Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2016, 09:20 PM   #1
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:
Default Calgary Roughnecks free agent news.

So...

Mike Poulin, former all star goalie, member of the team for 7 years, has signed as a free agent with the Georgia Swarm. Good for him.

The only issue that I have is that there is no news item or acknowledgement at all on the Calgary Roughnecks website by the team. The only reference was a "thank you" note to the fans FROM Mike Poulin. He signed with the Swarm on August 1st. Today. Three days later...nothing on the website from the team or GM or coach or Howie (the Honey Badger) or anyone?

Now. I know that lacrosse is not entirely major leagues though I've had Roughneck season tickets for the last 4 years. However, how are they going to ever (if ever) make that leap if that can't simply publish a quick note on their website? They share front office staff with the Flames so surely someone is there??? There must be 'cause they are providing updates of other team members in the summer lacrosse leagues.

I know. Probably the vast majority of people on this board don't care, but a good organization would at least acknowledge this and thank Mike Poulin for his years of service for the team.

However, I (a fairly minor 4 year season ticket holder) do appreciate and thank Mike Poulin for his service to the Roughnecks.

Last edited by taffeyb; 08-04-2016 at 09:28 PM.
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #2
KevanGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wow crazy. Im surprised I havent heard or read anything either. Im glad he found a different team to sign him.
KevanGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KevanGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 09:33 PM   #3
JiriHrdina
I believe in the Pony Power

Exp:

I don't know. Most teams don't announce when a player sign somewhere else. The Flames didn't post a story on their website when Joe Colborne signed with the Avs.
I think the post they put on their facebook account was a nice recognition of the guy.
Poulin is one of the real nice guys in the sport - a super guy. Happy to see him get this opportunity. The Roughnecks are well positioned in net with Big Frank as the #1 next year and Chris Del Bi Anco considered one of the top younger netminders in the entire sport.
JiriHrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to JiriHrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 08-04-2016, 09:41 PM   #4
taffeyb
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

I'm getting old(er)...I have to get me one of them "facebook" accounts so that I can read other facebook accounts without having a log in banner taking up 1/3 of the page. And so I can "follow" (is that the term or is it "like"...?) the Roughnecks...
taffeyb is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to taffeyb For This Useful Post: