters. If you wanted to roll an alt this is the time to do it, insanely fast leveling especially once you up the difficulty after getting a few good pieces of gear
Old 03-04-2014, 11:18 AM   #1998
Shawnski
CP's Resident DJ

Exp:

Found the answer on MF and how it works now. Travis Day writes:

Quote:
In addition to changing exactly how MF interacts with finding items we also have dramatically reduced it's existence throughout the game. Having strong characters already equates into finding more items, both by virtue of killing things faster and also by virtue of playing in higher difficulties, which still do have rewards associated with them. Because of all of this we decided to not only remove MF as an affix from gear but also change exactly how MF interacts with different item qualities. MF will apply 100% of its benefit to Blue items, 30% to Yellow items, and 10% to Legendary and Set items. This means someone with 300% MF will end up finding roughly 30% more Legendary and Set items than someone with 0%. The design intent is to make things like Topaz gems in helmets or the Nagel Ring an option without them actually being mandatory.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shawnski For This Useful Post:
Old 03-04-2014, 11:55 AM   #1999
CubicleGeek
Scoring Winger

Exp:

@Swayze11 @Rathji

Agreed, though the statement was more to illustrate a point that you don't need "wizard-like" weapons for a wizard.

CubicleGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 02:02 PM   #2000
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawnski View Post
Found the answer on MF and how it works now. Travis Day writes:
That makes me a ton happier about accidentally salvaging half my MF gear the other day.

I doubt I will give it much thought going forward. I think killing faster and getting more loot / exp is a better overall plan. I have felt hamstrung sometimes by having a piece of gear with MF on it that I didn't want to upgrade with something I probably should have. I think I do the same thing with movement speed as well. My lacuna Bracers are quite outdated, but wrist movement boost is hard to replace.