Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2017, 02:42 PM   #1361
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Sutton reserve keeper eating a Pie on the bench in the 82nd minute IS the magic of the cup
d_phaneuf is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 02:55 PM   #1362
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

And the photos of him at the bar at halftime are great as well!
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:12 PM   #1363
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post
FA Cup qf draw

Chelsea v Man United
Middlesbrough v Huddersfield/Man City
Spurs v Millwall
Sutton/Arsenal v Lincoln City.
I have a feeling that Spurs/Millwall game will feature the utmost display of class and civility.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:16 PM   #1364
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I have a feeling that Spurs/Millwall game will feature the utmost display of class and civility.
Indeed.

"Cup of tea sir?"

Everyone knows that Millwall is the edifice of class and civility. Pillars of the community they are.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:21 PM   #1365
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean the stadium is coming down in a few months anyway

I'm sure the Millwall fans that end up pulling up seats are just doing so to help expedite the process, no malicious intent there whatsoever
Old 02-20-2017, 04:23 PM   #1366
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

oh my god he even hoovered the area around the bench ahead of the game. Give this man a medal, or at least another pie

devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-20-2017, 04:31 PM   #1367
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Thats no 'Hoover' thats not even a 'Filter Queen!'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 02-20-2017, 04:36 PM   #1368
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

if ever a look said... 'there's a football match in the background that interrupted my evening snack'
Old 02-20-2017, 04:40 PM   #1369
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by diane_phaneuf View Post

if ever a look said... 'there's a football match in the background that interrupted my evening snack'
"What is that guy in green doing over there? Do you think he wants a Wagon Wheel? He look like he wants a Wagon Wheel...."

Old 02-21-2017, 06:32 AM   #1370
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Haha, you could have had a laugh and made a few bucks if you had bet that Shaw would eat a pie: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39037401
Old 02-21-2017, 09:28 AM   #1371
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Haha, you could have had a laugh and made a few bucks if you had bet that Shaw would eat a pie: http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39037401
No longer on Sutton. Offered his resignation for eating on the bench; which was offered at 8-1 and he knew it.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:34 AM   #1372
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

another reason why I absolutely despise everything that involved betting in sports.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 AM   #1373
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oh come on! That is hilarious!

Maybe he needed to wash that pie down with a pint of wine!

Old 02-21-2017, 11:11 AM   #1374
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
No longer on Sutton. Offered his resignation for eating on the bench; which was offered at 8-1 and he knew it.
Is there any sport you don't know/follow?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Oh come on! That is hilarious!

Maybe he needed to wash that pie down with a pint of wine!
I thought it was funny. I do think its hilarious that the betting house is somehow "investigating" or the overseeing body though. I mean it's pretty obvious that him and some of the boys in the clubhouse thought that this would be amusing, and it was somewhat pre-ordained that he should do it. Why you would offer odds on that is beyond me.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:03 PM   #1375
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Chinese transfer window is still open until February 28th, and it looks more and more likely that Rooney will go there. Didn't think he'd leave until the summer, but he hasn't been selected in a while (they say he's "slightly injured", but hardly anybody is buying that) and hasn't made the 20 player squad for the EL match tomorrow despite training normally today. Mourinho today:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBC
The Chinese Super League's transfer window shuts next week and Mourinho was asked if the club captain would still be at Old Trafford by then.

"You have to ask him," Mourinho said. "Of course I can't guarantee [he will be here]. I can't guarantee that I'm here next week, how can I guarantee that a player is here next season?" [...] "I would never push - or try to push - a legend of this club to another destiny," added the Portuguese coach. "So you have to ask him if he sees himself staying in the club for the rest of his career or if he sees himself moving. It is not a question for me because I am happy to have him. I don't want him to leave."
clearly puts the ball in Rooneys park ... also there's this from the Mirror (which I hate, but it's a direct quote and even though they are gutless, I doubt they fake direct quotes now):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirror
A United insider said: “Nothing could happen until Wayne beat Sir Bobby’s United goal-scoring record. We all knew that once he’d beaten that, the time would come to review his career here. Everything remains totally amicable. We are well aware of what Wayne has done for the club and he appreciates the career he’s had here. But sometimes it’s best for all the parties concerned to look at where we stand and plan a way forward that works for everyone.”
The Telegraph says whether he makes the EFL final squad has a big impact on his decision. Not sure he'd be one of the 18, to be honest ... Ibra is starting, plus two or maybe three of Mkhitaryan, Mata, Martial and Rashford. So that's at least one of them on the bench for sure, plus maybe Lingard. Not nailed on he'd make the bench IMO.

Personally I think he's off. Mourinho has played this perfectly.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 03:29 PM   #1376
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Is there any sport you don't know/follow?!

lots. i don't follow WWE/UFC/Boxing. Don't follow Rugby. Don't really follow NBA regularly.

1. Tennis
2. Soccer
3. Baseball
4. NFL
5. NHL
6. Cricket

I can't form much of an analysis on any sport outside of that.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 04:31 PM   #1377
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

apparently United have been offered a £30m transfer fee for Rooney. Imagine buying an 18 year old talent for £25m, have him score 250 goals over 13 years, win a CL and numerous PL trophies with him and then sell him for £30m when he's gone to ####. Crazy stuff. No wonder the club's obviously hoping he goes ... if they keep him until the end of the season, he might change his mind by then and want to stay in England, which would mean they lose the transfer fee plus have to continue to pay him those ridiculous wages.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 02-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #1378
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
apparently United have been offered a £30m transfer fee for Rooney. Imagine buying an 18 year old talent for £25m, have him score 250 goals over 13 years, win a CL and numerous PL trophies with him and then sell him for £30m when he's gone to ####. Crazy stuff. No wonder the club's obviously hoping he goes ... if they keep him until the end of the season, he might change his mind by then and want to stay in England, which would mean they lose the transfer fee plus have to continue to pay him those ridiculous wages.
For his sake I hope he makes the move to China. He should be leaving of his own accord. Make some dough and ease into retirement.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 11:39 AM   #1379
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
clearly puts the ball in Rooneys park ... also there's this from the Mirror (which I hate, but it's a direct quote and even though they are gutless, I doubt they fake direct quotes now):

Personally I think he's off. Mourinho has played this perfectly.
Looks like No Dice.

Quote:
Wayne Rooney released a statement Thursday saying he won't leave Manchester United in the foreseeable future, vanquishing rumours he could join the Chinese Super League before its Feb. 28 transfer deadline.

"Despite the interest which has been shown from other clubs, for which I'm grateful, I want to end recent speculation and say that I am staying at Manchester United," Rooney said in the statement released by the club.

"I hope I will play a full part in helping the team in its fight for success on four fronts. It's an exciting time at the club and I want to remain a part of it."
http://www.thescore.com/epl/news/123...chester-united

Old 02-23-2017, 11:41 AM   #1380
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

United's Twitter put out the statement too, so that is definitely that, for now anyway.