Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2017, 02:18 PM   #41
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

If the Flames get up by a bunch, looks for fisticuffs to break out at the old arena tonight folks. We expect this to be similar to the famous Jack Demphy versus Honest Jerry Boy Floyd who fought each other for the heavy weight chapionships in ought 4.

Yes sir that one went 165 rounds and ended when Demphy clobbered Floyd with a cow.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 02:25 PM   #42
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Have you watched Ferland fight? He's an animal, and has been since junior. 5 years ago Iginla may have done alright, I don't think he'd fare very well now unless he was using his old man strength to wrestle Ferland to the ice.
yes. As a matter of fact I have.

Ferland's strategy in a scrap is to hang on and then throw an uppercut from his skate laces. In junior it landed a few times and put guys to sleep. In the pros he's never been able to land one. He's also fighting bigger guys in the pros. He's a tough guy, but by no means a feared fighter - yet.

Iginla on the other hand is a very skilled fighter, adept with throwing with either hand, and who has fought all shapes and sizes in his NHL career. He's still top of the charts physically and has much, much more hockey fighting experience than Ferland.
Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #43
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaskal View Post
Depends on who wants to make him answer the bell. If it's Doughty himself, then sure. Anyone else, forget it.
I think because the majority of people view the hit as dirty that it would be the best decision to fight whoever. Regardless of what we think, if he does not drop the mitts he's going to be looked at as a Sean Avery type. Fans of other teams look for any reason to pick him apart, why give them legitimate ammo?
Insane_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:30 PM   #44
TheOnlyBilko
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlpineOracle View Post
Have you watched Ferland fight? He's an animal, and has been since junior. 5 years ago Iginla may have done alright, I don't think he'd fare very well now unless he was using his old man strength to wrestle Ferland to the ice.

Iginla is 39 not 55. You think a 39 year old can't keep up in a fight with a 25 year old? Really? You would be gravely mistaken.
TheOnlyBilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:37 PM   #45
bax
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insane_Flame View Post
I think because the majority of people view the hit as dirty that it would be the best decision to fight whoever. Regardless of what we think, if he does not drop the mitts he's going to be looked at as a Sean Avery type. Fans of other teams look for any reason to pick him apart, why give them legitimate ammo?

Why would Tkachuk care what other team's fans think...? Just go play hockey.
bax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:42 PM   #46
belsarius
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
He definitely has to answer the bell if it rings. I am kind of dreading him not. Don't mess with the bull if you aren't prepared for the horns. I would hate to have a Burrows or Kesler on this team *BARF*. P.S. Ferland would take Iggy sorry to say.
I can't see him not stepping up for the fight. I don't know that his pedigree has it in him. I don't remember Keith backing down from a fight so I have a hard time seeing his kid going the way of a Burrows or Kesler.
The @NHLFlames are the first team to feature four players each with 50+ points within their first 45 games of a season since the Penguins in 1995-96 (Ron Francis, Mario Lemieux, Jaromir Jagr, Tomas Sandstrom).
belsarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:52 PM   #47
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Meh. I thought what Doughty had to say was a non issue, as I expect this will be tonight.
Had Tkachuk not been suspended, maybe there would be something else coming. As it stands, I don't think do.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:56 PM   #48
Resolute 14
In the Sin Bin

Exp:

Quote:
Honestly, the time to send that message was in the last game. The only thing the Kings would accomplish by trying to pick a fight tonight is to end up looking even more pathetic than they already are.
Resolute 14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:07 PM   #49
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

A fight between Iggy and Tkachuk would be like a passing of the torch ceremony. Iggy is an animal tho and I doubt he wants to fight a 19 year old in possibly his last game at the dome. Doughty won't do it tho, his fighting skills are awful and he would hate to get tuned in by Tkachuk. Way too much risk and not enough reward for him unless Tkachuk really ticked him off. If anything Tkachuk will be the one starting something tonight
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:17 PM   #50
CliffFletcher
Franchise Player

Exp:

28 min defencemen aren't in the habit of taking fighting majors. I doubt Doughty does anything. Someone else will probably try to goad Tkachuk into dropping the gloves, but he's too smart for that.
CliffFletcher is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CliffFletcher For This Useful Post:
Old 03-29-2017, 03:21 PM   #51
Hockeyguy15
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
28 min defencemen aren't in the habit of taking fighting majors. I doubt Doughty does anything. Someone else will probably try to goad Tkachuk into dropping the gloves, but he's too smart for that.
Tkachuk has already done his job if the Kings are busy thinking about getting back at him. I hope they are more focused on him than winning the game.

I predict Tkachuk is going to be under their skin all night, but he will be on his best behaviour in doing so. Lots of going to the net and letting LA take shots at him in scrums and in the corners hoping to draw penalties.
Hockeyguy15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:25 PM   #52
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

yeah, if they are chasing Tkachuk then they aren't playing their structured system.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:27 PM   #53
Insane_Flame
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bax View Post
Why would Tkachuk care what other team's fans think...? Just go play hockey.

I speaking more towards his reputation and the Flames reputation. I would rather him not have the rep of someone who talks @^$# and not back it up. I have lived in Vancouver since 1987, I would have cheered for them if that is what I respected.
Insane_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:36 PM   #54
FanIn80
GOAT!

Exp:

The only real danger of something happening is if it's a Calgary blowout; a situation where LA's season is all but done.

Until such a point in time happens, the Kings do not have the luxury of worrying about anything else other than winning hockey games.
FanIn80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:37 PM   #55
sun
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Tkachuk sure is entertaining.
sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:45 PM   #56
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
He's already shown that he will answer the bell after a big hit. Don't remember who he hit against Anaheim, but Cramarossa went after him right away and they had a clean square off and Tkachuk handled himself very well against a decent scrapper.
Old 03-29-2017, 04:04 PM   #57
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
A fight between Iggy and Tkachuk would be like a passing of the torch ceremony. Iggy is an animal tho and I doubt he wants to fight a 19 year old in possibly his last game at the dome. Doughty won't do it tho, his fighting skills are awful and he would hate to get tuned in by Tkachuk. Way too much risk and not enough reward for him unless Tkachuk really ticked him off. If anything Tkachuk will be the one starting something tonight

That Doughty won't fight Tkachuk is an interesting take. If he doesn't and hides behind some teammates, Tkachuk and the rest of the Flames will be relentless on him. I can only imagine what Versteeg would say.

I think Dought has to, given what was said in the press.