Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #41
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMile34 View Post
Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone knows of a spot in Calgary that is doing a midnight release for Madden 13? I don't want to have to wait that extra 10 hours to start playing!
I think you can download the game if you cant wait the extra 10 hours.

Who here has playstation and wants to get pumped by me online?
PeteLFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 07:10 AM   #42
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

I was only able to play the early release a little over the weekend, but I think I'll be loving this game.

One big thing I like is that guys actually tire, I will be using formation subs to keep guys fresh, and also because the Pats have 3 medicore RB's, so may as well have someone fresh.

The twitter and newspaper stories are a nice add to Connected Careers. I saw on a video that there were fresh stories into the 2nd year of a franchise, pretty cool.

Alos read that while draft classes may end up the same, guys will turn out differently than the first time you saw them. If I am correct htere are 30 draft classes so one for each year of your franchise, but if you start a new one and happen to see the same draft class, a top QB for example, may lose a big college game, miss winning the Heisman and turn into Ryan Leaf, even if he was Payton Manning-like the first time that you saw him.

The game feels more like football, guys bounce off tackles, fight for the extra yard and the canned animations seem to be gone, the physics engine really shines.

Can't wait to get some time in tonight, wife is out.
Old 08-27-2012, 10:27 AM   #43
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

About the formation subs - is it easy to set those?

Does it do it automatically when you reach a certain level of tiredness?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 04:48 PM   #44
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
About the formation subs - is it easy to set those?

Does it do it automatically when you reach a certain level of tiredness?
One thing that's always bugged me about Madden was that you couldn't use sub-formations if you did gameflow play-calling.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #45
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Madden has arrived.
The Following User Says Thank You to PeteLFan For This Useful Post:
Old 08-27-2012, 11:16 PM   #46
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Leave. Your. Mark.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 12:53 PM   #47
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

I think ill need to get this today. I want to hold off for a while but I don't think I can
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:51 PM   #48
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

FML. Bought this game without doing any research on it (my fault I know), and didn't realize there is no franchise mode in the game which is pretty much all I play in it. What the hell EA
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:53 PM   #49
PeteLFan
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Loving the game so far. Passing is so much better
Old 08-28-2012, 08:58 PM   #50
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I grabbed it today as well. I did the same thing I do every year: waltz around in circles at EB for a half hour deciding whether or not to buy the latest iteration of the Madden franchise. I inevitably always do, and then inevitably end up trading it in at some point a month or two later once NHL ends up taking up all my time.

The combination of a potential NHL lockout as well as the improved physics in Madden may change that this year, but we'll see. What are others thinking so far?
Old 08-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #51
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerio View Post
FML. Bought this game without doing any research on it (my fault I know), and didn't realize there is no franchise mode in the game which is pretty much all I play in it. What the hell EA
Play Connected Career as a coach. Its basically the new franchise mode. I haven't got the game yet but I'm pretty sure its the same thing, and you can play offline so its not connect to all the online aspects, it'll just be like the classic franchise mode with all the added goodies
Old 08-28-2012, 09:03 PM   #52
KelVarnsen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I think Coach Career mode is the new franchise mode. Maybe someone with Madden 13 can confirm or deny this.
KelVarnsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:12 PM   #53
Cheerio
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Play Connected Career as a coach. Its basically the new franchise mode. I haven't got the game yet but I'm pretty sure its the same thing, and you can play offline so its not connect to all the online aspects, it'll just be like the classic franchise mode with all the added goodies
Yeah, but it's single player. I never really play xbox by myself so me and buddies would always do multiplayer franchise mode with a fantasy draft, but it seems like they removed both of those options.
Cheerio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 09:20 PM   #54
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

Yeah I'm reading up on it right now. Fantasty draft, NCAA importing and player editing are no longer in the mode. Not too pleased about the fantasy draft being gone

Can anyone with the game confirm what else is different? Do you still draft and everything like normal in the offseason? That's what I care about most
Old 08-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #55
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wood View Post
Yeah I'm reading up on it right now. Fantasty draft, NCAA importing and player editing are no longer in the mode. Not too pleased about the fantasy draft being gone

Can anyone with the game confirm what else is different? Do you still draft and everything like normal in the offseason? That's what I care about most
Still can scout, draft, and sign players. This year they built an entirely new game mode so local multiplayer CCM, editing players appearances/attributes, and fantasy draft is missing from this new game mode.
Old 08-28-2012, 10:57 PM   #56
Max Cow Disease
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Loaded my own mug into the game using this new "Game Face" feature. Creepy as all hell, though cool.
Old 08-29-2012, 12:21 AM   #57
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Anyone having a lot of problems with drops? Just played a game and had 7 drops.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:03 AM   #58
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I had two games where I had wide open receivers dropping balls like crazy. Haven't notice this as much lately though.
Old 08-29-2012, 07:28 AM   #59
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
I got robbed online last night. My receivers were dropping catchable balls left and right and my opponent was catching everything even balls that looked like sure incompletions. I had McFadden wide open in the end zone with nobody near him looking back at the QB and he just drops the ball. I'm all for realism but receivers typically don't drop 50% of the passes thrown their way and it really makes it difficult to win when the drops are all on one team.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM   #60
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
What?? There's no Franchise mode???

EDIT: I just read more of this thread, confused now. Sounds like it merged with Superstar mode. So do you still have the option of just doing a normal, offline 30 year Franchise type mode in Connected Career, where you control the whole team and also all the FA/trades type stuff? If not, this is a complete pass for me.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote