Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-19-2015, 02:53 AM   #1
rich76
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default 2015/2016 Barclays Premier League Thread

With the release of next season's fixtures upon us, and as an avid fan of everyone's favourite second team for the upcoming season, I shall take the honour of opening up next season's Premier League thread.

Fixtures

Early fixtures analysis

Exciting season in store for Bournemouth... up the Cherries!
rich76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 12:15 PM   #2
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Cech signs with Arsenal.

Great signing for them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...rd-Bridge.html
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 05:10 PM   #3
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Liverpool are paying €41m (£29m) for Hoffenheim player Roberto Firmino, which means it's the Bundesligas new record transfer. I really like Firmino, he's a quality player - but Liverpool are clearly overpaying here.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/33250535
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 08:22 PM   #4
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya that seems crazy money

Rafa Honigstein who is the Guardians BuLi writer says he's too inconsistent to play for a top 4 club at this point
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 11:47 PM   #5
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

I don't mind the fee. He is a young player who had a great season last year. Its important to be aggressive with a signing like this because of the risk of losing him to a CL team if we wait to try and get a better deal. He'll replace Sterling and still have 20 mil left over.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:11 PM   #6
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If Arsenal manage to snag Cech and Schneiderlin, I won't know what to do.
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Addick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:14 PM   #7
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addick View Post
If Arsenal manage to snag Cech and Schneiderlin, I won't know what to do.
me neither because I'll probably go absolutely berserk if United misses out on Schneiderlin

Cech is a quality buy though, hats off to Arsenal.
The Following User Says Thank You to devo22 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2015, 10:49 AM   #8
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Arturo Vidal, what's his story? Is he an aggressive attacking player that can slot in as a holding mid from time to time or is he a Vieira-like box-to-box mid?
“Such suburban models are being rationalized as ‘what people want,’ when in fact they are simply what is most expedient to produce. The truth is that what people want is a decent place to live, not just a suburban version of a decent place to live.”

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 06-26-2015, 12:06 PM   #9
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Arturo Vidal, what's his story? Is he an aggressive attacking player that can slot in as a holding mid from time to time or is he a Vieira-like box-to-box mid?
Box-to-box. He's an excellent player.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 06-26-2015, 12:16 PM   #10
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, a true box-to-box midfielder IMO. Excellent player who gets things going in offense and adds a lot of steel in midfield. Tends to be too aggressive though (he really should have been sent off in the CL final), so if he moves to the Premier League, he'll have to be a bit more careful. I wouldn't trust him as a holding midfielder though, he's too unpredictable for that IMO. Really shines as a box-to-box in a midfield three though.

Not easy for me to do, but I really have to compliment Liverpool on their transfer summer so far. Getting business done early is crucial and the likes of Firmino, Clyne, Milner and Ings are quality additions in key areas where they needed to strengthen. Not bad at all.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:25 PM   #11
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
yeah, a true box-to-box midfielder IMO. Excellent player who gets things going in offense and adds a lot of steel in midfield. Tends to be too aggressive though (he really should have been sent off in the CL final), so if he moves to the Premier League, he'll have to be a bit more careful. I wouldn't trust him as a holding midfielder though, he's too unpredictable for that IMO. Really shines as a box-to-box in a midfield three though.

Not easy for me to do, but I really have to compliment Liverpool on their transfer summer so far. Getting business done early is crucial and the likes of Firmino, Clyne, Milner and Ings are quality additions in key areas where they needed to strengthen. Not bad at all.
I dont Clyne is a done deal, but I hope that goes through. They're also rumoured to be looking into a few other deals that I hope go through, namely Shaqiri.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 12:27 PM   #12
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont Clyne is a done deal, but I hope that goes through. They're also rumoured to be looking into a few other deals that I hope go through, namely Shaqiri.
Sky and Telegraph reported yesterday that Southampton have accepted Liverpools latest £12.5m offer. It obviously hasn't been confirmed by the clubs yet, but I think this one is done and dusted.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #13
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Agree with your review of Vidal, except I feel the EPL is a "harder" league than Serie A, and would befit Vidal's "assertiveness" well.

I'd love him at United.
Old 06-26-2015, 12:31 PM   #14
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Sky and Telegraph reported yesterday that Southampton have accepted Liverpools latest £12.5m offer. It obviously hasn't been confirmed by the clubs yet, but I think this one is done and dusted.
Oh. Well that works for me then.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 06-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #15
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
I'd love him at United.
I don't, honestly. I think he's a brilliant footballer, but drunk driving is something that I have absolutely no sympathy for.

Like I've said a million times before, the one guy that United need in their midfield is Morgan Schneiderlin. Too bad that Arsenal wants him too so I guess it will be a fight between them right until he signs.
Old 06-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #16
Addick
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Like I've said a million times before, the one guy that United need in their midfield is Morgan Schneiderlin. Too bad that Arsenal wants him too so I guess it will be a fight between them right until he signs.
Philippe Auclair tweeted that Schneiderlin favours a move to the Arsenal but the club and player’s representatives are having problems. Bittersweet news for United supporters as it helps them but agents are one of the scourges of the game.

- Roberta Brandes Gratz
Old 06-26-2015, 03:21 PM   #17
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I don't, honestly. I think he's a brilliant footballer, but drunk driving is something that I have absolutely no sympathy for.
Drunk driving? whoa, I had no idea. Yeah, i'm aligned with you there.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:22 PM   #18
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Drunk driving? whoa, I had no idea. Yeah, i'm aligned with you there.
Yeah at the Copa America recently.

Old 06-26-2015, 03:40 PM   #19
lazypucker
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Yeah at the Copa America recently.
Went to a party, drove back to the team's hotel drunk, crashed his Ferrari, but because he is a national hero, he was only brought back to the police station for "questioning," and no charges were laid...
lazypucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 07:54 PM   #20
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Philippe Auclair tweeted that Schneiderlin favours a move to the Arsenal
and according to tomorrows L'Equipe, he wants to go to United. It pretty much changes between Arsenal and United every day, it just depends on who you're believing