Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 02-01-2017, 09:56 PM   #1
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:
Default Ubisoft: For Honor

Enter the chaos of war as a bold Knight, brutal Viking or deadly Samurai, three of the greatest warriors of legend. In For Honor, wield your blade like never before with the innovative Art of Battle combat system that puts you in total control of your warrior. Master the sword and fight in brutal, fast-paced melee combat across an engaging story campaign and groundbreaking multiplayer modes.

Anyone else looking forward to this game?
Iceman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:01 PM   #2
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

It looks interesting... I had a code for the closed beta but didn't get around to playing it. Might try the open beta when it goes live.

But, it is a multiplayer game, and as much as I love PvP they aren't going to dedicated servers and that has me shying away from it.
TjRhythmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 10:30 PM   #3
Anduril
Franchise Player

Exp:

Definitely looks interesting but I don't know how much longevity it could have.
Anduril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 11:05 PM   #4
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been playing it since closed alpha and I have mixed opinions on the game. It's fun and they've created excellent combat mechanics but I am not entirely happy with the game modes. 4v4 Dominion is good. I don't care much for Duels or Elimination (I think they renamed this mode to Brawl). It would have been nice for them to have more organic objectives like those found in Chivalry.

I will probably end up picking it up at some point. It can be frustrating when you're matched up against much more skilled players but there are a lot of great player created moments. Nothing is more satisfying than scoring a sweet execution against a tough opponent.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 02:27 PM   #5
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Old 02-02-2017, 03:02 PM   #6
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I've been following the game on reddit and it seems everyone is positive about the gameplay balance and game modes but are really down on the P2P server system which is causing frustration when people d/c.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 03:22 PM   #7
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've thought it looks shallow and lacking in content. Pretty, though. So, like most AAA games these days.

They'll likely fill it out with overpriced DLC and microtransactions.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2017, 04:43 PM   #8
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post
I've thought it looks shallow and lacking in content. Pretty, though. So, like most AAA games these days.

They're using the same DLC model as R6: Siege. 3 "Seasons" which will each have 2 free maps. They'll also be adding in 6 New heroes. People who buy the season pass will get those heroes instantly and 7 days early. Otherwise you can earn them by playing the game.

I imagine the DLC will mostly just be cosmetic stuff. They have to make money somehow and I rather see developers offer up optional paid cosmetics than fracture their community by charging for map packs and heroes.

Last edited by cDnStealth; 02-02-2017 at 04:47 PM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 02-02-2017, 11:30 PM   #9
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

nm
Old 02-09-2017, 06:31 PM   #10
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Open beta started today, and goes until the 12th for any interested in this game
Old 02-09-2017, 07:32 PM   #11
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Played through the tutorial and did one of the duels. Not a game for me. Found it really boring.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 12:36 AM   #12
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjRhythmic View Post
Open beta started today, and goes until the 12th for any interested in this game
I downloaded the beta late today so I'll give it a go sometime tomorrow. Have you tried it yet Ty?
Old 02-10-2017, 08:40 AM   #13
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Played through the tutorial and did one of the duels. Not a game for me. Found it really boring.
You should probably try a Dominion match before judging. That's the best mode IMO. It gets fairly chaotic when you're trying to hold out against multiple enemy players.
Old 02-10-2017, 01:03 PM   #14
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OutOfTheCube View Post

Yeah I realize DLC is hear to stay but I do my best not to pay for it unless it's really good content like the Witcher 3 DLC. Not too impressed Resident Evil 7 had DLC available within a week of release.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 01:20 PM   #15
silentsim
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I enjoyed my limited time with the open beta last night, particularly Dominion
silentsim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 05:10 PM   #16
Fire
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
You should probably try a Dominion match before judging. That's the best mode IMO. It gets fairly chaotic when you're trying to hold out against multiple enemy players.
I did try it again and got into a Dominion match. It was better, but I still didn't enjoy enough to make me want to buy the game.

Fire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2017, 06:05 PM   #17
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
I did try it again and got into a Dominion match. It was better, but I still didn't enjoy enough to make me want to buy the game.
Yeah after trying the beta I'm actually thinking along the same lines. If I see it on sale for between $30-$40 then i think that would be a solid purchase for a casual game but at full price, I'm not sure its worth it
Old 02-10-2017, 10:11 PM   #18
Iceman57
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceman57 View Post
Yeah after trying the beta I'm actually thinking along the same lines. If I see it on sale for between $30-$40 then i think that would be a solid purchase for a casual game but at full price, I'm not sure its worth it
Actually I take it all back as i was too quick to judge, learning the fighting mechanic helps big time, playing with friends is a ton of fun and silentsim is right with the Dominion mode being the most fun.
Old 02-10-2017, 10:44 PM   #19
TjRhythmic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

the game is launching with a full single player campaign as well. Can be played solo, or two player co-op

http://forhonor.ubisoft.com/game/en-.../campaign.aspx

Devs describe it as "a full story campaign, a cinematic adventure where you will play as the knights first as the Warden, then you play as the Raider, then you play as the Orochi... You'll play all through three different regions; the knights' homeland, the viking homeland, and the samurai homeland. You'll go on this great adventure... We built the campaign so that if you bought the game just for that, that you would be satisfied even if you never went online and played multiplayer. It's intended to be a full experience."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/for.../1100-6443983/
Old 02-12-2017, 03:10 PM   #20
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

So what's everyone's thoughts on this now after trying the beta? I'm not a big fan of these P2P servers - saw quite a few d/c when someone hosting dropped out.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote