Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #21
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyways I've made my point and the only reason I did is because hardly anyone is speaking out against the high prices a few weeks after Bettman and King told us how much better a new building will be for Calgary. Maybe for the slim minority I can see it being beneficial to them but it won't be for the majority and they don't care about Calgary at all, which is fine, they are are business after all.

Just hope they remain consistent with their capitalism and business model and get zero dollars from the public who can't afford to go to games.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:30 PM   #22
icecube
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
2004 was 13 years ago. I know the memories of it are fresh but.. 13 years. Tickets prices just aren't comparable. The Flames had a player payroll of 36 million that season now it's 73 million.

2004 is as comparable now as 1991 was to 2004.
You just blew my mind.
icecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #23
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgaryblood View Post
Or until they need a new building, amiright?
What do you think is the fair way to distribute playoff tickets at a low cost?

I actually find it funny the fans who don't pay for regular season tickets and then think they are entitled to playoff tickets.
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #24
BurningSteel
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I heard KK say they were reviewing all the data regarding playoff ticket prices and would be adjusting the prices moving forward. When pushed for a time frame of this review to be complete he replied very soon.

Sounds like it will happen right away.
BurningSteel is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to BurningSteel For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:32 PM   #25
calgaryblood
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron5425 View Post
You could always stay up all night working an odd job or driving for uber and then use that money to buy the $100 tickets. At the end of the day, you've stayed up all night and you have tickets...
Let me rephrase, I can't afford to go to a game that isn't in the nose bleeds. You're looking at $700 a night if you're going with someone just for average seats. I can afford crappy $220 nosebleeds but it's totally not worth it when the sight lines are terrible, can't see the jumbotron, and bunch of drunks all around you.
calgaryblood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #26
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Anyways I've made my point and the only reason I did is because hardly anyone is speaking out against the high prices a few weeks after Bettman and King told us how much better a new building will be for Calgary. Maybe for the slim minority I can see it being beneficial to them but it won't be for the majority and they don't care about Calgary at all, which is fine, they are are business after all.

Just hope they remain consistent with their capitalism and business model and get zero dollars from the public who can't afford to go to games.
Not following your point at all. Ticket holders saw a marginal increase from their regular season prices. If anything I see this as the Flames trying to shut down the secondary market. Scalpers aren't going to buy as much in this climate as they did in the past.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:33 PM   #27
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The playoffs is when NHL team really make bank, they've priced you out and that sucks but they're still selling tickets like crazy so until that stops it's too bad unfortunately. And yes if you want to combine the issue with a new arena that's fine, another reason why asking for handouts when they gouge their fans is hilarious. If you ever have the chance to bring that up with King or Bettman you should.
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MrMastodonFarm For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:34 PM   #28
Jason14h
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhettzky View Post
Not following your point at all. Ticket holders saw a marginal increase from their regular season prices. If anything I see this as the Flames trying to shut down the secondary market. Scalpers aren't going to buy as much in this climate as they did in the past.
There is no point other then I want lower prices and tickets !
Jason14h is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jason14h For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:36 PM   #29
chummer
Franchise Player

Exp:

The best place to watch the Flames play is on the road, usually way better value.
chummer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:40 PM   #30
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

if I didn't have season tickets and the hefty playoff discount I doubt I'd attend at these prices being asked. They've priced the tickets to just meet demand. they milk every penny out of those seats.

It makes me a little sad. I was 19 in 2004. I think I earned $20k that year, still was able to attend multiple playoff games. That would not be the case even with inflation adjusted earnings in 2017.

The question becomes, if I didn't attend those games when I was 19, would I be a season ticket holder today? This is something that may come back to bite the Flames in the butt in 10 years. They have to balance short term goals (making a ton of money in 2017) with making sure they keep the fan base happy for the next 10 years.
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to krazycanuck For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:46 PM   #31
HappyGilmore
Backup Goalie

Exp:

I was going to post a long winded reply but it's not even worth it. I'll just stick with LOL
Old 04-13-2017, 07:47 PM   #32
CSharp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh, watch it on TV in a pub, at a friend's house, at at your own house. I'm telling ya, this town will suck you dry. It's not like it was once before. Too many rich people and everyone needs to make money off of you. You work for an O&G company, money basically falls out of trees, even in harsh economic times as now. However, if you don't it's a different story. This is why I ask why the hell we need a new arena or why the public needs to pay for it, especially when you know the ticket prices are gonna go up.
CSharp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CSharp For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:49 PM   #33
bcneil
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Nope tickets are underpriced in many sections. My greens cost me $62.30 each. They cost $129 each through ticketmaster face value. They sold on ticketexchange for $222.....meaning the buyer actually paid $270.29

So yeah by any valuation method one can conceive, they are not priced too high.
bcneil is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bcneil For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 04-13-2017, 07:51 PM   #34
Zarley
First Line Centre

Exp:

Zarley is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Zarley For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:52 PM   #35
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Let me rephrase, I can't afford to go to a game that isn't in the nose bleeds. You're looking at $700 a night if you're going with someone just for average seats. I can afford crappy $220 nosebleeds but it's totally not worth it when the sight lines are terrible, can't see the jumbotron, and bunch of drunks all around you.
So you can afford seats in the press level but they aren't good enough for you. And you want seats in the lower two bowls but don't want to pay. Gotcha.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to tvp2003 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #36
aaron5425
Draft Pick

Quote:
hang on, you are saying you got non-nosebleeds for $25 in 04?
aaron5425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:53 PM   #37
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

If the games are sold out then tickets are not too high. Also if tickets were priced lower they would just get re-sold at an inflated cost. Better the money goes to the Flames than scalpers.
Old 04-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #38
Kswiss
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I hear you Calgaryblood. I get the idea of supply and demand but one can still say they are mad expensive....because they are.
Kswiss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Kswiss For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 07:56 PM   #39
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningSteel View Post
I heard KK say they were reviewing all the data regarding playoff ticket prices and would be adjusting the prices moving forward. When pushed for a time frame of this review to be complete he replied very soon.

Sounds like it will happen right away.
Classic KK lol.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2017, 08:00 PM   #40
ToewsFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Start your own business, and become rich. Then you won't care how much tickets are. I'm going to start my own business and become rich. I figure by 2020, I will be able to purchase a luxury box with ease. I just have to work hard.

Right now I would only be able to afford one game.
ToewsFan is offline   Reply With Quote