Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 04-24-2012, 07:07 AM   #1
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Childrens Hospital - TV Series

This Webisode is probably the most ridiculous thing you will ever see. I am recommending it highly.

Slant Magazine

"Childrens Hospital. If ever given the chance to go hang out on a show's set for just one day, I don't think I would hesitate in choosing Adult Swim's exuberant Childrens Hospital. In addition to the fact the series is a massive melting pot of almost every notable "indie" comedic talent working today, it simply looks like the construction of each scene is a regular cork-popping festivity (this season even featured a Party Down reunion of sorts). The series has come far from its web-based roots, capturing in only 11 minutes what other ensemble comedies fail to do in twice the time. The expertly delivered, wide-ranging jokes come in rapid-fire succession, and while it may appear as if much of it is improvised (sans the unusually well-choreographed musical numbers), Childrens Hospital devotees will realize that there's a surprising amount of continuity and overarching material at play here that, when the moment is right, surfaces to reveal one of the smartest, most conscientious comedies on TV."

IMDB'd

NSFW - Adult Themes may have some language

Episode 1

NSFW!

Last edited by To Be Quite Honest; 04-26-2012 at 04:43 PM.
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to To Be Quite Honest For This Useful Post:
Old 04-25-2012, 09:28 AM   #2
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I find it to be a really funny show, but I can't watch more than an episode at a time.

Portlandia gives me the same vibe.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 09:35 AM   #3
To Be Quite Honest
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
I find it to be a really funny show, but I can't watch more than an episode at a time.

Portlandia gives me the same vibe.
Portlanda is next on my list to watch.

I really enjoy Children's Hospital. I've finished 2 seasons over these two days and I think it's actually nice only committing 10 minutes to an episode. When I want to take a quick break from editing I throw one on and then go back to work. It's less time wasting for me!
To Be Quite Honest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:15 PM   #4
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

I think it's a well done show. I love the recaps at the beginning that don't recap anything.

And there's no apostrophe in the title because the hospital is named after a man, Dr. Arthur Childrens, and not because they treat kids.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fart funny , nut cutters , one left sock