Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2016, 01:54 PM   #221
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by skudr248 View Post
So call retentions first, then go in store to get account created, or other way around?
Either way. They need an active account to add notes to.

So if you're more comfortable with doing the account first, you can. I preferred to hear a positive answer from a Retentions rep first.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 06:06 PM   #222
Stealth22
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Update, I got my plan switched!!

The rep said that you have to speak with Retentions in order to get it, normal CSR's and store reps can't add it. YMMV.
Stealth22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 11:31 AM   #223
FCAV
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jharp View Post
Anyone had luck with Telus lately? I have been on a loyalty plan for years but would like an new device. I can't get them to budge off the $75 min payment. When I called last week they recommended that I call back on Black Friday to see if they have any sales.
Have you, or any others, had any luck with Telus retentions? I'm off my plan and feel like I can drop things pretty substantially. Wondering what others have been able to get in terms of a general plan without the minimum for device.
FCAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 01:43 PM   #224
REDVAN
Franchise Player

Exp:

$85/mo for unlimited calling & features, and 8GB of data (6 included, 2 bonus for loyalty).
Old 12-07-2016, 02:30 PM   #225
skudr248
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCAV View Post
Have you, or any others, had any luck with Telus retentions? I'm off my plan and feel like I can drop things pretty substantially. Wondering what others have been able to get in terms of a general plan without the minimum for device.
Once I got off my contract I got down to $75 per month (this was with the $5 off a year) for unlimited everything and 6gb data, I noticed my $5 discount came off this month (discount ran its course), so I called in and they gave me a $60 credit off my bill. Not bad. (Rogers)
skudr248 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:12 PM   #226
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Been with Telus for 17 years and after speaking with 2 people in the Business Rententions dept, they can only offer me the standard $200 off a phone (which anyone gets), and an additional $5 off per month. Just talked to a random CSR not in retentions and he offered me more than actual Retentions did - but still not very much in reality.

Talked to Rogers yesterday and they seemed eager, (obviously), to have me move my 2 lines over to them and offered me what I think are decent deals on new phones and rate plans.

It sucks that all my loyalty to Telus gets me nothing.

Am I making a mistake thinking of switching sides?
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 12:15 PM   #227
keratosis
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post
Been with Telus for 17 years and after speaking with 2 people in the Business Rententions dept, they can only offer me the standard $200 off a phone (which anyone gets), and an additional $5 off per month. Just talked to a random CSR not in retentions and he offered me more than actual Retentions did - but still not very much in reality.

Talked to Rogers yesterday and they seemed eager, (obviously), to have me move my 2 lines over to them and offered me what I think are decent deals on new phones and rate plans.

Nope.
Man that's your money. They don't seem that interested in keeping you so why should you have a problem with it?
Had the same problem with Shaw and internet till I actually called and told them to cancel my service. I finally got the shaw 150 for new customer price.

Last edited by keratosis; 12-15-2016 at 12:19 PM.
keratosis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keratosis For This Useful Post:
Old 12-15-2016, 05:09 PM   #228
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madman View Post

If you are happy with the service and do truly want to stay then the one other thing I would recommend is mentioning that you are thinking of cancelling two lines on either facebook or twitter as well - sometimes the social media team will get you with the right department.

Also Im guessing you were in Business retentions because it's a business line - I'm surprised they didn't have better offers since they tend to be quite eager to try and keep customers.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2016, 06:09 PM   #229
Madman
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I was blown away quite frankly of the lack of any willingness on their side to help me out. This general CSR that I spoke with offered me hundreds more than the retentions people did after I called in and asked what my early termination fee would be.

I followed up with Rogers today and let them know that Telus actually stepped up and made me a semi-decent offer. But I was quite surprised as they said they couldn't offer me anything further and couldn't match Telus. I thought they'd be all over the chance to take 2 lines away from Telus, but I guess there's only so much they're willing to do.

So now I need to decide if I'm going to take the Telus deal or just switch to Rogers in spite.
Madman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 02:26 PM   #230
jharp
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I ended up getting a decent deal, not like the old days though.

6gb
200 min
Call display and all that stuff
100 LD minutes
$70 per month and $100 additional credit off my phone

The first person in retention that I got was not very helpful, but told me to call back on black Friday as they hardware would be cheaper. I called back on black Friday and the next retention person to help me was very good and I got the impression she really wanted to keep my business.
Old 12-20-2016, 09:45 PM   #231
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Just switched to this "Loyalty Plan" (Rogers) from my 6GB/$80 plan...needed to go through Retention to get it though:

Quote:
Loyalty Plan w/4GB Data
$50.00

• 4GB Data
• Unlimited Canada-wide Calling
• Unlimited Sent & Received Text, Picture & Video Messages
• Call Display and Voicemail
• 2500 Call Forwarding Minutes
• Conference Calling
• Call Waiting

Overage (per 100 MB) : $5.00
Bring Your Own Device
Fido also has something similar...

There is a thread on RFD which gives more detail on the plan
ah123 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to ah123 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2016, 01:37 PM   #232
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

As I mentioned elsewhere, the telus loyalty rep legit said "yikes" out loud when I read her the details of that plan.

I was paying $45/mth for unlimited canada wide and half a gig. For $50 a month I now get 2.5 gigs.

I'm also getting a bundle discount with telus so it ends up working out to be the same. Since I rarely go over my data limit anyway, it seemed worthwhile to not have to switch.

EDIT: Looking at the confirmation email, to make this really bizarre, the rep gave me 500mb for $15 a month, then 2 gigs free for 2 years. Can't I just remove the 500 mb from my plan and use the free two gigs and pay $15 a month less? I wonder if the 2 free gb won't work without a data plan on my account. But even just the 2 gb would actually be quadruple the data for less than I'm currently paying. Guess I'll find out. Plan doesn't activate until xmas day.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 12-21-2016 at 04:21 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
c-life likes tags , cell phone , oilers suck , oilers suck. , retention plan