Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-14-2013, 04:20 PM   #21
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by polak View Post
luckily he has already gotten his feet wet when it comes to dealing with controversy.
Boo!
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 07:43 PM   #22
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

http://www.tsn.ca/olympics/story/?id=415966

Says he's been charged with murder and has some history with domestic 'issues'.

Quote:
What sparked the shooting remained unclear, but police said they had received calls in the past about domestic altercations at the home of the 26-year-old athlete, who has spoken publicly about his love of firearms.
A police spokeswoman, Brigadier Denise Beukes, said the incidents included "allegations of a domestic nature."
"I'm not going to elaborate on it, but there have been incidents," Beukes said. She said Pistorius was home at the time of Steenkamp's death and "there is no other suspect involved."
Old 02-14-2013, 08:12 PM   #23
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

sounds like the burgler angle was a media fabrication

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:18 AM   #24
polak
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Boo!
Foot in mouth. Athletes Foot. Cold Feet.
polak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:13 AM   #25
valo403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Police had reportedly been called to the house 2 hours before the shooting due to a loud argument and there are multiple reports that she was shot through the bathroom door. Pistorious has been charged with premeditated murder.

Sounds like this guy had a history of somewhat violent behavior, allegations of assault (that were later dropped) and threats made against people, including a threat to break a guys legs, which would have at least made the rematch a more even fight.
valo403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:26 AM   #26
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by valo403 View Post
Police had reportedly been called to the house 2 hours before the shooting due to a loud argument and there are multiple reports that she was shot through the bathroom door. Pistorious has been charged with premeditated murder.

Sounds like this guy had a history of somewhat violent behavior, allegations of assault (that were later dropped) and threats made against people, including a threat to break a guys legs, which would have at least made the rematch a more even fight.
Amazing the dual personalities. From all accounts from reporters he was the nicest guy at the Olympics. Since everyone in the world wanted to talk to him in London, he would stay at the stadium late into the night and never refused an interview no matter where the interviewer was from.

Old 02-15-2013, 08:54 AM   #27
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Amazing the dual personalities. From all accounts from reporters he was the nicest guy at the Olympics. Since everyone in the world wanted to talk to him in London, he would stay at the stadium late into the night and never refused an interview no matter where the interviewer was from.
I wouldn't say "from all accounts." I was reading an article in the Guardian yesterday that talked about how quite a few reporters found him to be arrogant and aloof. That, and he was a bit of a sore loser during the Paralympics.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:57 AM   #28
Stay Golden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Tragic story for the deceased model and her family. Oscar not such the poster boy he has been portrayed to be.
Nevermind the murder just the rumored police reports of abuse alone towards the girlfriend is despicable.
Old 02-15-2013, 10:51 AM   #29
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

And the family goes with the straight denial...

Quote:
Pistorius, 26, sat with his head bowed when he was brought before magistrates and began to sob, covering his face with his hands, as the charge against him was read out.

Chief magistrate Desmond Nair told him: “Take it easy. Come take a seat.”

Pistorius was supported by his father Henke, brother Carl and sister Aimee. His family and management company later issued a staunch denial of the allegation on behalf of the track superstar.

They said: “Firstly, and most importantly, all our thoughts today must be with the family and friends of Reeva Steenkamp.

“Oscar Pistorius has appeared in court here in Pretoria this morning formally charged with the murder of Reeva Steenkamp. The alleged murder is disputed in the strongest terms.”

The statement added: “Oscar Pistorius has made history as an Olympic and Paralympic sportsman and has been an inspiration to others the world over.

“He has made it very clear that he would like to send his deepest sympathies to the family of Reeva.

“He would also like to express his thanks through us today for all the messages of support he has received - but as stated our thoughts and prayers today should be for Reeva and her family, regardless of the circumstances of this terrible, terrible tragedy.”
http://www.scotsman.com/news/oscar-p...kamp-1-2790717

I mean obviously going from 36 hours earlier being an icon, living the life and dating a beautiful girl to possibly spending the rest of your life in jail must be pretty devastating, but I'm guessing he feels more sorry for himself than the victim. Should be a fun trial, and I actually give him OJ/Ray Lewis odds of getting out of this. Apparently a lot of people in South Africa are buying his story.
Old 02-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #30
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wanting to fight guys that he thought was interested in his girlfriend. Like I said before a guy without legs dating a model is probably a recipe for insecurity and trust issues. According to Jim Rome three shots were fired accompanied by a screams, then a pause and more shots. Doesn't sound like an accident to me.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 02:45 PM   #31
GreatWhiteEbola
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Wanting to fight guys that he thought was interested in his girlfriend. Like I said before a guy without legs dating a model is probably a recipe for insecurity and trust issues. According to Jim Rome three shots were fired accompanied by a screams, then a pause and more shots. Doesn't sound like an accident to me.
I know that when I date a good looking girl I'm a raging insecure a-hole, that's because I can't use my legs.

If anything he has more confidence then your average fella, because he has accomplished more without his legs.

Please pull your head out of your ass.

GreatWhiteEbola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:40 AM   #32
Red Slinger
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
...but I'm guessing he feels more sorry for himself than the victim.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada
Like I said before a guy without legs dating a model is probably a recipe for insecurity and trust issues.
I don't understand why it's necessary to make assumptions on his psychological state. People see him on TV, read about him and create an entire back story. Unless you know the guy you don't know the guy. For all we know he got high and had a bad trip (not suggesting that's the case).
Old 02-16-2013, 04:52 AM   #33
MrMastodonFarm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Wanting to fight guys that he thought was interested in his girlfriend. Like I said before a guy without legs dating a model is probably a recipe for insecurity and trust issues.
You've taken ignorance and stupidity to a whole new level with this post
MrMastodonFarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 AM   #34
Daradon
Has lived the dream!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
And the family goes with the straight denial...

http://www.scotsman.com/news/oscar-p...kamp-1-2790717

I mean obviously going from 36 hours earlier being an icon, living the life and dating a beautiful girl to possibly spending the rest of your life in jail must be pretty devastating, but I'm guessing he feels more sorry for himself than the victim. Should be a fun trial, and I actually give him OJ/Ray Lewis odds of getting out of this. Apparently a lot of people in South Africa are buying his story.
Apparently they don't do jury trials in South Africa. It's just the judge who makes the decision after listening to the case. That's at least what I thought I heard on CBC the other day about it. So he can't get a sympathetic (or stupid) jury.
Daradon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 09:17 AM   #35
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

wonder if steroids played a part in his anger control. Just tossing that out there.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:48 PM   #36
TopChed
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bertuzzied View Post
Man if you are that scared for your safety and have the money, why would you live there?

Pistorius' house in the Silver Lakes community on the eastern edge of South Africa's capital, Pretoria, is in an attractive compound permanently guarded by armed security, yet that was not enough to allay his concerns about being the victim of violent crime.
It seems like 90% of nice houses in the Johannesburg/ Pretoria area of South Africa are in similar communities. There's massive walls enclosing them, and there are armed guards at the front gate who also patrol the community periodically. Home invasions are a pretty serious problem out there for anyone with money.
TopChed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:01 PM   #37
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

New details...
Quote:
A bloodied cricket bat is the central piece of evidence in the unfolding murder investigation into ReevaSteenkamp’s death.

City Press can reveal that police are investigating different scenarios involving the bat – one of which is that her boyfriend, Olympic hero Oscar Pistorius, used it to viciously assault her.

The police are also investigating two more possibilities: that Steenkamp may have used the bat in self-defence, or that Pistorius used it to break down the toilet door behind which Steenkamp was hiding from him.

We can further reveal that police specifically requested that Pistorius’ blood be tested for drugs and steroids.

Steenkamp’s skull was “crushed” and police tests on the cricket bat and her body will reveal if the injuries were caused by blows to the back of her head.

“There was lots of blood on the bat. Forensic tests will show whose blood it was,” said a source with inside knowledge of the case.
http://www.citypress.co.za/news/excl...ainst-oscar-2/
Old 02-18-2013, 10:22 AM   #38
undercoverbrother
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am very interested to see how this plays out. In fact I am surprised the story of mistaking her for an intruder was not accepted by the police.

Corporal Jean-Marc H. BECHARD, 6 Aug 1993

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sliver View Post
Just ignore me...I'm in a mood today.
undercoverbrother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:46 AM   #39
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by undercoverbrother View Post
I am very interested to see how this plays out. In fact I am surprised the story of mistaking her for an intruder was not accepted by the police.
Are you really surprised after reading the post just before yours?
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:47 AM   #40
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

It really does sound like the State has pieced this all together and have a very strong case. The burgler thing has totally been dismissed since her bag was already there away from the crime scene (no blood on it) and she was wearing her pajamas.